Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Palace are after

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very close to, if not reaching, £4m. ON TOP OF THAT, we've got 20% sell-on for Victor Moses coming up very soon. This will give us another fee of roughly £2m.
The 20% sell on figure is based on a cash only deal to bring Moses to Stamford Bridge , Chelsea are keen to offload a player plus cash to Wigan in effect reducing the figure to roughly £800k instead of £2M.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Including Patrick Agyemang, Izale Mcleod and Chris Iwelumo.

Christ :lolol:

Preparing life for League 1 already I see !

Why did you leave Ryan Harley off the list ???

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Cant you just leave?, go to bbs or something. You will fit in there. You start more palace threads on here than they do on their own board

Urm, don't tell me what to do.

I have only ever started 2, twat.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could Brighton fans on here (if there are anyleft on here nowadays), please note that "Seaside" is in the know when it comes to everything Palarse because he has slavishly read and believed every word uttered by the chairman of CP2010. All pronouncements from that source are to be believed in their entirety along with anything positive about Palarse published in the Sun, the Mail or the Mirror. Anything which is marginally uncomplimentary let alone critical of his beloved palarse is to be immediately discounted as propoganda, almost certainly instigated by those horrid people from Brighton. Please do not argue with Seaside. He is right. Always. About everything. Unquestionably :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could Brighton fans on here (if there are anyleft on here nowadays), please note that "Seaside" is in the know when it comes to everything Palarse because he has slavishly read and believed every word uttered by the chairman of CP2010. All pronouncements from that source are to be believed in their entirety along with anything positive about Palarse published in the Sun, the Mail or the Mirror. Anything which is marginally uncomplimentary let alone critical of his beloved palarse is to be immediately discounted as propoganda, almost certainly instigated by those horrid people from Brighton. Please do not argue with Seaside. He is right. Always. About everything. Unquestionably :lol:

Is "Seaside" a "Glenn-Murray" clone or the same person ???

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A source that CPFC2010 have stated is "always pretty spot on" has said that the figure for Clyne is £2.2m with 20% sell-on fee

Steve Parish has said many times that the fee for Scannell wasn't £400k. I'm not bullshitting. The same verified source has said £700k for Scannell.

When Victor Moses joins Chelsea, the total income for transfers will be significantly higher than £4m.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the magic figure of 4 million the amount you are currently losing as a club.
I wonder how much of it wll get spent.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
£2m+ for Clyne, with a 20% sell on fee
£1m for Ambrose
£700k for Scannell, with addons
Compensation for Lee Hills

Very close to, if not reaching, £4m. ON TOP OF THAT, we've got 20% sell-on for Victor Moses coming up very soon. This will give us another fee of roughly £2m.

So assuming your maths is correct(and not your usual monopoly money numbers).

Youve just flogged 3 of your 4 best players to replace with 1 potentially good player who wont get the service as youve flogged of the above? For a team that finished bottom half of the table thats progress.
Your going dooooooooooowwwwwwwwwn!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I think it is this Seaside

He posted this response to a thread that started a year ago and is still on-going.

Crystal Palace - a bleak future? - CPFC BBS

I have highlighted a few items that I find funny a year later.

Seaside Eagle

To answer the question in the first post...

The things that make us positive are:

1. Wealthy and responsible owners.
2. A new ground only 4/5 years away that will be better than The Amex
3. One of the best academies in the country
4. A young, hungry, driven manager
5. The development of players like Clyne, Zaha, Cadogan, Scannell and in the last few years Moses, Soares and Watson. We have a track record of producing great talent for the first team before selling them for large fees. We'd be looking at upwards of £5m for someone like Zaha with 4 years left on his contract. We have one of the best academies in the country.
6. There's not much chance of us getting relegated. Ever. We've managed to come out of two seriously bad seasons that were ruined by administration and almost bankruptcy. We'll never have to go through that again, and we've got a board that won't allow us to sit at the bottom of the table.
7. Even through some of the worst season's I've seen at Palace, we still average crowds of above 15k, and frequently get 20k. Once we get back to being successful and where history dictates we belong (top of the second tier/bottom of the first) we'll get crowds over 20k for most games. We've got a larger ACTUAL fanbase than you have by quite some distance. You struggled to reach 7000 until last year.
8. None of our senior players are going to be sold, unlike you losing Bennett and potentially Barnes. Also, Murray left you to join a bigger and better club.

In short... we're sorted. Now, and for the future. We've just come through the toughest period in recent years and everything looks rosey. Compare that to yourselves...

1. A great new stadium that will slowly empty and you'll be back to crowds of 10,000 in 4/5 years.
2. A great young manager... who will no doubt be off in the next year or two
3. An admittedly rich chairman
4. A massive amount of debt
5. A history of being in the lower Leagues

A team like Coventry are probably of similar size to you these days. They got a new ground a few years ago, and now they struggle to fill half of it. It's what happens to teams that try to expand their fanbase their too quickly.

I'm not sure how us potentially missing out on ONE target makes us desperate for players? It's quite likely that we'll be better in every position than you will be next season. I asked this earlier... have you got a defender as good as Clyne? A keeper as good as Speroni? A forward as good as Ambrose? No? Thought not.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I think it is this Seaside

He posted this response to a thread that started a year ago and is still on-going.

Crystal Palace - a bleak future? - CPFC BBS

I have highlighted a few items that I find funny a year later.

Seaside Eagle

To answer the question in the first post...

The things that make us positive are:

1. Wealthy and responsible owners.
2. A new ground only 4/5 years away that will be better than The Amex
3. One of the best academies in the country
4. A young, hungry, driven manager
5. The development of players like Clyne, Zaha, Cadogan, Scannell and in the last few years Moses, Soares and Watson. We have a track record of producing great talent for the first team before selling them for large fees. We'd be looking at upwards of £5m for someone like Zaha with 4 years left on his contract. We have one of the best academies in the country.
6. There's not much chance of us getting relegated. Ever. We've managed to come out of two seriously bad seasons that were ruined by administration and almost bankruptcy. We'll never have to go through that again, and we've got a board that won't allow us to sit at the bottom of the table.
7. Even through some of the worst season's I've seen at Palace, we still average crowds of above 15k, and frequently get 20k. Once we get back to being successful and where history dictates we belong (top of the second tier/bottom of the first) we'll get crowds over 20k for most games. We've got a larger ACTUAL fanbase than you have by quite some distance. You struggled to reach 7000 until last year.
8. None of our senior players are going to be sold, unlike you losing Bennett and potentially Barnes. Also, Murray left you to join a bigger and better club.

In short... we're sorted. Now, and for the future. We've just come through the toughest period in recent years and everything looks rosey. Compare that to yourselves...

1. A great new stadium that will slowly empty and you'll be back to crowds of 10,000 in 4/5 years.
2. A great young manager... who will no doubt be off in the next year or two
3. An admittedly rich chairman
4. A massive amount of debt
5. A history of being in the lower Leagues

A team like Coventry are probably of similar size to you these days. They got a new ground a few years ago, and now they struggle to fill half of it. It's what happens to teams that try to expand their fanbase their too quickly.

I'm not sure how us potentially missing out on ONE target makes us desperate for players? It's quite likely that we'll be better in every position than you will be next season. I asked this earlier... have you got a defender as good as Clyne? A keeper as good as Speroni? A forward as good as Ambrose? No? Thought not.

:laugh:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What are the odds on Brighton and Palace being two leagues apart come the end of the season? I can see a Brighton play-off push and Palace going down on the last day. Oh sweet joys.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Of course now these players are now shit and ward is suddenly the best defender in the league :D

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

appears to use different idioms so not the same prat.......just a very similar prat :lol:

They are two of the most stupid of the palace posters on here because of their blind faith in what their "multi billionaire" owners say and their tendency to change their views to accomodate their own "truth" even when the reality is directly opposed and blindingly obvious.

In fairness that probably makes them "proper" fans and if only they would stick to their own site they would be perfectly ok. It's just when they come on here that they make total tits of themselves just like one or tewo of ours do on BBS (the difference being that NSC tolerates them where BBS doesn't allow similar leewat to our idiots)7

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
appears to use different idioms so not the same prat.......just a very similar prat :lol:

They are two of the most stupid of the palace posters on here because of their blind faith in what their "multi billionaire" owners say and their tendency to change their views to accomodate their own "truth" even when the reality is directly opposed and blindingly obvious.

In fairness that probably makes them "proper" fans and if only they would stick to their own site they would be perfectly ok. It's just when they come on here that they make total tits of themselves just like one or tewo of ours do on BBS (the difference being that NSC tolerates them where BBS doesn't allow similar leewat to our idiots)7

I think both of them must have been hypnotised by Kenny Craig (Little Britain) :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What are the odds on Brighton and Palace being two leagues apart come the end of the season? I can see a Brighton play-off push and Palace going down on the last day. Oh sweet joys.

Would be the best season ever.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Ok , I will have £50 that won't happen , loser pays it to the REMF ! Agreed ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here