Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone else praying his son reads this, tells his dad, and Poyet walks knowing he has lost the support of us fans?

I trust our football manager is made of sterner stuff than this. All teams go through poor form at times.

simballs

Jun 11, 2012
Southwick
I'm IN.

Don't think our formation works for us anymore and a 4-4-2 might help us create more chances. I know it's Gus who picks it but I'm happy o give him the Jan window to see who we sign. I'm not expecting a big name though.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Oh jeez this is going to be a long night.

Which opportunity should he have scored tonight?

How many chances did the team create tonight?

Which pass would Van Persie have latched onto that CMS didn't?

It's not the goal scorer (or lack of) it's the fact we were completely bereft of team created chances until Hoskins in the 85 minute.

Are you that f***ing thick mate?

Why do you think other championship sides are looking to buy players that score goals, why do you think the likes of reading signed Roberts last year?
A top quality striker will give you movement to create chances, look at what Watford did tonight with their 3rd goal the movement that created space from their front TWO. We've created plenty of chances through this season to put teams to bed if we had someone to do the job.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Why do you think other championship sides are looking to buy players that score goals, why do you think the likes of reading signed Roberts last year?
A top quality striker will give you movement to create chances, look at what Watford did tonight with their 3rd goal the movement that created space from their front TWO. We've created plenty of chances through this season to put teams to bed if we had someone to do the job.

So you honestly think that it is CMS's fault we lost tonight? And you ask him if he's f***ing thick...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Still IN, but he needs to show he can sign one or two great players in the window and show that he can learn from his mistakes. He's human and is going to make them (though i think some here think otherwise, the neanderthals) but as long as he learns from them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Agree!!! Totally Agree!!

Gus said after the game "We didnt score when we were on top and then we lost too much possesion. It became too open and I don't like that

I think that would suit us especially at home. We have two flying wingers and players with craft and flair....let them off the lead!!!

Gus gone within 12 months due to loyalty from TB, should be gone in 6 months.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
On fence but no change for this year (unless we get into a relegation battle which i beleive is highly unlikely) and call it at end of season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That is true, but tonight's game is a fairer reflection on how we play.
Tonight we created NOTHING, so it doesn't matter who's playing up if his team creates NOTHING he won't score, no matter how good he is, and how much he cost.

Jason Roberts wouldn't have scored tonight, because there's no Le Fondre, Hunt, Church, and a splattering of 4,5 & 6 goal scorers weighing in as well, giving the opposition defence other players to think about.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
IN

This is an odd division, where quite literally anything can happen (look at Palace over the last two seasons).

We don't have a divine right to be in the play off places. If people want to blather on about his signings and loans, he has had some good deals but yes he has made some big mistakes (like a lot of managers have done).

Oh and someone mentioned the loanees at Watford. I'd just like to point out that if the owner of a club happens to also own a Serie A and La Liga side then it makes loaning decent players a lot easier (Watford have TEN players on loan from Udinese which includes the chap who scored twice this evening)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Look, we were bad this evening, they were excellent as well, a team right at the top of their game. However, should we not make the playoffs this year it is nothing to do with today, it is totally about the points we've squandered as the better side.

In btw. Definately in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For ten months?

It's not been for ten months. When we won five games in a row and were top of the League, that wasn't poor form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here