Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll;- Are you ashamed of your national heritage?

Are you ASHAMED of being English??

• No, not at all

Votes: 97 91.5%
  • Yes, I have shame

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Was there a Kashmir problem befour 1948?
er ... yes.

That's why my great great grandfather found himself fighting with the army in India - in the 1840s and 50s.

That and the destruction of framework knitting, which had sustained our family for generations - thanks to the decision of the government to destroy a thriving woollen garment industry and switch to imported American cotton as a source for military uniforms.

It makes me feel ashamed to be ...

Actually, no it doesn't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm ashamed of being English because the pc brigade make me feel like a 2nd class citizen.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Who are the PC brigade? Such a lazy term, in my opinion.

I currently feel more connection to my Welsh heritage, despite having lived in England my whole life. I love England, but the far right of this country makes me feel very ashamed. They are very hypocritical and do not seem to see the meaning of life.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm not ashamed of England. But being partly South African, I am ashamed of them.

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
Who are the PC brigade? Such a lazy term, in my opinion.

I currently feel more connection to my Welsh heritage, despite having lived in England my whole life. I love England, but the far right of this country makes me feel very ashamed. They are very hypocritical and do not seem to see the meaning of life.

So the far right in Wales are Ok?
i think the Welsh nationalists are more racist than the BNP they dont even want white English people in their country let alone non brits.

Last edited:

Alfred the greatx

Jun 15, 2008
If The British had not gone into certain countries the natives would still be living in the trees and eating each other.It might still be going on for all I know

Rubbish! if we had not gone into certain countries the French would have ruled the world for 2 centuries and the f*** up they would have made of it would make us look like angels.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
most of England/Britains past was of its time: everyone else was doing it. however, we tended to be the first to change, to recognise the error of our ways. remember we were at the forefront of abolishing slavery; when we left our colonies we did so with good grace unlike others. on balance there is more to be proud of than ashamed.

Alfred the greatx

Jun 15, 2008
That was the British empire, not the English empire. It may have been the biggest but most of it was worth f*** all. The Roman empire on the other hand...

Worth f*** all? The The great shipping ports of Gib, Malta, Alexandria, Aden, singapore, Hong kong, etc, the vast endless wheat and sheep fields of Australia, South africa, New Zealand, the huge financial and human resources of the the Indian sub continent, the tobacco and suger plantations from the caribean that earned more money than the entire American colonies, the Southern african gold and diamond mines, the rubber plantations, the tea plantations, the pacific Guano fields, the Chinese Opiem fields (Honest business in those days) etc, etc.

And what about the f***ing Romans? A military empire that opposed science and research and held human progress back by 2000 years. We could have been as developed as we are now centuries ago if the f***ing Romans had not destroyed the research of the greeks and disrupted the science of the Persians by constantly attacking them.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
at 20 000 + posts the same accusation could be levelled at you.

Not sure post size is an indication of how seriously you take things, more an indicator of boredom levels at work.

At least I'm not going around like some pissed up nutcase on a messageboard screaming obscenities at people just because I hate outsiders so much I can't even stand people who aren't from the same area in Brighton as me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not sure post size is an indication of how seriously you take things, more an indicator of boredom levels at work.

At least I'm not going around like some pissed up nutcase on a messageboard screaming obscenities at people just because I hate outsiders so much I can't even stand people who aren't from the same area in Brighton as me.

so you dragging this (which has nothing to do with you) out into the next day is just boredom then, and not taking things too seriously.

Be honest mate the truth is more a mixture of the two isnt it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
so you dragging this (which has nothing to do with you) out into the next day is just boredom then, and not taking things too seriously.

Be honest mate the truth is more a mixture of the two isnt it.

I would say it is a mixture of two things but not seriousness. More bordeom and an unhealthy, car crash desire to see how loopy you're gonna go today.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would say it is a mixture of two things but not seriousness. More bordeom and an unhealthy, car crash desire to see how loopy you're gonna go today.

lets see shall we. just dont get spunk on your keyboard it will not be fair on nibble when he cleans it up later tonight.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lets see shall we. just dont get spunk on your keyboard it will not be fair on nibble when he cleans it up later tonight.

You do make a lot of assumptions about people don't you Spanish? I'm sensing a bit of projection there, of the abstract and literal kind. Do you feel dirty after one of your angry wanks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here