Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
ANyone who does not know the words of GOSBTS should not be let throught the turnstiles

Simples :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is hardly an original idea.

I interviewed Mr Cook about eight years ago and even then he said the plan was to use 'Right here, right now' as the walk-out music.

He also said he planned to hold a concert JUST for seagulls fans once it opened.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I like RHRN, probably my favourite Fatboy Slim song, but unfortunately as has been said it has already been used by plenty of big clubs. I'm in favour of it being played before GOSBTS, but I can't think of anything worthy of replacing it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's GOSBTS when the players walk out, it has to be. No choice. Play whatever you like prior to that but that is the song at the Albion and I see no reason to change. Charlton see play that f***ing awful red ropin song, not because anyone likes it but because it is their song. For fucks sakes what is wrong with people, I can't even believe this is seriously being discussed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
it's gosbts when the players walk out, it has to be. No choice. Play whatever you like prior to that but that is the song at the albion and i see no reason to change. Charlton see play that f***ing awful red ropin song, not because anyone likes it but because it is their song. For fucks sakes what is wrong with people, i can't even believe this is seriously being discussed.

standard.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As someone who has been to every single Albion game for several years now, I think he deserves more respect than that, personally. I'm fairly sure he's in a good position to decide what makes a good matchday experience.

What does it mean to him what the team comes out to? It's about what the fans want.

You've made the point yourself, he's a non-fan. He also attends the Albion matches with a professional hat on rather than a personal or fans hat, so his 'matchday experience' is watching and analysing what goes on on the pitch rather than actually experiencing the agony and ecstasy (alright, agony) of watching the Albion.

As for the 'it's hardly inspiring for the teams to come out to' that others have said, I disagree. Many - no, most - fans are inspired by hearing their own tune (as someone said, think of what GOSBTS will sound like on the Falmer PA - blimey...), and if the players actually NEED inspiration on the back of the tune they're running out to, I'd suggest they piss off back down the tunnel and read the Beano back in the changing room. You'd like to think they've come out of the changing room motivated already...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's GOSBTS when the players walk out, it has to be. No choice. Play whatever you like prior to that but that is the song at the Albion and I see no reason to change. Charlton see play that f***ing awful red ropin song, not because anyone likes it but because it is their song. For fucks sakes what is wrong with people, I can't even believe this is seriously being discussed.

I don't think the idea of replacing the club anthem is being seriously discussed. Not many people want to get rid of it, although some are advocating moving it, or revamping the version. So it has started a discussion on the much needed freshening up of the pre match music.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Put it this way, Man United run out “this is the one” by the Stone Roses as its a song by a Manchester band who support united. If they can hold on to some local ties with all the global brand rubbish that surrounds them im pretty sure we can/should.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
the other thing to consider is that if Crawley and eventually Eastbourne Borough move into the Football League, then it'll just as much be their anthem as it is ours.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm GOSBTS is very quaint, but do we want to continue to be a quaint club? It fitted perfectly with the run down hovel that was the Goldstone. The music is an anachronism, it really has no place in the 21st century. I'd be embarrassed to hear it played if we ever made the Champion' league. It sounds like a very old Northern Brighouse and Rastrick (sp?) track.

Time to move on imo and drag the music we run out to into the 21st century and more in keeping with a state of the art stadium. Keeping it because it's traditional has it's merits but if we are gonna change it, next year is the time.

Should I duck at this stage?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
the other thing to consider is that if Crawley and eventually Eastbourne Borough move into the Football League, then it'll just as much be their anthem as it is ours.

No it wont, because it wont evoke memories of previous times/games where its been sung by their faithful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RHRN 10 minutes before kick off , then a short period of silence before GOSBTS is played as the players stroll on to the pitch

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It may not sound great at Withdean but blast out the Falmer PA with 22,000 people singing it there will be no comparison.

What makes you think 22,000 are going to sing it at Falmer? In all the years I've been following the Albion I dont recall ever hearing anybody singing the proper words to it when it's played.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure Norm can twiddle some knobs and beef up the sound of the original.

Disclaimer: I do NOT mean he should change the original at all, just beef it up.

Here's an idea, let's take this opportunity to really improve the way we do things. We could change the blue and white stripes for a start as we've had those for ages. Perhaps we could get local designers or art students to come up with a new design each week? And while we are at it the name is so dated now. Perhaps we could be something a bit more modern and snappy? Southern City Sharks or something? And we really need to drop the nickname Seagulls. I mean how naff is that?

I think the move to the Amex is a fantastic opportunity and we really need to embrace change. Getting rid of GOSBTS could be just the start. Have we decided on what music we are going to play when we score yet?

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Here's an idea, let's take this opportunity to really improve the way we do things. We could change the blue and white stripes for a start as we've had those for ages. Perhaps we could get local designers or art students to come up with a new design each week? And while we are at it the name is so dated now. Perhaps we could be something a bit more modern and snappy? Southern City Sharks or something? And we really need to drop the nickname Seagulls. I mean how naff is that?

I think the move to the Amex is a fantastic opportunity and we really need to embrace change. Getting rid of GOSBTS could be just the start. Have we decided on what music we are going to play when we score yet?

:laugh:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
very much in the "it must stay camp".

there is of course a place for bringing things up to date, but why should this mean ditching something that means so much?

"abide with me" is also quaint, and that's why it is so special. links like this to the past are important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here