Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll;- Are you ashamed of your national heritage?

Are you ASHAMED of being English??

• No, not at all

Votes: 97 91.5%
  • Yes, I have shame

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Immigrants are not driving down wages, greedy British companies are. They are employing cheap foreign labour just as they did during our colonial years except now they don't even have to travel to do it. Bushy, you hate foreigners just say it and stop trying to cover your flimsy arguments with unreliable "facts".

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I like being English, we have made mistakes as a nation but who hasn't..

I am a bit concerned where our culture is going but that's maybe an age thing.

I am deeply ashamed of our leaders and their attack on the freedoms that have made this country the envy of the world. I can't believe we are letting it happen we should be collectively ashamed for that reason alone..

lights blue touch paper and retires..

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
No, I am not ashamed in fact i am very proud of my nationality and i can't think of any overwhelming reason why i shouldn't be.

Please don't make the mistake of judging our past through 21 century eyes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
no you just like to imply that to stifle any argument, why ?, i dont know .
I didn't imply anything. I just stated it.
You have no argument to stifle, badly written or not.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
no you just like to imply that to stifle any argument, why ?, i dont know .

But surely you are just 'implying' all these things about immigration because you haven't come up with any real proof?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i didnt imply anything , you asked for stats , got them, and then started crying about it because you didnt like what you read.

Do you even read the "evidence" you find? My God man, you ain't helpin yourself eh! :lol:

7. The most recent study from the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) [6] concludes from its review of the theoretical literature that it is extremely unlikely that increased migration into the UK will have a substantial negative effect on either wages or employment in aggregate. They add that there could be a small negative effect on wages and/or employment but it could also be positive or have no effect
at all.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I'm not actually technically english! Oh my word! But yes if i am allowed to be English since i was born here i am proud to be English.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Conclusion
16. The large scale immigration of recent years has done nothing to help the low paid and may well be affecting their chances of employment.

Conclusion????????

Where do they get these morons from? Hilarious

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
2. It is not easy to determine the effect of immigration on wages with accuracy because even large-scale immigration is relatively small compared to a workforce of 30 million. Furthermore, the picture is complicated by the response of indigenous labour as well as by statistical considerations.

Wages
3. The House of Lords Economic Committee, reporting in April 2008 reached the following conclusion: [1]

"The available evidence suggests that immigration has had a small negative impact on the lowest paid workers in the UK and a small positive impact on the earnings of higher paid workers."

4. In his evidence to this Committee Professor Rowthorn, Emeritus Professor Economics at Cambridge University, challenged the Government claim that there is no theoretical reason why immigration need depress either native wages or increase native unemployment.[2] He pointed out that a period of adjustment is needed and that, during this period, some native workers might suffer a significant loss. An OECD Working Paper had suggested that this period might last between five and ten years. [3]

What with nibbles post and mine things aren't looking too good for your so called evidence bushy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
only because they do not live down your street. yet another smug post from the unaffected.

What street do I live on? Pure conjecture, inconclusive horse shit. Read the link and see for yourself. That "report" by Migrationwatch would be laughed out of any journalists office worth their salt. Self published piffle of the highest order. As for the actual reports they cite they don't even back up their own argument. If you wish to enter a debate with functioning humans do some research.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
only because they do not live down your street. yet another smug post from the unaffected.

Really? For 3 years I lived in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood in Bolton. Never had any problems, social or employment wise.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What street do I live on?

I am guessing you live somewhere near the battle of trafalgar. home to transients and fashion victims. judging by your confusion at other posts about brighton in days gone by, you do not live in whitehawk, bevendean, swanborough flats, mouslcoombe or woodingdean or anywhere where you might know the people talked about on this site.

just a guess.

Proud to be English,saddened by some of the things we have done.Over all we did treat treat the people of the countries colonised better than other colonial powers.If we were that bad why do so many other nationals want to live here now? Slavery was going on in Africa long before The British turned up and is still going on today,but that is no excuse for our part in it.I can honestly say that I am proud of my heritage.If the British had not colonised India would we have so many Indian restaurants in the UK

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am guessing you live somewhere near the battle of trafalgar. home to transients and fashion victims. judging by your confusion at other posts about brighton in days gone by, you do not live in whitehawk, bevendean, swanborough flats, mouslcoombe or woodingdean or anywhere where you might know the people talked about on this site.

just a guess.

Wrong on all counts Spaniard you fool. But you are right I don't live in any of those ghastly poor locations. Full of wogs and pakis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here