Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub you have ever been in?

Scanny

The Crabtree in Shoreham, it used to be really nice in there. When I was a young kid, the Pool table used to be in the backroom. But now it has gone really rough, chavs enter everyday.

Just been taken over.

Its the people from the Bridge, seem to be trying to turn things around.

I went in a couple of months ago, it was completely empty and it was GBP 3.30 a pint!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Typical Nipple. Ruining A Perfectly Good Thread. That Bloke Needs To f*** Off.

The Jubilee In Derby! That Is, I'm Sure, The Place. So f***ing Scary It's Unbelievable.

Oh, nice. didn't the fact that everybody now knows who you are and have been stalking me since the corporate finished teach you anything you loser? Now piss off before thsi gets serious Susan.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Oh, nice. didn't the fact that everybody now knows who you are and have been stalking me since the corporate finished teach you anything you loser? Now piss off before thsi gets serious Susan.

Did I Hear Correctly Nibbble, Bars Mar Is A BIRD Called Susan?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Did I Hear Correctly Nibbble, Bars Mar Is A BIRD Called Susan?

Yes. I never really wanted to air this on here but I got so sick of her on a thread a few days a go that I had to say something. I did a corporate film a while ago and she was make up trainee on the set. i supposedly ignored her and she has been a pain in the arse since. She is now unemployed, which is one reason I get particularly pissed off when she goes on about my work. She is fixated with the failed actor thing because since my days of doing corporate work I have gone on to do TV work and she became unemployed. She deserve all the shit she gets.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Jesus that's f***ing bizzare!!

She must have some serious mental issues. How did you find out?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
f*** me there's some strange folk out there.

Suppose you've hit the big time now you've got a stalker :D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't know about roughest, but I certainly didn't feel safe in the Bulldog down St. James' Street!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Bosun used to be a rough old pub. They'd search you for weapons on the way in. If you didn't have any, they'd lend you some.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
haven't gone through all the posts so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

The Mighty Fine in Portsmouth. Drunk there when i was in the Navy, in my first visit (a Sunday lunchtime) I saw two whore's fighting which resulted in one of them being carted off to hospital with half her face missing, amazing the damage that a bottle can do. One of the bar staff was a dwarf and he was regularly hung up on a coat hook, this day he took exception to this and when he was finally let down he sneaked up on the guy that did it and beat him about the head with a glass ashtray rendering the poor sod unconscious. Queue visit from the local constabulary for the second time within an hour ( they weren't the least bit surprised!). In subsequent visits I saw some very educational floor shows from the local ladies (very nice), a guy get stabbed (not very nice) he lived but only just. Some bloke who was acting the arsehole was beaten senseless, stripped naked and chucked out into the street and the normal fights that occurred night in night out. This was in the early eighties and I was reliably informed that the place had toned down since the 70's. It had no windows as the brewery was sick of replacing them every other day. A bloody nightmare but as very niave and innocent 17 year old it was great fun, if I'd been a few years older I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the place. I went back in about '92 to discover that the bastards had turned it into a wine bar/ restaurant :cry:

One of my older mates was from mid-Sussex and had drunk in the Bosun in the 70's which was an experience but nothing on the Mighty fine. The cliental in the Bosun were human, not something you could say for many of the cliental in the Mighty fine.

I was a student in Portsmouth 79-82 and the Mighty Fine was the one town centre pub I never dared venture into. I remember from walking past that it never seemed to have any windows and you could sense an air of menace. The roughest that I visited was the Black Dog opposite where I lived in Fratton. The public bar was the totall lawless territory of Fratton's roughest family and the landlord was one Brian Bromley, once of Albion fame.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner

Come On Then You Cuntslap. How f***ing Serious Do you Want It? You Live In A f***ing DreamWorld Nipple. And Don't f***ing Tell Me To f*** Off From Here. I'm The Albion Fan And You're Not Remember

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
haven't gone through all the posts so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

The Mighty Fine in Portsmouth. Drunk there when i was in the Navy, in my first visit (a Sunday lunchtime) I saw two whore's fighting which resulted in one of them being carted off to hospital with half her face missing, amazing the damage that a bottle can do. One of the bar staff was a dwarf and he was regularly hung up on a coat hook, this day he took exception to this and when he was finally let down he sneaked up on the guy that did it and beat him about the head with a glass ashtray rendering the poor sod unconscious. Queue visit from the local constabulary for the second time within an hour ( they weren't the least bit surprised!). In subsequent visits I saw some very educational floor shows from the local ladies (very nice), a guy get stabbed (not very nice) he lived but only just. Some bloke who was acting the arsehole was beaten senseless, stripped naked and chucked out into the street and the normal fights that occurred night in night out. This was in the early eighties and I was reliably informed that the place had toned down since the 70's. It had no windows as the brewery was sick of replacing them every other day. A bloody nightmare but as very niave and innocent 17 year old it was great fun, if I'd been a few years older I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the place. I went back in about '92 to discover that the bastards had turned it into a wine bar/ restaurant :cry:

One of my older mates was from mid-Sussex and had drunk in the Bosun in the 70's which was an experience but nothing on the Mighty fine. The cliental in the Bosun were human, not something you could say for many of the cliental in the Mighty fine.

I was a student in Portsmouth 79-82 and the Mighty Fine was the one town centre pub I never dared venture into. I remember from walking past that it never seemed to have any windows and you could sense an air of menace. The roughest that I visited was the Black Dog opposite where I lived in Fratton. The public bar was the totall lawless territory of Fratton's roughest family and the landlord was one Brian Bromley, once of Albion fame.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The Bosun used to be a rough old pub. They'd search you for weapons on the way in. If you didn't have any, they'd lend you some.

I was a Bo'sun regular for a while. not a bad bunch of lads really but there did tend to be a few fights at closing time.

I don't get out much of an evening, but i recon West Street on a saturday night looks more dangerous now with so many more people milling around.

As for footie trips, i remember having to suss out a pub in Wolverhampton, full of skinheads....playing dominoes!

A few years back i went into a pub near London Bridge on a millwall trip, Full of geezerz, hardly a hair between them. I was with my lad and couldn't just turn around and out but, by the time i had ordered i started to recognise people and rrealised it was a pub full of Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here