Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter OUT!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Love Potter just every now and again to say on tv how the referee is shocking and again the bias is obvious. Show some aggression and call it as it is. Instead is bland crap just like Hughton and the hierarchy within the club. We need to grow some balls and get narky angry and it just be the pretty nice team that accepts everything.
Whats the point he would just get fined, GP gets his tactics spot on almost weekly lack of investment this window was bollocks feel for him. Most managers get rewarded for a clubs highest ever finish in the PL. Graham got f all.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Lose to Burnley and he’s got to go. Nice performance or not. This is a results business.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
See from the post-match interview that passionless Potter says he'll "take the positives" from last night's game :yawn:

Getting as predictable and tiresome as Hughton's "We played well for a team at our levels."

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I love the football we're playing under Potter.
We're very entertaining to watch who are slowly evolving into something decent.

Just not quickly enough for many fans.

Hold the nerve!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lose to Burnley and he’s got to go. Nice performance or not. This is a results business.

And who would you bring in?

Oh and you're a ****ing moron.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Giving my opinion. Your ‘ard!

You say it's a results business, we're in 16th and we have just narrowly lost to the team in 2nd, so the manager should get sacked. That is ****ing moronic.

Are you like this in your personal / professional life as well? You just give up at the first sign of something not working? I'm assuming not.

I will never understand why football creates such ridiculous knee-jerk reactions in otherwise sensible people. It is bizarre.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

:lolol: You can see Bloom sacking him after 8 games and in all likelihood still outside the bottom 3? Not going to happen. It’s a results business but you also go off how well you’re playing, feeling in the dressing room etc. Fans always blame managers first and foremost. ralph hasenhüttl would have been sacked by a lot of you last season for their start to the season. That would have been a good move wouldn’t it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reserve the right to change my mind on this should Potter lose the dressing room but right now I would happily say POTTER IN, even if we go down.

There I said it

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You say it's a results business, we're in 16th and we have just narrowly lost to the team in 2nd, so the manager should get sacked. That is ****ing moronic.

Are you like this in your personal / professional life as well? You just give up at the first sign of something not working? I'm assuming not.

I will never understand why football creates such ridiculous knee-jerk reactions in otherwise sensible people. It is bizarre.

Why do you need to make it personal. Name calling/my personal professional life. What’s that about.

This isn’t knee jerk. 24% win rate is poor. That would cost us and we haven’t had our slump yet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why do you need to make it personal. Name calling/my personal professional life. What’s that about.

This isn’t knee jerk. 24% win rate is poor. That would cost us and we haven’t had our slump yet.

My point is that people seem to think that after a few bad results just changing the manager will solve everything. People can’t do that in their personal or professional lives, can they? So why is it different in football? If your boss just booted you after a few average days at work, what would you think?

We stayed up comfortably last year having completely changed the style of play of the team. We’re in 16th at the moment and have played pretty well in most games. What exactly are you expecting, as a Brighton fan? Judging by your username you aren’t a new Amex era fan, so you would think you’d be a bit more realistic.

Brighton have tracked Potter for years and years, there has been a clear plan, investment and strategy put in place to try and take us to the next level. Yet you think we should just give up with it and try something else after 7 games this season. Can you honestly not see how moronic a suggestion that is?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
How do you know this isn’t our slump?

We’re both making assumptions on things we don’t know. The difference is that I’m also basing mine on facts that we do know.

1 win every 2 months.
24% win rate.

If that changes we’ll be ok if not then in 8 months time I’ll return here and call you a moron and question your professional/personal life.

His win record is poor over the last 12 months. During the slump
Last season he needed lockdown to drag us out of it. Overall his record is poor and you get no bonus points for playing well.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
My point is that people seem to think that after a few bad results just changing the manager will solve everything. People can’t do that in their personal or professional lives, can they? So why is it different in football? If your boss just booted you after a few average days at work, what would you think?

We stayed up comfortably last year having completely changed the style of play of the team. We’re in 16th at the moment and have played pretty well in most games. What exactly are you expecting, as a Brighton fan? Judging by your username you aren’t a new Amex era fan, so you would think you’d be a bit more realistic.

Brighton have tracked Potter for years and years, there has been a clear plan, investment and strategy put in place to try and take us to the next level. Yet you think we should just give up with it and try something else after 7 games this season. Can you honestly not see how moronic a suggestion that is?

I work in a goal orientated business. If I fail to meet the expectations of my bosses I’m out.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I work in a goal orientated business. If I fail to meet the expectations of my bosses I’m out.

I run a goal orientated business. If people don’t hit the goals I set them I get rid of them.

Would your bosses kick you out if you hadn’t achieved your yearly goals in month one?

Which goals is it that you think Potter isn’t hitting? (Apart from the big white ones, obviously).

What do you think his targets were last year? Do you not think they were improve the playing style and keep us up? Perhaps it should have been European qualification? How about this year?

If you really think about it, you know what you are saying is ridiculous. Just have some patience, we’ve played 7 games of a 38 game season and we’re two places above the relegation zone.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Is that a short or long term goal oriented business ? TB has stated several times he has a long term vision for the club and that means he will not change tack after 7 games. Let off steam by all means but don’t seriously think this is up for debate anywhere that matters.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I run a goal orientated business. If people don’t hit the goals I set them I get rid of them.

Would your bosses kick you out if you hadn’t achieved your yearly goals in month one?

Which goals is it that you think Potter isn’t hitting? (Apart from the big white ones, obviously).

What do you think his targets were last year? Do you not think they were improve the playing style and keep us up? Perhaps it should have been European qualification? How about this year?

If you really think about it, you know what you are saying is ridiculous. Just have some patience, we’ve played 7 games of a 38 game season and we’re two places above the relegation zone.

On that theory no football manager would ever get fired any earlier than June.

Look, let’s just see if he increases his win rate because based on his tenure so far it’s not looking too rosey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here