Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is that the STH version?

clear_poncho.jpg

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I did notice about 5 minutes before half time 4 polystyrene cups were handed out to the stewards, I admit that I am assuming that they are full with hot drinks but they might have been cold.

A few of us commented about it at half time so it can’t just be me that is ignorant.

Yes we are allowed to drink bottled water.

When that runs out we get water in anything we can drink out of I.E polystyrene cups

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Two issues with this...

a) The away fans only have to sit in the rain ONCE...seems unfair to give them to some people for free and make others pay.

b) Not very environmentally friendly churning out that many plastic ponchos at a time when every supermarket seems to be stopping using plastic bags etc.

DO people not OWN coats these days? If you don't bring a waterproof then get wet.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Two issues with this...

a) The away fans only have to sit in the rain ONCE...seems unfair to give them to some people for free and make others pay.

b) Not very environmentally friendly churning out that many plastic ponchos at a time when every supermarket seems to be stopping using plastic bags etc.

DO people not OWN coats these days? If you don't bring a waterproof then get wet.

Exactly look at the forecast before you set off

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

How many Doncaster fans knew they would have no roof

And finally the Doncaster fans were our guests at our club> YES they were paying guests but never the less it is good hospitality something our club is known for

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Two issues with this...

Why ? How many more times, I understand the circumstances came around about because they had run out of AWAY ONES.

Not fair, not fair boo hoo hoo...:lolol:

hardly a churn...., in fact Brighton are ONLY doing what the supermarkets have been asked to do SELL THEM...( except if you're a Doncaster fan :D) and they only get sold when it's RAINING.

Coming from someone working in the newspaper industry as well ! I'd ban FREE newspapers.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
F*cking hell 5 pages on a few ponchos being handed out who gives a toss??

We have the worst away end in the league and we can't let a few supporters get given a few bits of plastic in the rain.

I hear they have better tea and more sesame seeds on their buns in the away end as well thats it I am writing to the club

Can't believe how irrate some of our support get over such b*llocks.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Really they shouldnt give ANYONE ponchos. People should bring coats or get wet.

No arguments about who is paying for them and who is getting them for free and no damage to the environment...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

No arguments about who is paying for them and who is getting them for free and no damage to the environment...

Exactly how environmentally damaging are 50 ponchos and if I was to turn down a free one what effect would that have on my carbon footprint.

I think we have a right to know.:lolol:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

That's the whole point though

MOST OF THE DONNY FANS THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE A ROOF

We know we won't have

Charity from our club whatever next should we disband the Albion in the community as well?

And have you got double glazing? Do you drive a car? Are you wasting electricity being holier than thou about saving the planet?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
OH MY GOD it's only water for christs sake so what you get a bit wet you go home and get dry big deal get over it

Your attitude f'kin sucks mate (a pre-requiste for being a steward at Withdean it seems).

Myself and my two teenage sons travelled all the way from Hastings by train. We were uncomfortably damp (despite being prepared for the predicted weather) but it didn't spoil a cracking game for us. What with a replacement bus service to Lewes - it was 7.20pm before we got back to our starting point. A long time to sit slowly drying out.

Your flippant view that people can simply go home and get dry seems to dismiss the fact this club attracts fans County wide, and makes a big thing about us using public transport. Not everyone is getting in a car and travelling 15mins or so in the warm before getting home and changing clothes. :censored:

I haven't read the whole of this thread, and don't intend too after reading your stupid comment. Sums up everything I hate about the stewards attitudes at Withdean.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Your attitude f'kin sucks mate (a pre-requiste for being a steward at Withdean it seems).

Myself and my two teenage sons travelled all the way from Hastings by train. We were uncomfortably damp (despite being prepared for the predicted weather) but it didn't spoil a cracking game for us. What with a replacement bus service to Lewes - it was 7.20pm before we got back to our starting point. A long time to sit slowly drying out.

Your flippant view that people can simply go home and get dry seems to dismiss the fact this club attracts fans County wide, and makes a big thing about us using public transport. Not everyone is getting in a car and travelling 15mins or so in the warm before getting home and changing clothes. :censored:

I haven't read the whole of this thread, and don't intend too after reading your stupid comment. Sums up everything I hate about the stewards attitudes at Withdean.

You should have bought a poncho.

(sorry couldn't resist :D)

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

I got just as wet and i have a long journey home too. YES i got in a whole 10 mins before you but I am not complaining it's just a bit of water.

Do i mind the club giving the away fans free ponchos NO it's called hospitality

And as for flippant not really as i am there ay 1PM getting wet until 5.30PM getting wet.

But it really dosen't bother me.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Don't talk BALONEY.

I think every fan in the LEAGUE knows how RUBBISH Withdean is. You telling me Brighton fans don't know the facilities at the clubs we are playing?

No they don't as a lot were aghast when they saw the stand.

And i am a fan and don't know what the facilities are like at half the other grounds

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No they don't as a lot were aghast when they saw the stand.

And i am a fan and don't know what the facilities are like at half the other grounds

I have ended up on un-covered terraces many times and got wet. However, I am old enough to wear a COAT, especially given the severe weather the South Coast has been victim of this month.

Even if a stand has a roof, surely you'd still dress accoringly to:

a) not get COLD.

and

b) Not get SOAKED on the way to and from the ground.

What a CUFFUFFLE over nothing. People got wet. Wear a proper coat next time.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I have ended up on un-covered terraces many times and got wet. However, I am old enough to wear a COAT, especially given the severe weather the South Coast has been victim of this month.

Even if a stand has a roof, surely you'd still dress accoringly to:

a) not get COLD.

and

b) Not get SOAKED on the way to and from the ground.

What a CUFFUFFLE over nothing. People got wet. Wear a proper coat next time.

And that was my whole point did i complain no it's just a bit of water you go home and get dry.

When i was in the army we could be out in that for days and just not complain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here