• Out

Votes: 97 25.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 19.4%

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In. Although I'm getting slightly concerned at our inability to adapt play during a match

This may be where the issue is.

The players can't do a lot to change a game up if they are only allowed to play to one style of play regardless of the score.

Even when we went behind we were still piss farting around with it down back on a few occasions.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Fence but we need more attacking players in January, no more excuse's Gus get it sorted.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
What does his support percentage need to drop down to before the majority get their way???

I'm quite surprised at just 41% backing him tbh!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
10th in the Championship, 6 pts away from the playoffs with a game in hand.

Be very careful what you wish for.

If the board want you in the prem, they will spend accordingly.

as an outsider, thought tonight was pretty dire but from what ive heard, you've played superb this season and come away with nothing.

Good luck

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
first home match I've missed this season, watching on tv from a different angle, we look clueless. Up against what must be said are a more than useful Watford side, we lacked any cohesion, nouse, and above all...confidence. My eyes were opened to how many times we got the ball in our half and because of the lack of movement ahead, played it across or back. OK if we're two up, but two behind ?? Maybe prospective moves out of the camp are making some players unsettled, but we were absolute toilet today.
On the subject of any prospective 'target man' , 'No.9', striker 'with prescence' is concerned, watching that to-day ( and , let's be honest, not just today,), would have me thinking again about joining.
Re the original question, we'll never know if another appointment 3 years ago would have us in a better position, but as we are there now, it might be time to think about a change. Gus has the look of a manager who has run out of ideas, limited as they are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus said after the game "We didnt score when we were on top and then we lost too much possesion. It became too open and I don't like that
I said before the match tonight:-
'sometimes to win games you have to be prepared to lose them'.

That statement tells me, Gus still isn't happy to lose a game by trying to win it.
Until he changes his default setting we won't lose because we have the ball, but we won't win because we are attacking enough.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Why?

How many goals would Rooney, Torres, Van Persie, Drogba, scored for us today?

Buying more players doesn't make you tacticly correct.

Errr Because we are not scoring goals????

Championship striker = spend big , or just get another barn door or vokes. Is that what you'd prefer??

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He needs money. A highly competitive league and need money to get out of it. Nowt wrong with Gus imo.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm on the fence. If Poyet aims big and gets a prolific striker next month, he ought to stay. If he's lost the plot and wastes time and money going after players we don't need, with tactics that aren't in our best interests, he should go.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Errr Because we are not scoring goals????

Championship striker = spend big , or just get another barn door or vokes. Is that what you'd prefer??

We're not scoring goals because we so rarely put the ball into dangerous areas, and because we don't set the team up well, rather than because the strikers are necessarily lacking, throwing money at it wont solve the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here