Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sorry that's ridiculous.

Did you expect whoever did that to count how many they gave out and then return to the South Stand and give the exact amount away ?

Queue up for the poncho concessions !

Are we in the playground ?

What what I understand they ran out of the non Brighton ones, and rather than trying to sell the Doncaster fans something with an Albion logo on it (imagine if you'd been given that job :laugh: ) - they handed a few out.

I can't believe people have a problem with a few plastic bags being handed out to away fans, I really really can't.

You totally misunderstood my point. ALL of those ponchos should have gone to our supporters not their fans. A ridiculous turn of events. You pay £400 and odd quid to watch (often) sub standard football in poor facilities and then see THEIR fans kept dry by our stewards???? Think about it. This actually happened. Before you say " they cost a pound" think about the whole thing again. Their fans turn up once a season and we give them ponchos and our season ticket holders pay money for them. It's RIDICULOUS.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was happy to give a pound to help our club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get this at all. If you are gormless enough to go to a home game in winter at a stadium without cover from the elements without rainwear you deserve to get wet.

As for giving them to Donnie fans, it's reasonable to assume that they may not have known they were going to be exposed to the elements. Not all fans are such spods as the investigate the state of a ground they are travelling to as visitors.There is no excuse for an Albion fan not knowing it is there?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The weather caught a lot of people out yesterday. Might have been rain forecast, but it was warm and dry immediately before the game so most would have left the waterproofs behind. Then the minute the game started, on it came. You'd swear blind the club had some kind of sprinkler system hidden in the nature reserve. Stopped on the stroke of half-time of course.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The weather caught a lot of people out yesterday. Might have been rain forecast, but it was warm and dry immediately before the game so most would have left the waterproofs behind. Then the minute the game started, on it came. You'd swear blind the club had some kind of sprinkler system hidden in the nature reserve. Stopped on the stroke of half-time of course.

All the forecasts I've seen over the last few days GUARANTEED rain yesterday

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
I don't get this at all. If you are gormless enough to go to a home game in winter at a stadium without cover from the elements without rainwear you deserve to get wet.

As for giving them to Donnie fans, it's reasonable to assume that they may not have known they were going to be exposed to the elements. Not all fans are such spods as the investigate the state of a ground they are travelling to as visitors.There is no excuse for an Albion fan not knowing it is there?

:clap::clap:

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham

Can't understand why anyone would want to sit in a bin bag anyway, I wore a coat as the forecast was rain, if it hadn't rained I would have taken it off. Our "stadium" is sh1t. If it rains you get wet, take a coat...

:thumbsup:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Oh you are so f***ing funny NOT :tosser:

Well I can see now why fans would get irate with stewards with responses of “oh it’s only a bit of water’ especially when they have been give hot drinks and are standing there in a big group doing nothing.

My view with the weather is that I knew it was going to be bad so I took a big jacket to wear and keep myself warm so have no complaints about the poncho’s, but I can now see why there can be such a negative view of stewards with unhelpful comments like that.
Incidentally do you call all fans wankers? Might explain why the attendances are low….

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Well I can see now why fans would get irate with stewards with responses of “oh it’s only a bit of water’ especially when they have been give hot drinks and are standing there in a big group doing nothing.

My view with the weather is that I knew it was going to be bad so I took a big jacket to wear and keep myself warm so have no complaints about the poncho’s, but I can now see why there can be such a negative view of stewards with unhelpful comments like that.
Incidentally do you call all fans wankers? Might explain why the attendances are low….

My views on here are my own personal views and do not reflect that of the club.

Neither do they affect my professionalism of doing my job and no-one would catch hypothermia being out in the WARM rain for 2 hours

NO we are not given hot drinks infact we are not allowed to drink hot drinks whilst customers are in the ground and as for doing nothing just proves your ignorance

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You totally misunderstood my point. ALL of those ponchos should have gone to our supporters not their fans. A ridiculous turn of events. You pay £400 and odd quid to watch (often) sub standard football in poor facilities and then see THEIR fans kept dry by our stewards???? Think about it. This actually happened. Before you say " they cost a pound" think about the whole thing again. Their fans turn up once a season and we give them ponchos and our season ticket holders pay money for them. It's RIDICULOUS.

I know it actually happened - I started the thread :D

I have obviously thought about it and I didn't misunderstand your point at all

I just think it's petty and something out of the playground.

"Their fans".. boo hoo, hoo.

I'll reiterate they ran out of "away ones" and out of courtesy decided to give the Albion ones away for free.

Good on the club.

Tell you what I've got LOADS of ponchos if you are interested, you can have them for free.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here