Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Charles to Marry

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorkie said:
No Charles opts to pay tax even though he doesn't have to.
I fancy a bit of that. I might ask the government to pass the law that says "Simster doesn't have to pay any tax - unless he wants to".

Then if I'm feeling a bit flush, I might make a contribution to society. If jug ears decides not to pay tax, then he won't pay tax. End of. He's only just started paying tax voluntarily anyway (about 6 years ago I think). However somewhere along the line, one of his advisers has advised him that the tax might sound a lot but will keep the public off his scrounging, overpaid back for a while yet. To be fair, if I was worth several billion with people bowing, scraping, referring to me as sir, and paying attention to my baseless and uneducated opinions on subjects that interest me (like architecture) purely because of my birthright, then I too would probably think it was a price worth paying.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:
I fancy a bit of that. I might ask the government to pass the law that says "Simster doesn't have to pay any tax - unless he wants to".

Then if I'm feeling a bit flush, I might make a contribution to society. If jug ears decides not to pay tax, then he won't pay tax. End of. He's only just started paying tax voluntarily anyway (about 6 years ago I think). However somewhere along the line, one of his advisers has advised him that the tax might sound a lot but will keep the public off his scrounging, overpaid back for a while yet. To be fair, if I was worth several billion with people bowing, scraping, referring to me as sir, and paying attention to my baseless and uneducated opinions on subjects that interest me (like architecture) purely because of my birthright, then I too would probably think it was a price worth paying.

He has been paying tax for a lot longer than that.

He cannot help which family he was born into.

If your parents die and leave you their house do you get a poor person who has lived in a council house all their lives having a go at you because you have been left something?
When you die your kids will get even more (unless you blow it all) so wealth accumulates.
He is fortunate that his family have been accumulating for centuries rather than decades.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope they'll be very happy.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Didn't really give a shit, don't really like the royal family anyway. nuf said on my part

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best of luck to them

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Yorkie,

As far as I know, C P-B is an Anglican like Charlie. If she was a Catholic, he would be prevented from marrying her by law (and how pathetic is that?).

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
S**t at first I tought he was going to change his name to Mary.
I thought it said Prince Charles to Mary. Who cares what he does ? Unless we get a day off for the wedding. Got himself a fine catch there. Good looker.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mtoto said:
Yorkie,

As far as I know, C P-B is an Anglican like Charlie. If she was a Catholic, he would be prevented from marrying her by law (and how pathetic is that?).

My wife was a Catholic (now C of E) and I was C of E - we weren't arrested when married.

Presumably this is a toffs issue ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit, as regards them getting married I feel much the same as I would watching any other two dysfunctional people tying the knot, ie a certain degree of ghoulish fascination wondering if and when the whole edifice will crumble. But to be fair, they have been shagging a while (urrgh) despite marriages either side, so it could be for the best.

It will not be long before the Diana posse beging to seriously get on my wick with their ridiculous 'This woman wronged our People's Princess' line of attack. Oh, please - the little angel. And we don't want to give Burrell any more excuses for TV opportunities commenting on this, because then someone will have to selflessly go to prison for shooting him.

Charlie boy is an amiable loon, and does actually do a lot of good in this country. Unfortunately he is the complete antithesis of a soundbite maestro - we seem to prefer bonehead Z-list celebs in this country, who say what Max Clifford tells them. Perhaps we get what we deserve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorkie said:
He has been paying tax for a lot longer than that.

He cannot help which family he was born into.

If your parents die and leave you their house do you get a poor person who has lived in a council house all their lives having a go at you because you have been left something?
When you die your kids will get even more (unless you blow it all) so wealth accumulates.
He is fortunate that his family have been accumulating for centuries rather than decades.
Interesting that you use that as an example. You see my parents will be liable to inheritence tax, unlike his. So that's a few billion we've been short-changed right there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Most of what they inherit isn't theirs but in trust for the next generation.
He couldn't sell any of it off for his own usage before he died which your parents could do instead of leaving it up to you.

Incidentally inheritance tax has only just started to hit the middle classes with the property prices soaring. The present Government hasn't seen fit to raise the limits.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorkie said:
Most of what they inherit isn't theirs but in trust for the next generation.
He couldn't sell any of it off for his own usage before he died which your parents could do instead of leaving it up to you.
Why would he need to? In case you haven't noticed, the British monarch is the wealthiest woman in the world, so it's not much of a hardship is it?

Yorkie said:
Incidentally inheritance tax has only just started to hit the middle classes with the property prices soaring. The present Government hasn't seen fit to raise the limits.
But at least it effects everyone equally (except the royals) and the govt of the day stand or fall on the back of its policies.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Yorkie said:
When you die your kids will get even more (unless you blow it all) so wealth accumulates.He is fortunate that his family have been accumulating for centuries rather than decades.

And it's unearned income they've been accumulating for centuries. Something that may explain the difference in attitude!

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
If his name was Charlie Brown, and hers Camilla Smith, he would be called a two timing cheat, and she would be called a tramp.
I served in the Paras from 1943 to 1947.
A Regiment of which I think the two timing cheat is the Commandant.
Vive Le {or La} Republique

Don't we get called "queens" by opposing fans enough to levy a tax on them and all live off the public pounds?

We can't help being born into our families, but can we help paying for the 'royal' one so they can walk on new red carpets and ponce about at our expense?

Ditch them, they are a bunch of wankers.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Fantastic news for them I hope they have a happy life together, and I am sure we all here at NSC wish them well whatever our opinions on the Royal family are, don't we?

P.S

I have not bothered to read this thread as I am sure that not all the messages on here are of good will, unfortunetly some people can not drop their small minded, misreable attitude's about the Royal family even to wish two people happiness.

You know who you are, come on cheer up you sad git's see it for what it is a bit of fun. Yep I am talking to you Simster, Redland etc etc and the rest of your looney left brigade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here