Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players you had forgotten about...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is Barry Butlin made up? I hope not. I hope he formed a solid centre half partnership with Peter Pontins in the fifties.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is Barry Butlin made up? I hope not. I hope he formed a solid centre half partnership with Peter Pontins in the fifties.

Not made up, we signed him on loan from Notts Forest in 1975. He only played five times for us bus scored two goals - including the aforementioned goal against Palace. He was a striker so couldn't have formed a defensive partnership with Peter Pontins.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What about four young players Clough and Taylor brought in to start to rebuild their side, Paul Fuschillo, Billy McEwen, Ron Welch and Tommy Mason.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Adrian Owers

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What about four young players Clough and Taylor brought in to start to rebuild their side, Paul Fuschillo, Billy McEwen, Ron Welch and Tommy Mason.
Definitely forgettable! Peter Taylor spent two years clearing up the mess Clough left, and I don't remember any of those four being around three years later when Mullery's side started storming up the leagues. Saw Welch and McEwen make their debuts at The Goldstone; wasn't impressed!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
What about "Supersub" Eric Potts, Malcolm Poskett and OUR BEST WINGERS EVER...Tony Towner and Sully...oh yeah, and Spider...Shit, i'm feeling old:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here