• Right Here, Right Now!

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Good idea to freshen things up, certainly. Personally I think I'd prefer Right here, Right now as the team sheet is read out, then GOSBTS for when the teams run onto the pitch five mins later.

Could agree more. Nothing wrong with stirring things up with other music prior to KO but as the team come out there’s only one song that should ever be played, GOSBTS. It may not sound great at Withdean but blast out the Falmer PA with 22,000 people singing it there will be no comparison.

Plus remember, Naylor isn’t an Albion fan or from Brighton, so how can he really pass judgement? He doesn’t have the connection to it from the Goldstone days and singing it on the road watching the Albion. Think the 2-2 at Anfield in 91, MAGIC.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Could agree more. Nothing wrong with stirring things up with other music prior to KO but as the team come out there’s only one song that should ever be played, GOSBTS. It may not sound great at Withdean but blast out the Falmer PA with 22,000 people singing it there will be no comparison.

Plus remember, Naylor isn’t an Albion fan or from Brighton, so how can he really pass judgement? He doesn’t have the connection to it from the Goldstone days and singing it on the road watching the Albion. Think the 2-2 at Anfield in 91, MAGIC.
The fact that Naylor isn't a fan is a good thing in some ways - he is able to see things objectively at a time when the club is looking to convert non-fans into fans.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
OK, so if the club don't use RHRN as a warm up for the big event (GOSBTS)...on the basis that every other tin-pot club in the country seems to use it...what would people suggest?
I think 'Say goobye now to pastime' from the Marriage of Figaro would be BRILLIANT. Very stirring. Failing that anything by S-Club Seven who are as about as up-to-date as Fatboy Slim.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't give a shit what they play beforehand, as long as they play GOSBTS when the players run (walk) out the tunnel. If the kids don't know the words then the parents should teach them to them. Since when did anyone sing the words to the music of GOSBTS when the team ran out anyway?

Playing 'Right here, right now' when the team runs out would be rubbish. It will sound even more rubbish in 20 years time. We might as well start playing music when we score if we're going to do that. The kids like it, you see.

This.

I'm certain Naylor has done this before - suggesting something other than Sussex By The Sea for the teams to run out to.

Changing it JUST BECAUSE we're moving to our new stadium is nothing like a good enough reason. Not EVERYTHING has to change at Falmer, ya know.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It may not sound great at Withdean but blast out the Falmer PA with 22,000 people singing it there will be no comparison.

Exactly this.

Plus GOSBTS sets us apart from any other no mark outfit in the country. Fair enough build up the atmosphere with the likes of Fatboy Slim and whatever but nothing will ever come close to the spine tingling sounds of GOSBTS as the players run out. EVER.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This.

I'm certain Naylor has done this before - suggesting something other than Sussex By The Sea for the teams to run out to.

Changing it JUST BECAUSE we're moving to our new stadium is nothing like a good enough reason. Not EVERYTHING has to change at Falmer, ya know.

I think changing it because it's old fashioned pap might be a good reason, though!!

:thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have to admit, having been going to the Albion for over 30 years, I do think that with a new stadium, a new era should start. GOSBTS, whilst being a spritual song of the Albion, is hardly uplifting and the Ska version is crap.

It also probably doesn't really inspire the players when they walk out onto the pitch.

I know I'll be in a minority on this one, but it's time to move on from the past and start afresh when we walk out onto the pitch in our brand new start of the art stadium. Right here, Right Now would be ideal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree to a point. But there are times when non-fans oughtn't be allowed have a say - and I feel this is one of them.
As someone who has been to every single Albion game for several years now, I think he deserves more respect than that, personally. I'm fairly sure he's in a good position to decide what makes a good matchday experience.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have to admit, having been going to the Albion for over 30 years, I do think that with a new stadium, a new era should start. GOSBTS, whilst being a spritual song of the Albion, is hardly uplifting and the Ska version is crap.

It also probably doesn't really inspire the players when they walk out onto the pitch.

I know I'll be in a minority on this one, but it's time to move on from the past and start afresh when we walk out onto the pitch in our brand new start of the art stadium. Right here, Right Now would be ideal

Quite agree, well put.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I just think that we only have a 15 minute window and we need to utilise it in the best possible way, carry on...........

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

You've posted exactly what I was thinking.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We have to stick with GOSBTS, but we do need a cleaner more updated version - not saying it has to have a drum and bass tag to it, but needs to be a bit louder and more uplifting. However, at Falmer this will help with a new PA system and better acoustics.

I also think that RHRN is used too often by other clubs, and doesn't make it Brighton’s. Def think the track should be played as it does pump up the fans. But so would GOSBTS if we all sang it. The kids will learn it. When i was i kid i didn't know the words, but still loved it. Print the words week in the programme, wouldn't take much space.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
.....and let's get rid of this dj-esque approach and get the Haywards Heath Town Band to play GOSBTS as the Albion RUN or if that's been banned STRIDE out,and play other stirring music to,er,stir up the atmosphere.

Enough of this "popular" music is heard elsewhere.

Bring on the Band !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the club do decide to go fo GOSBTS then please let it be the 'original' and not that pub band cover version they currently play at the end of a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here