Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Looney

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Islam is like cancer which needs eradicating early before it's to late.They set up there own communities because they DONT want to intergrate.That is a fact.I think that is a more serious threat Paul

The BNP is like a cancer which need eradicting early before it's to [sic] late. They DONT want to intergrate [sic, again]. That is a fact.

Sarcastic, maybe. True, yes. Yours? No, not at all. Do you work in anything other than clear cut black & white?

To paraphrase Keith Olbermann: ""A man who sees absolutes where all others see nuance and shades of meaning is either a quack or a prophet. algie is not a prophet"

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
However, if you do insist on getting more specific like that, does it rankle with you at all the Britain was helped enormously in the war by the efforts of a homosexual by the name of Alan Turing. How does it feel to think that, as you say, this hero was forced to take his own life after his efforts for this country, solely because of his sexuality?

This reminds me of a quote from Eric Allman:

"There is some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing that it's basically impossible to send a piece of hate mail through the Internet without its being touched by a gay program. That's kind of funny."

The mail programme used for transferring email on the internet was written by a gay, would algie, NMH, et al on here be willing to entirely forgo email due to that? Or would they refuse to use any website hosted on a BSD-based system, due one of the core programmers on that being gay (That would be about half the internet). Or indeed, not use a BSD-based system (No Apple Mac's made after 2001 for them, then)...

Every post on this thread now has a number, it's a nice new feature on this new board. So it should be quite easy for you to list the post numbers where anyone has used that phrase. Go for it, you can do numbers.

However, if you do insist on getting more specific like that, does it rankle with you at all the Britain was helped enormously in the war by the efforts of a homosexual by the name of Alan Turing. How does it feel to think that, as you say, this hero was forced to take his own life after his efforts for this country, solely because of his sexuality?

We fought WWII against a far-right wing enemy. Did we do that to defend the far-right in Britain?

No, we did it to protect freedom. Roughly how many times are we going to have to post this little contradiction before the light bulb pings on above any single one of your heads?

YOU do numbers - I'll refer you to post number 47.

Ooooofff you go, pack up yer troubles in the old kit bag! :wave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Actually, I've just remembered the networking in Windows comes from BSD.

So I'd suggest NMH disconnects RIGHT NOW and doesn't come back online until he acquires a Linux box, or else he's using code written by Matthew McKusick. Who's gay.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Oh I see! Sorry, what with algie alongside you I missed one. Tell you what, I'll go back and have a look at it, while I'm there, you can answer the other points in my post that you've already quoted once, so have either ignored or have realised you can't actually argue with...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
YOU do numbers - I'll refer you to post number 47.

Ooooofff you go, pack up yer troubles in the old kit bag! :wave:

Have a steak and mushroom pudding in the White Hart.Best pud i've tasted.Absolutely crammed with meat etc.Do it :thumbsup:

This reminds me of a quote from Eric Allman:

"There is some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing that it's basically impossible to send a piece of hate mail through the Internet without its being touched by a gay program. That's kind of funny."

The mail programme used for transferring email on the internet was written by a gay, would algie, NMH, et al on here be willing to entirely forgo email due to that? Or would they refuse to use any website hosted on a BSD-based system, due one of the core programmers on that being gay (That would be about half the internet). Or indeed, not use a BSD-based system (No Apple Mac's made after 2001 for them, then)...

You LOVE the drama doncha princess!

I don't SAY you can't or shouldn't be boffing behind closed doors if that's your sexual perversion.
I DO say gays should NOT be marrying, adopting, or doing sexual acts in public.
You just want to leap to your dramatic conclusions and put me in 'the far right' or whatever 'closet' suits YOU.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So I'd suggest NMH disconnects RIGHT NOW and doesn't come back online until he acquires a Linux box, or else he's using code written by Matthew McClintock. Who's gay.

Very, very true, but it's not quite on the same level saying that homosexuality goes against everything our homosexual war heroes died for. I'm trying to pre-empt the comeback for that one, but I just can't imagine what it will be.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, I've just remembered the networking in Windows comes from BSD.

So I'd suggest NMH disconnects RIGHT NOW and doesn't come back online until he acquires a Linux box, or else he's using code written by Matthew McClintock. Who's gay.

Aarrrggghhh. My PC is infected with gay fleas.

Quick, pass me a copy of Nuts and hose me down in Brut before I infect my children.

NMH - seriously, why all the hate?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You LOVE the drama doncha princess!

I don't SAY you can't or shouldn't be boffing behind closed doors if that's your sexual perversion.
I DO say gays should NOT be marrying, adopting, or doing sexual acts in public.
You just want to leap to your dramatic conclusions and put me in 'the far right' or whatever 'closet' suits YOU.

You also saying its unnatural (untrue) and appear to be quite enthusiastic in putting it down. You're also saying its a perversion (when its not), and are for unequal rights.

Which makes you a bigot. As I said, if it offends you so much, turn off your computer right now, as you're using gay-written software to access the internet. Trying to hide your bigotry by making minor concessions doesn't stop you being a bigot at the core.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Well then it gets PRETTY CONFUSING for ya then, when you find out that Muslim countries EXECUTE gays!!

You better get OVER THERE then, sort some of those HOMOPHOBIC MUSLIMS out!

Come on you boys, your forefathers fought so men could be gay, and to free the homos. You have to DO SOMETHING about this - fight to free homosexual men - go on, off you go.

Wow, I did MISS quite a POST. Thank YOU for EMPHASISING random words in YOUR sentences, it certainly PUTS me in my PLACE and makes you look both HARD and CLEVER. :thud:

Back to the point you were trying to make, yes - there are many far right laws in Muslim countries, and other non-muslim countries too for that matter. Should we declare war on them? No, we shouldn't, but all diplomatic efforts should be made to ensure human rights across the globe.

Would we fight against them if they either declared war on us, or set about an organised genocidal campaign in the same way the Nazis did against the Jews? Most certainly yes, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

You've still (as I type) ignored the point that these "forefathers" of yours included homosexuals. They included one particular hero (without whom we may never have cracked the Enigma) who was forced to take his own life solely because of his sexuality.

As you say, you yourself haven't argued that it should be illegal - but there are others here who do, and I'd like to see them answer this point even more than yourself NMH...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You also saying its unnatural (untrue) and appear to be quite enthusiastic in putting it down. You're also saying its a perversion (when its not), and are for unequal rights.

Which makes you a bigot. As I said, if it offends you so much, turn off your computer right now, as you're using gay-written software to access the internet. Trying to hide your bigotry by making minor concessions doesn't stop you being a bigot at the core.

Everyone is a bigot to you if they don't share your views.I suppose we should hug hoodies like Mr.Cameron says?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Everyone is a bigot to you if they don't share your views.I suppose we should hug hoodies like Mr.Cameron says?

No, you're a bigot when you spread hate against others, which you do. That doesn't mean everyone is a bigot but it does mean you, all your little BNP friends, and NMH are.

Every post on this thread now has a number, it's a nice new feature on this new board. So it should be quite easy for you to list the post numbers where anyone has used that phrase. Go for it, you can do numbers.

We fought WWII against a far-right wing enemy. Did we do that to defend the far-right in Britain?

No, we did it to protect freedom. Roughly how many times are we going to have to post this little contradiction before the light bulb pings on above any single one of your heads?

So, you say your Alan Turing fought the war effort, but couldn't stand up and defend his own sexuality?

It doesn't 'rankle' with me at all that homos build stuff, design stuff, or play a part in society - or fight in wars. However, you have decided that's the pigeonholing that suits your stance, so as usual you will take this path as a course of argument.

I'm not going to try and help you work out your next one, so fold the arms and pout until you can think up a different line.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So, you say your Alan Turing fought the war effort, but couldn't stand up and defend his own sexuality?

He was given a choice of taking drugs which lead him in to serious depression, which caused him to commit suicide; or prison.

Despite saving the UK many years of war, if not saving the UK, end of. His death was one of the main reasons politicians began to campaign to legalise homosexuality, leading to the 1967 act, which accepted there was NOTHING WRONG with it.

However, the last 40 years appear not to have clicked with you yet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No, you're a bigot when you spread hate against others, which you do. That doesn't mean everyone is a bigot but it does mean you, all your little BNP friends, and NMH are.

I don't spread hate my friend i openly disscuss my views.Some people like them some don't.Thats life.Personally the word bigot seems to me a new word you have learn't.If you think i'm one,then that makes me proud :thumbsup:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm not going to try and help you work out your next one, so fold the arms and pout until you can think up a different line.

A different one? No, we'll just stick with the ones that haven't been countered yet, either by yourself or the further right-wing algie. A most general "line" actually. Quite a simple question.

How can British soldiers dying in a war against a far-right enemy be used as an argument to support far-right wing views? Isn't that a little hypocritical?

They're actually the questions that kicked these last few pages off, so perhaps it's right that we go back to them.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I don't spread hate my friend i openly disscuss my views.Some poeple like them some don't.Thats life.Personally the word bigot seems to me a new word you have learn't.If you think i'm one,then that makes me proud :thumbsup:

Erm, virtually every post from you on this thread has been spreading hate. And if you're proud to be a bigot, well :tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Hope you get the justice that should have gone to Nick Griffin and cohorts eventually.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

No. not at all. I don't share many of DTES's political views and I suspect that many of mine would fall under his stupid Tory banner.

It's about tolerance. You don't have to understand, you don't have to like it, it's just accepting that it's different strokes for different folks. Quite why it gets your knickers in such a twist about it is beyond me.

Gays do not openly kiss in this country (even in this town) any more than heteros do unless you wander past Revenge on a weekend night perhaps. They do not force their lifestyle onto you, they don't want to rape your children nor do they want to force you all to eat Quiche and listen to the Scissor Sisters.

..and you want to know why? Because they're the same as everybody else. Not better, not worse. Not cleverer, not thicker. You might as well persecute us left-handed people for all the good it does.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No. not at all. I don't share many of DTES's political views and I suspect that many of mine would fall under his stupid Tory banner.

It's about tolerance. You don't have to understand, you don't have to like it, it's just accepting that it's different strokes for different folks. Quite why it gets your knickers in such a twist about it is beyond me.

Gays do not openly kiss in this country (even in this town) any more than heteros do unless you wander past Revenge on a weekend night perhaps. They do not force their lifestyle onto you, they don't want to rape your children nor do they want to force you all to eat Quiche and listen to the Scissor Sisters.

..and you want to know why? Because they're the same as everybody else. Not better, not worse. Not cleverer, not thicker. You might as well persecute us left-handed people for all the good it does.

:bowdown::bowdown:

I've forced over 200 people to listen to Scissors Sister once mind. I was DJing at the time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here