Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Was I the only one who looked at the weather forecast today? It was due to rain - I saw people in just shirts and no coats! well, they were wearing trousers I suppose. And shoes. Clever fans.

Ponchogate........love it!

Nope, the local and the national forecast said it would be dry til 5 and I got soaked again, as i did at the previous home game when they said the whole of england would be dry and it pissed it down! Having said that I don't really five a shit about getting wet.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I got just as wet and i have a long journey home too. YES i got in a whole 10 mins before you but I am not complaining it's just a bit of water.

Do i mind the club giving the away fans free ponchos NO it's called hospitality

And as for flippant not really as i am there ay 1PM getting wet until 5.30PM getting wet.

But it really dosen't bother me.

Ok pal. You've reeled me in. The ONLY thing I was complaining about was your poxy attitude and dismissive comment that made it sound as though Albion fans don't have long to get home and dry.

Just to confirm something with you nice and clearly...I don't mind the club giving poncho's away (nice gesture), I dont give a monkeys about getting slightly damp watching my team (I've watched them all over this country, in all weathers, for over 30yrs). What angered me was your jokey dismissal of a few fans gripes over the poncho issues (whether you agree or not - customer comments should be noted professionally) and the belittling inferrence that fans don't have to wait long before they are home.

Your personal journey doesn't come into it mate as far as I'm concerned, or your working hours. Or is that supposed to be a justification for why you lot are so feckin miserable, dismissive and generally rude (from what I observe every home game) to paying customers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And finally the Doncaster fans were our guests at our club> YES they were paying guests but never the less it is good hospitality something our club is known for

I know this may come as a bit of a shock to you, but the spectators in H block are also paying guests of the club...

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Ok pal. You've reeled me in. The ONLY thing I was complaining about was your poxy attitude and dismissive comment that made it sound as though Albion fans don't have long to get home and dry.

Just to confirm something with you nice and clearly...I don't mind the club giving poncho's away (nice gesture), I dont give a monkeys about getting slightly damp watching my team (I've watched them all over this country, in all weathers, for over 30yrs). What angered me was your jokey dismissal of a few fans gripes over the poncho issues (whether you agree or not - customer comments should be noted professionally) and the belittling inferrence that fans don't have to wait long before they are home.

Your personal journey doesn't come into it mate as far as I'm concerned, or your working hours. Or is that supposed to be a justification for why you lot are so feckin miserable, dismissive and generally rude (from what I observe every home game) to paying customers.

Me i am not miserable, Dismissive or rude. Although i do object slightly to "customers" swearing, spitting at me and being rude to me.

My attitude isn't poxy at all i grew up watching the Albion on the east terrace at the Goldstone getting soaked everytime it rained.

I can remeber being 7 watching Man City in the most torrential rain and it never bothered me. All i was told as a child was it's only a bit of water.

I got wet went home got dry end of story.

But that's just me it wasn't jokey was just my opinion on the dats events after the abuse i got for doing my job. It goes some way to explaining why the club has a high turnover of staff after the crap we got yesterday.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
All this FUSS over a plastic covering....

If its raining - its down to YOU to provide wet weather gear, not the club..

Do you lot REALLY have nothing better to do with your time than MOAN about who gets a free rainmac?

SPASTICS the lot of ya

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely the point is that Donny fans have a very long trip home whereas, by and large, Albion fans do not. Therefore it is right that the club give away fans free ponchos.

I know my missus would be hacked off if I had to have 2 or 3 days off work because I got completely soaked at the football and had a 5 hour journey back in wet clothes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Surely the point is that Donny fans have a very long trip home whereas, by and large, Albion fans do not. Therefore it is right that the club give away fans free ponchos.

I know my missus would be hacked off if I had to have 2 or 3 days off work because I got completely soaked at the football and had a 5 hour journey back in wet clothes.

Thats downright reasonable and well thought out

How dare you :p

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done to the club for not doing the obvious thing and charging. For the sake of a few quid we'd soon become pretty unpopular if we did charge.

All this FUSS over a plastic covering....

If its raining - its down to YOU to provide wet weather gear, not the club..

Do you lot REALLY have nothing better to do with your time than MOAN about who gets a free rainmac?

SPASTICS the lot of ya

:clap: Personally speaking - I saw the weather forecast earlier, and it showed rain over the Isle of Wight at 2.00pm, heading our way. So, I counted on rain at around 3.00pm, and was only out by about 6 minutes as it was early - and I'd got wet weather gear (with a hood) ready for the game hours earlier!

I therefore claim myself a LOT smarter than you IDIOTS who didn't account for rain, and I didn't give a hoot for the free plastic bags handed to anyone (though I did hear about it).

Stupid thick moaning TWATS again. :rolleyes:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Plus a rotten view from practically ground-level 50yards behind the goal. The club ought to be paying visiting supporters to watch from that shit view.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Good lord. Whatever next, for away fans? Free massages for stress relief if they lose? Those little battery powered fans for August games? Free pies for anyone who is hungry as they have a long journey home? Perhaps we should go the whole hog and actually provide them with a change of clothes if it happens to rain?

I would have thought their biggest concern is the fact that they are 50 yards from the pitch. :)

I still can't believe we couldn't sell them a poncho just because it had our badge on it. We wouldn't be insisting that they wear it around Doncaster for the rest of the winter - it's a disposable item, not a fashion statement! Besides, fans from other clubs have bought them in the past.

I bought a poncho and feel I am now worthy of a future concession. Perhaps cup tickets for next season could be allocated according to the number of ponchos you own?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People need to consider the intangible factors of charging. The club would be perceived as mean and it would give away fans another reason not to bother buying a ticket.

Financially, I'm sure the money you'd make by charging would be lost in reduced ticket sales anyway.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
People need to consider the intangible factors of charging. The club would be perceived as mean and it would give away fans another reason not to bother buying a ticket.

Financially, I'm sure the money you'd make by charging would be lost in reduced ticket sales anyway.

Why woud the club be considered mean for charging a pound for something that costs a pound?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. To produce a plastic poncho doesn't cost a pound.
2. What if we HAD charged £1 and had to play Donny at Withdean next season? I'm sure at least 40 or 50 of their fans wouldn't bother coming, so that's £1,000+ of lost income for the sake of £200 made on the ponchos.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
2. What if we HAD charged £1 and had to play Donny at Withdean next season? I'm sure at least 40 or 50 of their fans wouldn't bother coming, so that's £1,000+ of lost income for the sake of £200 made on the ponchos.

:D Funniest post of the day :D

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
1. To produce a plastic poncho doesn't cost a pound.

This whole argument is completely ridiculous, but I can't let this go. You're telling me that 40-50 of their fans would not have set foot in Withdean again if they had had to have paid £1 for a poncho! I do hope you were trying to be funny!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When you think about whether you can be bothered to go to an away game you take several factors into the equation, and one of those is what the experience has been like before.

Stuff like shit parking, shithole town centre, crap away stand, lack of decent pubs, awful stewards, overpriced tickets and overpriced stuff inside the ground all deter people from travelling away. The more you make it worse for them the less will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here