Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Maybe we need another Forum - Poncho Exchange, where people not going to the game but have one or more ponchos in a cupboard at home can make sure that someone, somewhere will not be inconvenienced.

Failing that, I suppose people could always look at the weather forecast. Most of Withdean DOESN'T HAVE A ROOF so if it is likely that it's going to rain, most people should be able to work out that they need to bring a coat.

So f***ing what if we gave away a few ponchos to the away fans.

Good on the club

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
My views on here are my own personal views and do not reflect that of the club.

Neither do they affect my professionalism of doing my job and no-one would catch hypothermia being out in the WARM rain for 2 hours

NO we are not given hot drinks infact we are not allowed to drink hot drinks whilst customers are in the ground and as for doing nothing just proves your ignorance

what complete BOLLOCKS! every home game the c@nts in front of H block are supping on hot drinks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Something of that sort was in full effect in the family stand yesterday, Uncle Hiney.

HKFC lent Buzzer junior a poncho to wear but when I announced that I was gonna buy one I got told that it would be a very GAY thing to do. Now those that know me do view me as the hard man of accountancy. Very much a man's man and a rep as one of the "top boys" in Block T. I'm not having the other dads think I'm a nancy boy so I ESCHEWED the plastic protection to maintain my image.

Unfortunately, the legendary Buzzer hair got WET and went a bit frizzy. I was not best pleased.

Dick Tight out! :angry:

Sorry that's ridiculous.

Did you expect whoever did that to count how many they gave out and then return to the South Stand and give the exact amount away ?

Queue up for the poncho concessions !

Are we in the playground ?

What what I understand they ran out of the non Brighton ones, and rather than trying to sell the Doncaster fans something with an Albion logo on it (imagine if you'd been given that job :laugh: ) - they handed a few out.

I can't believe people have a problem with a few plastic bags being handed out to away fans, I really really can't.

I believe anything of some of our fans. We really do have a share of f***ing wankers.

So someone somewhere got something for nowt - is that suddenly everyone's business? Like clapham gull says - it's plastic f***ing bags ffs, get over it you bunch of fairys (not everyone, just the whinging turds, who all had a chance to bring a flippin mac from home anyway. fags)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Something of that sort was in full effect in the family stand yesterday, Uncle Hiney.

HKFC lent Buzzer junior a poncho to wear but when I announced that I was gonna buy one I got told that it would be a very GAY thing to do. Now those that know me do view me as the hard man of accountancy. Very much a man's man and a rep as one of the "top boys" in Block T. I'm not having the other dads think I'm a nancy boy so I ESCHEWED the plastic protection to maintain my image.

Unfortunately, the legendary Buzzer hair got WET and went a bit frizzy. I was not best pleased.

Dick Tight out! :angry:

I SAW you!!

nicolasbadhairday980f5ekz9.png

:thumbsup:

You totally misunderstood my point. ALL of those ponchos should have gone to our supporters not their fans. A ridiculous turn of events. You pay £400 and odd quid to watch (often) sub standard football in poor facilities and then see THEIR fans kept dry by our stewards???? Think about it. This actually happened. Before you say " they cost a pound" think about the whole thing again. Their fans turn up once a season and we give them ponchos and our season ticket holders pay money for them. It's RIDICULOUS.

Ahh, DIDDUMS :lolol:

what complete BOLLOCKS! every home game the c@nts in front of H block are supping on hot drinks.

What?!? Some stewards are getting something and I'm not??

There's going to be a full-scale WALKOUT by Zoo B. Zoo if this happens again.
I didn't get born so that someone else in the world can get something and I miss out.

It's an OUTRAGE :annoyed:

My life has been RUINED now, by this revelation. :down:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You totally misunderstood my point. ALL of those ponchos should have gone to our supporters not their fans. A ridiculous turn of events. You pay £400 and odd quid to watch (often) sub standard football in poor facilities and then see THEIR fans kept dry by our stewards???? Think about it. This actually happened. Before you say " they cost a pound" think about the whole thing again. Their fans turn up once a season and we give them ponchos and our season ticket holders pay money for them. It's RIDICULOUS.

'Strewth. It's a crappy piece of plastic. This thread is exactly like the debacle of STHs moaning about not getting a free crappy scarf at scarf day last season.

So someone got something we didn't. You didn't lose out so where's the problem? It's like a playground mentality at times.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As Taylor said on the Fans Phone In to the poncho moaners - the solution to the problem was figured out about 150 years ago by Mr Macintosh !!!!!

In other words bring your bloody coat next time !!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can we lock or merge these threads or something?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know it actually happened - I started the thread :D

I have obviously thought about it and I didn't misunderstand your point at all

I just think it's petty and something out of the playground.

"Their fans".. boo hoo, hoo.

I'll reiterate they ran out of "away ones" and out of courtesy decided to give the Albion ones away for free.

Good on the club.

Tell you what I've got LOADS of ponchos if you are interested, you can have them for free.

Cool. I'll PM you my address. ;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've still got my free poncho that we got when we first came back to Withdean. :D

I noticed when leaving the ground there were quite a few discarded ponchos, which seemed bizarre, and doubly so if people have paid for them (and are moaning about the fact).

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As Taylor said on the Fans Phone In to the poncho moaners - the solution to the problem was figured out about 150 years ago by Mr Macintosh !!!!!

In other words bring your bloody coat next time !!

Unless you're an away fan ;)

For the record, I bought one and wasn't bothered about it. However, I did have a conversation with a STH who was rather pissed off about it. I still think he has a point, but hey ho - it's only a quid after all.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can we establish what sort of poncho we are actually talking about here.

Is it one of these?

ppd1.jpg

One of these?

poncho5lg.jpg

One of these?

italian_poncho.jpg

poncho.jpg

Or one of these?

clear_poncho.jpg

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
NO we are not given hot drinks infact we are not allowed to drink hot drinks whilst customers are in the ground and as for doing nothing just proves your ignorance

I did notice about 5 minutes before half time 4 polystyrene cups were handed out to the stewards, I admit that I am assuming that they are full with hot drinks but they might have been cold.

A few of us commented about it at half time so it can’t just be me that is ignorant.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
All the forecasts I've seen over the last few days GUARANTEED rain yesterday

Apart from the BBC forecast in the morning (about 1am that day). That's why I didn't take a coat because they said we wouldn't get the rain until Sunday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
According to an eye-witness, one outraged victim of poncho injustice was heard ranting at a hapless steward at half-time:

'RIGHT! Get Dick Knight down here NOW!' :rant: :rant: :rant:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here