• Out

Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It is not possible to debate with a closed mind. I asked a fair question in asking you under which of our former managers Slade/Wilkins/Adams/McGhee etc we played better football and you chose to ignore it.

Sorry, I did not even see that question. If I had, it would not really be a fair question would it? They all managed at Withdean, Poyet has had budgets they could only ever dream of. I would however say, that Peter Taylor Mk2, produced better football (to watch) that Poyet has, even on a Withdean budget.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Slipping Off the Fence

Have been on the fence for over a year now but I really do think it's time for him to go. He is clueless at this level and really doesn't seem to know what to do to turn it around. Even the sight of him and miserable twat Tarrico pisses me off now

This season has only been an extension of the last third of last season. Some consider we play a passing game, but only in our own half. We are slow, predictable, unimaginative and at times without strategy. The revelation during the summer that Gus has a new startegy , the long ball, showed us where we were with him. I do'nt want to kick someone when they are down, but what we are seeing is now a trend and the trajectory is down. Do'nt blame the players look to the manager, in this case he is calling the shots, go on Gus surprise one game play with two strikers and we might, just might score some goals

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry, I did not even see that question. If I had, it would not really be a fair question would it? They all managed at Withdean, Poyet has had budgets they could only ever dream of. I would however say, that Peter Taylor Mk2, produced better football (to watch) that Poyet has, even on a Withdean budget.

Fair enough, Peter Taylor Mark II had Bobby Zamora in his side, and we were in a division lower. However I recall plenty of functional performances under Taylor which did not get the heart racing.

The gap between the top of the Championship and League 1 is pretty big. Poyet has more money to spend, but so do the managers of the other clubs around us. Even Palace have a wage budget comparable (if not higher) than ours, and a more established academy setup.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Oh jeez this is going to be a long night.

Which opportunity should he have scored tonight?

How many chances did the team create tonight?

Which pass would Van Persie have latched onto that CMS didn't?

It's not the goal scorer (or lack of) it's the fact we were completely bereft of team created chances until Hoskins in the 85 minute.

Well said, CMS can score goals and will, if he gets the ball in a good position. I watch him every week making a run bye the back four looking fir a ball through the channel and it never comes. I really struggle with our strategy, the tactics are making our players under perform, wake up Gus your wasting your resource!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here