Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
When you think about whether you can be bothered to go to an away game you take several factors into the equation, and one of those is what the experience has been like before.

Stuff like shit parking, shithole town centre, crap away stand, lack of decent pubs, awful stewards, overpriced tickets and overpriced stuff inside the ground all deter people from travelling away. The more you make it worse for them the less will come.

Is that any different for home fans?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
When you think about whether you can be bothered to go to an away game you take several factors into the equation, and one of those is what the experience has been like before.

Stuff like shit parking, shithole town centre, crap away stand, lack of decent pubs, awful stewards, overpriced tickets and overpriced stuff inside the ground all deter people from travelling away. The more you make it worse for them the less will come.

Shit stand and parking? Yes of course, but if I went to Brentford (which is shit) and they made me pay £1 for a poncho I wouldn't NOT go back next year just because of it. Infact it would be an extremely poor reason not to go next time round.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a MASSIVE load of old BOLLOCKS this thread is.

Its only a f***ing POUND.
iStock_000000377006%20One%20Pound%20Coin%20Resized.jpg

I'm well pissed off now. I am a STH and I couldn't get to the game yesterday and now I find out the club has given away free ponchos to AWAY fans. It's just not good enough.

That's the final straw-I'm f***ed if I'm renewing my season ticket now. I've been following this club for years but giving away a tatty piece of plastic to 50 away fans shows just how much my support is valued by Dick Kight and all of his hangers on.

Season Ticket Holders unite-don't renew until we get given a free poncho.

As has already been said: The weather has been crap for days, there was rain the forecast and anybody who thinks weather forecasting is such an exact science that can time rain to the minute deserves to get totally soaked. I drive in from Guildford for every home game and make sure that I'm prepared for bad weather during the winter months because weather forecasts have been wrong so many times. Is it that difficult for people living locally to do the same?

I can't believe some of the crap in this thread and IT'S ALL OVER A POXY £1 PONCHO.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm well pissed off now. I am a STH and I couldn't get to the game yesterday and now I find out the club has given away free ponchos to AWAY fans. It's just not good enough.

That's the final straw-I'm f***ed if I'm renewing my season ticket now. I've been following this club for years but giving away a tatty piece of plastic to 50 away fans shows just how much my support is valued by Dick Kight and all of his hangers on.

Season Ticket Holders unite-don't renew until we get given a free poncho.

As has already been said: The weather has been crap for days, there was rain the forecast and anybody who thinks weather forecasting is such an exact science that can time rain to the minute deserves to get totally soaked. I drive in from Guildford for every home game and make sure that I'm prepared for bad weather during the winter months because weather forecasts have been wrong so many times. Is it that difficult for people living locally to do the same?

I can't believe some of the crap in this thread and IT'S ALL OVER A POXY £1 PONCHO.
500 away fans,and you are spot on about all the arse lickers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here