Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub you have ever been in?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure I ran The Cricketers for him in 2001 but he was getting shot of his small local pubs and going into large catering houses. For a time he had Bar Nun in Haywards Heath, The Volunteer in Lewes, The pub opposite Shoreham Station not the one that is closed or has been closed down but the one opposite and I believe that he has a pub in South Ferring now called The Tudor or at least he did have.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
How about The Springbok near QPR's ground what a fuckin shithole pub and location.

Genuinely amazed to hear you say that. Here's a pub that you can get served in, can have a good old sing song in with the locals and is 2 minutes from the ground. Now that is what I call the IDEAL boozer. Are my standards that low?

I nominate The Railway right next to Millmoor, not so much for the pub before the game coz the locals in the supporters club downstairs were very welcoming, but I did B&B there a couple of seasons ago.
What the FK was I thinking of? Unbelieveable.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Back When Derby Used To Play At The Baseball Ground There Was A Pub Near There That Was Lethal. You Half Expected To See Han Solo And Obi Wan Kenobe Discussing Things In The Corner.

Also, Any Pub Along Scotland Road In Liverpool During The Late 80s.

And Mention In Dispatches To That West Ham Pub With The Basement In Green Street(?) Right By The Market. Nasty Nasty Nasty Pub.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
And Mention In Dispatches To That West Ham Pub With The Basement In Green Street(?) Right By The Market. Nasty Nasty Nasty Pub.[/QUOTE]

the LIVE AND LET DIE? loverly boozer but the white hart,now that was an IRA boozer and i know a ex squaddie who gave a bit for the "cause" rather than fight his way out

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
the LIVE AND LET DIE? loverly boozer but the white hart,now that was an IRA boozer and i know a ex squaddie who gave a bit for the "cause" rather than fight his way out

A Couple Of Pubs In Hammersmith Were Like That. I Had A Spot Of Bother Once When I Misheard A Rather Fit Glaswegian Barmaid. I Thought She Called Me "Honey".

She Actually Called Me "A Hun".

Easy Mistake To Make When You're Not Up On Your Scottish Bigotry.

1066gull

not a pub but the planet club is pretty rough but i love it nevertheless because there are so many dirty bitches :p

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
All the pubs in places like Balham and Clapham are f***ing dog. Full of lah dee dah cous cous neo liberal champagne swilling bastardites with their "oh I've just been on this training course" bollocks and "I only really drink chablis" metropolitan mentality I f***ing hate them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All the pubs in places like Balham and Clapham are f***ing dog. Full of lah dee dah cous cous neo liberal champagne swilling bastardites with their "oh I've just been on this training course" bollocks and "I only really drink chablis" metropolitan mentality I f***ing hate them.

I was on this training course.....

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
His company was called East West Taverns but he then went into partnership with his accountant and formed a company called Compass Inns.

I know a couple of places run by them, in Hurstpierpoint and Ditchling I believe.

As for the roughest pub I've been in, a place called the Horse & Dray in Exeter took some beating. A proper local pub for local people, as well as a bastion of fascism. It was a quick pint.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hikers Rest In Coldean/moulscombe

I concur> Went in there as a 17 year old with a mate in between a boring lecture at Sussex Uni. Having ordered we realised what a f***ing mistake it was and drank up quick.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
The Hikers Is An Albion Pub Through And Through Though.

Think How Ace It Is Going To Be When Some Mouthy Northern **** Thinks It Clever To Mouth Off About "Queers in Brighton" On A Matchday.

Marvellous Scenes.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No, I do remember a lovely place near he station at Burnley. I hadn't seen a warm bottle of cash and carry cola come out form beneath the bar (when asking for a pint of Coke) for years.

There are some crackers in Gillingham too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here