Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince Charles to Marry

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
OK, I'll just have to wait until I have kids before deciding to comment on anything whatsoever to do with them. I guess this means I have to wait until I'm 65 before being deemed qualified to talk about pensions, or maybe need to live in Africa and/or starve myself for a year or two before discussing about foreign aid. Teach me to get above my station eh? (Now piss off posho, I need to do some work)
*flounce*

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tooting Gull said:
The problem with the 'wait til you have kids' line is that even you're case is a good one it makes you sound instantly insufferably 'superior' talking about people who don't have kids. Which of course you aren't. And of course they are every bit as entitled to their view.

Everyone knows having kids is a life-changing experience. It's a bit like saying 'you won't understand the dangers of having a paedophile next door until you've got kids'. I think you might.
*pops head in, flounces off again*

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'Quality' flouncing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Point taken, by the way - I did sound a bit of a twat there. I should have explained that I too used to have preconceptions of private schools myself until my social circles completely changed to those of people with kids the similar age as my own. And of the people I know who are considering the private option, none of them strike me as posh twats and are all doing it for the educational benefit of their own kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here