Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I checked the weather forecast during the week........& bought tickets for the North Stand. I was seated before the rain started, watched a great game with an Albion victory, & the rain stopped long enough for me to walk to the car, result!

(Yes I know, I'm a smug twat).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Simple solution is to issue every STH with a one-a-season Poncho Voucher (and if possible a burger'n'chips voucher, cos us BN1 types are currently subbing the club four quid a game for transport we don't use)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone else notice that the train companies have stopped taking the stubs at Preston Park ?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
as the caller on the phone in said, a fellow invented the coat years ago!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else notice that the train companies have stopped taking the stubs at Preston Park ?

So what happens in that scenario? Do they attempt to fine you on the spot? And if so, are you gormless enough to pay? At the risk of posting the bleeding obvious, just refer them to the club :shrug:

D

Deleted User X18H

Simple solution is to issue every STH with a one-a-season Poncho Voucher (and if possible a burger'n'chips voucher, cos us BN1 types are currently subbing the club four quid a game for transport we don't use)
Couldn't agree more THPP I keep meaning to take my ticket if I go into town on Satdee mornings so at least I can use the bugger to get a free bus ride home but I keep forgetting:(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So what happens in that scenario? Do they attempt to fine you on the spot? And if so, are you gormless enough to pay? At the risk of posting the bleeding obvious, just refer them to the club :shrug:

I'm not sure what point you are making.

I've just noticed this season that they've stopped taking the stubs at the station.

It's something I'm going to point out at Seagulls Over London.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure what point you are making.

I've just noticed this season that they've stopped taking the stubs at the station.

Well, it's just that your observation is a bit, uh, inconclusive. Could mean:

a) you arrive at Preston Park station, show a stub and are ordered to pay a penalty fare
b) you arrive at Preston Park station, there's nobody there to chack your stub
c) something else

Don't attempt to blame ME for your sloppy use of English :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it's fair enough for one reason. We all get soaked and then come home and get in the shower. With a few exceptions, all home fans will be home, dry, and warm by 6 at the latest. Doncaster fans have a 4 hour journey to do, which is a lot less fun if you're soaked to your skin.

As an "exception" I agree with you, but seeing as I was munching on a pastie next to the Ponchoshop (I have registered that brand in case any Mexicans are reading) and I could feel the pitter patter of water on my head I thought I'd add to my poncho collection.It was £1.00 and it was well worth it.

Know what? I am glad that we gave the Donny fans ponchos, because there wasn't an outlet at their end and we should be good hosts. So mich for our "special" friendship with Donny.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, it's just that your observation is a bit, uh, inconclusive. Could mean:

a) you arrive at Preston Park station, show a stub and are ordered to pay a penalty fare
b) you arrive at Preston Park station, there's nobody there to chack your stub
c) something else

Don't attempt to blame ME for your sloppy use of English :lol:

Ooh, bit touchy tonight aren't we. Ok I'll explain it a bit clearer.

The station staff don't take the stubs anymore, in that they used to collect them and now you walk on past.

I'm absolutely positive that IF the station staff were REFUSING to accept stubs, we'd all have heard about it....

.. including you.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I thought the Donny end looked great, from where we were they looked like a Klu Klux Klan convention.

In order to keep dry a good few of them had to wear ponchos with an Albion logo on them.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
To be fair, I didn't take a coat because I checked the latest BBC weather forecast after the F1 qualifying (knowing I wouldn't tune into the TV before I had to leave at 10am) and it showed absolutely NO RAIN at all, not even a sniff. A quick look outside before I left confirmed it was going to be a nice day.....oh :down:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've only EVER been given one free poncho in the North Stand, back at that Mansfield game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here