Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Carpenter "has had his day" as an Albion player

Has Richard Carpenter "had his day" as an Albion player?

• Yes, it's fair

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No, it's unfair

Votes: 72 50.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Hark said:
Unless of course you wind him up and keep this peurile thread going for about a week ;)
Be my guest and bounce it as often as you like, I'm rather pleased with the outcome of the poll :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Be my guest and bounce it as often as you like, I'm rather pleased with the outcome of the poll :)

Me to so far, oh hang on you mean your poll, the one that isn't reflective of what the so called 'Chippy slaggers' meant.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What this poll shows is that Chippy hasn't been at his best in the last 6 months or so.

That is clearly true. I'm sure Chippy knows that too.

However IMO his career with Albion is certainly not over - he was miles better than Hammond on Saturday.

I seem to remember a similar Witch Hunt with Charlie Oatway at the beginning of last season - yet how much did we miss him after Xmas?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

I seem to remember a similar Witch Hunt with Charlie Oatway at the beginning of last season - yet how much did we miss him after Xmas?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This should be the end of this thread. Hopefully a wake-up call to those 'fans' who think constantly slating our own players is constructive.

Oct 25, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This should be the end of this thread. Hopefully a wake-up call to those 'fans' who think constantly slating our own players is constructive.

hmmm....not sure about that- i would LOVE carpenter to have a good season, i would LOVE him to prove me wrong, i would LOVE him to re-create his form of a few years ago

unfortunately i doubt this will happen, he has struggle to create any consistant form now for atleast a year, yet in this time has never, ever been dropped- that's my BEEF

does that count as "slating" then?

Oct 25, 2003
today has obviously been a very pro-carpenter day, as all of yesterday, since the poll was made, obviously, the "turienzo twins" were ahead in LI's own little poll

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
You surely don't mean that LI conducted his own poll with an irrelevant question to forge a false opinion on something that wasn't even being debated? How could you even entertain such a thought, Thomas?:ohmy:

i would never, ever suggest such a thing

oh yeah- i left my GLASSES in your car on saturday (i think)

tommy boy said:
today has obviously been a very pro-carpenter day, as all of yesterday, since the poll was made, obviously, the "turienzo twins" were ahead in LI's own little poll

Chin up lads, you can't win 'em all :drink:

I think if this poll had taken place before the season started, there would have been a majority against Chippy. But his form this season in a team playing generally quite well has shifted opinion a little in his favour. There is I think a growing feeling that his main weakness of lack of pace will be less exposed in League 1, and that his strengths of organisation, leadership and passing will come to the fore.

Take a look if you have Seagulls World at that exquisite long pass he made to Robinson in the lead up to our goal on Saturday. Quality stuff and credit must be given where it is due.

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Yeah you did. I noticed them today, when shall we get them back to you? I am out all day tomorrow. How urgently do you require them?

meh

not that fussed, i don't wear them that often anymore, i can easily live without them for a few days

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
he has only done it in flashes so far, which isn't enough from our captain and most experienced player,

this is the most important point

for our CAPTAIN, and one of the more experianced players in a young squad, he cannot afford to drift in and out of games...yes, he played the odd good ball, he also gave it away, and has done all season

he's a player that younger players...like HAMMOND, need to be looking up to and following. At present, and for the last year or so, this hasn't been happening

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Can you wait until Sunday when I can give them to you at the Crewe game?

If you aren't going, I will try and get down to the Court before, or maybe leave them in my porch or something.

not sure if i'm going to crewe yet, as am going to the cricket which could be a bit of a drain on the old finances

i shall decide later in the week though, as i said i'm not desperate

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Badger boy, you were doing so well too. LI wasn't talking about wanting to delete your posts because he didn't agree with them, simply saying that your argument about not being allowed to express an opinion is cobblers because it's not as if he could delete your posts even if he wanted to.

FWIW my view on Chippy is simple. Yes, his best football is behind him, of course it is, but no I don't believe that he is completely past it. He has played better this season than he did for the whole of last season, but he needs more help alongside him. IMO HAmmond is the weak link at the moment. The game is often passing him by leaving Chippy chasing shadows.

Very very true.

Kinky Gerbils said:
Originally posted by Fragmented Badger
The opinion is popular amongst what I read and who I speak to. There's no question about it, I have heard ten times more criticism of Carpenter this season than ANY other player.

Yes, I agree - and its wrong Hammond is the weakest link in the midfield.

A man after my own heart Kinky. People must see that Hammond is doing nothing for the team at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here