Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Carpenter "has had his day" as an Albion player

Has Richard Carpenter "had his day" as an Albion player?

• Yes, it's fair

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No, it's unfair

Votes: 72 50.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Les Biehn said:
I wasn't at Forest but it sounds like he played ok. However it appears LI has taken this point (generally agreed by most people on here) and then used it to back up his own personal assessment that Chippy has played well in the last year. Not sure how that works.

How it works is this. Nottingham Forest away was always going to be our hardest game of the season. If Chippy did well in that game, which he did, then it's a reasonable deduction that he still has plenty to offer the first-team squad this season and is not finished or past it.

This poll actually makes no reference to what happened last season. We've had 4 games now of THIS SEASON and that should be enough for people to make up their minds whether Chippy can contribute in League 1 or whether he should be chucked out of the team never to return, which is what the Turienzo twins want.

Last edited:

Fragmented Badger said:
I think you will find the choice of question was ridiculed from the very start of this thread. If there were any "sour grapes" why would they have taken this long to emerge?

Oh, I think your unhappiness about having your presumptious claim tested, that your views on Carpenter were the "popular" ones, was evident from the outset.

Fragmented Badger said:
Answer me one question: why could everyone on the thread last night see you had twisted the words from what we were talking about to suit your poll?
Who's "everyone"? Is this yet another presumptious claim on your part? The poll question is very clear, does Chippy have a future in the team? You think he doesn't, a fair amount of people agree with you, but I don't think the majority, ergo, your view is not the "popular" one on this - accept that and be happy :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I agree with LI on this. Chippy does have a future in the team. I just hope tho that if he does get injured like last season MM has the balls to drop him, or indeed if he loses form.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
How it works is this. Nottingham Forest away was always going to be our hardest game of the season. If Chippy did well in that game, which he did, then it's a reasonable deduction that he still has plenty to offer the first-team squad this season and is not finished or past it.

This poll actually makes no reference to what happened last season. We've had 4 games now of THIS SEASON and that should be enough for people to make up their minds whether Chippy can contribute in League 1 or whether he should be chucked out of the team never to return, which is what the Turienzo twins want.

The 'Turienzo Twins' is one of your poorer jokes LI please don't persist with it.

I never mentioned the poll, I was talking generally about your assessment of Chippy. That my comment had anything to do with the poll was totally your assumption.

So if a Lge 1 player plays well in a cup game against Man Utd is it a fair assessment that he has plenty to offer the Premiership or the Champions Lge? The analogy is clear with what you say but do you hold that point is a valid as yours. Because I certainly don't think one good game is suggestive of a player having plenty to offer.

An now all of a sudden you want to concentrate the criteria of the argument on this season. I'm sorry LI you don't set the parameters of the argument, that Chippy's form was so poor last year does indeed have bearing on whether he still has something to offer if that porr form has continued (which it seems apart from the Forest game is the general consenus).

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Really, you are entitled to keep up your non-stop slagging of Carpenter, it's a free country. But be careful to describe your opinion as the "popular" one.
So how can you point the finger here when you often make assumptions that Albion fans share your point of view with no proof what so ever?

Les Biehn said:
if that porr form has continued (which it seems apart from the Forest game is the general consenus).

Another uttely presumptious claim. It seems the shrill anti-Chippy gang on here can't aim a criticism at our veteran midfielder without also arrogantly claiming some spurious "popularity" or consensus for what I think are pretty ungenerous views. This was precisly the reason for starting this poll, to test whether a small, very vociferous amount of posters do represent the majority.

For the last time, if a small number of you post a lot of slag-offs of Carpenter, the amount of posts you place on NSC does not make that view the "popular" one :lolol: Please rid yourself of that naive delusion.

If there was a consensus on here that Carpenter has shown generally poor form on our return to League 1, then most would have voted on here that he had "had his day" as an Albion player.

Wake up Chippy slaggers - it didn't happen!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dont worry Les

MM will say that Chippy is not what he wants any more and Steve will change his mind again and go along with MM

Its like the poreverbial sun coming up and going down.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

FWIW my view on Chippy is simple. Yes, his best football is behind him, of course it is, but no I don't believe that he is completely past it. He has played better this season than he did for the whole of last season, but he needs more help alongside him. IMO HAmmond is the weak link at the moment. The game is often passing him by leaving Chippy chasing shadows.

Amen to that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Another uttely presumptious claim. It seems the shrill anti-Chippy gang on here can't aim a criticism at our veteran midfielder without also arrogantly claiming some spurious "popularity" or consensus for what I think are pretty ungenerous views. This was precisly the reason for starting this poll, to test whether a small, very vociferous amount of posters do represent the majority.

For the last time, if a small number of you post a lot of slag-offs of Carpenter, the amount of posts you place on NSC does not make that view the "popular" one :lolol: Please rid yourself of that naive delusion.

If there was a consensus on here that Carpenter has shown generally poor form on our return to League 1, then most would have voted on here that he had "had his day" as an Albion player.

Oh god, the smilie tourettes is back.

I am basing my assessment on what I have read, that the majority of people on here have not been impressed by his form in the last year. I'm not saying it is true of all fans but from what I have seen on here.

Who is making assumptions? You seem to be assuming you know how I arrive at my opinions, which is very presumptious of you Steven. Just coz a carefully worded poll that has been put into a context that was not intended for the phrase that is was based on shows certain results doesn't hold much sway with me.

While I think your overall assessments of the Albion games are good you often fall down on the details that you comment on as if you are an expert, especially tactics.

Chippy has been off the pace for a year and early season results do matter for a team like us. Most recently you suggested MM should continue with hitting high balls to Revell, a tactic which had clearly had its day 20mins into the Gillingham game when their defenders worked it out. One got close to Hart and the other just cleared giving him no chance of getting the knock down.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Les

From the games I have seen in the last few years Chippy has been struggling with fitness, quite a few serious injuries. He is injury prone now ( as at his age this will happen) and also he has really been at his best when we have had players around him who give him space. I think it has been unfortunate becuase he is undoubtedly one of the best passers of the ball we have had at the club for a few years.

Age comes to us all.

hang on I will see if I can find a smilie to reflect this.....:shit:

LOL

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
presumptious, shrill, arrogantly, spurious, pretty ungenerous, vociferous,

slag-offs, naive delusion.

Why can't you stop peppering your posts with suggestive words. And before you have a go at others for the same you are easily the worst at this. You prefer to put ideas in peoples head with the language you use rather than rely on the weight of your argument..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dies Irae said:
Les

From the games I have seen in the last few years Chippy has been struggling with fitness, quite a few serious injuries. He is injury prone now ( as at his age this will happen) and also he has really been at his best when we have had players around him who give him space. I think it has been unfortunate becuase he is undoubtedly one of the best passers of the ball we have had at the club for a few years.

Age comes to us all.

hang on I will see if I can find a smilie to reflect this.....:shit:

LOL

I actually agree with most of what you say. I think the main problem for Chippy is age and injury have caught up with him. Which means he has the odd good game but in general he is off the pacedue to these problems. I actually blame MM for picking him. He should be a squad player because he has quality but as a constant fixture in the first team his time has passed.

Les Biehn said:
Why can't you stop peppering your posts with suggestive words.
Ooooh matron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here