Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players you had forgotten about...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
mark farrington.

hard to describe how bad he was, a barry lloyd special 'discovered' playing dutch football. i don't think barry was smoking his usual brand on that weekend scouting trip to holland. farrington was signed to replace mike small who was superb - i still have the t-shirt somewhere.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
mark farrington.

hard to describe how bad he was, a barry lloyd special 'discovered' playing dutch football. i don't think barry was smoking his usual brand on that weekend scouting trip to holland. farrington was signed to replace mike small who was superb - i still have the t-shirt somewhere.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Charlie Nicholas ... a striker who had considerable trouble finding the goal if I remember correctly ... now who does that remind me of??

Charlie Baker ... first choice goalie for one and a half seasons ... lived in Turners Hill.

Was that not Tony Nicholas a big blonde inside forward signed from Chelsea?

How about Stan Crowther and John Goodchild at around the same time.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
He Scored in my first trip to Palace when we won 1-0 and we missed the goal as we were late in

Was that the match in the seventies, we scored after about 5 minutes and were under the cosh for the next 85, our keeper played a blinder, for some reason Peter Springetts name comes to mind, or am I imagening it?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Eric Young
Willie Young
Alan Young

Seem to remember they all played in the same season, anyone know if they ever played together?

Eric Young - one of my favourite all time BHA players :thumbsup:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Shane McFaul
Will Packham :wozza:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
mark farrington.

The same Mark Farrington who's career was blighted by injury ? The same Barry Lloyd who found Dean Saunders, Kurt Nogan and Mr Murray ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mark Farrington was that bad that when we played Bristol Rovers on Bath City ground, Twerterton Park (sp) he committed a foul and the BHA supporters started shouting at the ref Off Off.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No, surely no-one has forgotten Mark Farrington - or indeed Tony Millard's match announcement when the above-mentioned Willie, Alan and Eric all appeared together for the first time: "Well, Chris Cattlin promised us a Young side ..."

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Mark Farrington was that bad that when we played Bristol Rovers on Bath City ground, Twerterton Park (sp) he committed a foul and the BHA supporters started shouting at the ref Off Off.

that's the fella. i was at that game, in fact i think i've seen us get beat twice at twerton park. they used to have some mulleted **** who wandered round the pitch before the game with a microphone in his hand. that's about all i can remember.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Graham Winstanley.

was going to sya him and then thought... no he was a legend and unlikely to be forgotten

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The same Mark Farrington who's career was blighted by injury ? The same Barry Lloyd who found Dean Saunders, Kurt Nogan and Mr Murray ?

calm down buddy! wasn't having a pop at lloyd, but you have to admit farrington was comically turd. i reckon he's the slowest player i've ever seen play for us. and that takes some beating!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
minton was a great player. he was our best player for about 3 years - doesn't belong on this list.

Well, the thread's about players you had forgotten about, not shit players...

I agree Minton was quality in the mid-late 90s and I hadn't forgotten about him, but maybe Bellsize had until he had a think...

I am really enjoying this thread though - remembering Raphael Meade last night made me look up the guy I was at the Pompey game with. 1992 it was apparently!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Paul McDonald, skilful but lightweight winger signed by Jimmy Case. Him and Storer both looked quality on the wings during the final run of Goldstone games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here