Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Palace are after

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
After selling Ambrose and getting his massive wages off our books, we can afford to sign McCormack. We've so far gained almost £4m in compensation and transfer fees this window. We can easily fit a prolific goalscorer into our squad.

£4m?

:lolol:

Don't know where the f*** you've got that figure from.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
£4m?

:lolol:

Don't know where the f*** you've got that figure from.

£2m+ for Clyne, with a 20% sell on fee
£1m for Ambrose
£700k for Scannell, with addons
Compensation for Lee Hills

Very close to, if not reaching, £4m. ON TOP OF THAT, we've got 20% sell-on for Victor Moses coming up very soon. This will give us another fee of roughly £2m.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
£1m for Ambrose

Very close to, if not reaching, £4m.

1. You don't know what kind of figure you're getting for Clyne.
2. The Ambrose deal is POTENTIALLY rising to £1million, doesn't mean it will.
3. £400k with add ons, don't bullshit.
4. Fair enough

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
1. You don't know what kind of figure you're getting for Clyne.
2. The Ambrose deal is POTENTIALLY rising to £1million, doesn't mean it will.
3. £400k with add ons, don't bullshit.
4. Fair enough

A source that CPFC2010 have stated is "always pretty spot on" has said that the figure for Clyne is £2.2m with 20% sell-on fee

Steve Parish has said many times that the fee for Scannell wasn't £400k. I'm not bullshitting. The same verified source has said £700k for Scannell.

When Victor Moses joins Chelsea, the total income for transfers will be significantly higher than £4m.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
£1m for Ambrose

Very close to, if not reaching, £4m. ON TOP OF THAT, we've got 20% sell-on for Victor Moses coming up very soon. This will give us another fee of roughly £2m.

I wouldn't spunk your pants just yet sonny, 4 million is a notional sum and you'll be lucky if even half of that is paid up front, the rest will be based on appearances and other factors that may or may not trigger. Your name dropping of teams far bigger than palace I.e Leeds and everton is quite cringeworthy as if you are desperately trying to make your tinpot decrepit club
sound like an attractive proposition and players are queuing up to join, they aren't and no one here is the slightest bit impressed with your sabre rattling and dick waving because quite frankly we are laughing at the mediocrity of it all. Let's be honest here eh, the sums of money you are waffling on about are likely to be swallowed up servicing your debt and loss making running costs.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I wouldn't spunk your pants just yet sonny, 4 million is a notional sum and you'll be lucky if even half of that is paid up front, the rest will be based on appearances and other factors that may or may not trigger. Your name dropping of teams far bigger than palace I.e Leeds and everton is quite cringeworthy as if you are desperately trying to make your tinpot decrepit club
sound like an attractive proposition and players are queuing up to join, they aren't and no one here is the slightest bit impressed with your sabre rattling and dick waving because quite frankly we are laughing at the mediocrity of it all. Let's be honest here eh, the sums of money you are waffling on about are likely to be swallowed up servicing your debt and loss making running costs.

This is just wrong. We got £2.2m UP FRONT in compensation for Clyne (with a 20% sell-on fee). We will receive £2m UP FRONT for Moses when he joins Chelsea. Some of the Ambrose and Scannell fees are up front, while some is in addons. We will have recieved at least £4.5m up front by the end of this transfer window.

CPFC2010 are expecting to make bigger losses this season than they made last season. Dougie's transfer budget is bigger than it was last season, and we have an additional £4m to spend on transfer fees and wages.

Last edited:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
After selling Ambrose and getting his massive wages off our books, we can afford to sign McCormack. We've so far gained almost £4m in compensation and transfer fees this window. We can easily fit a prolific goalscorer into our squad.

We've already beaten Leeds to sign Joel Ward this summer.

So how does raising funds to pay off your debt equate to money on more wages and transfer fees? ???

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
This is just wrong. We got £2.2m UP FRONT in compensation for Clyne (with a 20% sell-on fee). We will receive £2m UP FRONT for Moses when he joins Chelsea. Some of the Ambrose and Scannell fees are up front, while some is in addons. We will have recieved at least £4.5m up front by the end of this transfer window.

CPFC2010 are expecting to make bigger losses this season than they made last season. Dougie's transfer budget is bigger than it was last season, and we have an additional £4m to spend on transfer fees and wages.

Again how does bigger losses equate to a higher transfer and wage budget? ???

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What I don't understand is how they manage to "attract" ANY players given the environs of the club. How any human being in their right mind would want to live in or around the croydon area completely escapes me. Its an absolute shithole with no redeeming features at all. They must put a peg on their nose and drive them blindfold to the Selsdon Park Hotel or some other suburban fur coat and no knickers hotel and lock them in a room until they've signed. And what a treat they have in store the first time they set eyes on Selhurst Park?!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not true.

What the part about the players or te part where you're preparing for league 1?

I spoke to a couple of palace lads the other night and they seem pretty confident that you're having a fire sale(no furniture store pun intended!) and that all your best players are being sold off for a decent price now so they don't go on the cheap when u enter Administration in October.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What the part about the players or te part where you're preparing for league 1?

I spoke to a couple of palace lads the other night and they seem pretty confident that you're having a fire sale(no furniture store pun intended!) and that all your best players are being sold off for a decent price now so they don't go on the cheap when u enter Administration in October.

Funny, I thought CPFC2010 had shedloads of money?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
£1m for Ambrose

1. No football club pays full amount of cash upfront now adays its in installments and addons, so I doubt your get close to the 2M right away for Clyne
2. as for Ambrose I think your getting 250K upfront (which is where the rumour of you slling him started at) then again all the rest will be addons.
3. Looks about right for Scannell
4.No way is Moses getting sold for 10M :lol:

Jan 31, 2012
Including Patrick Agyemang, Izale Mcleod and Chris Iwelumo.

Christ :lolol:

Preparing life for League 1 already I see !

Must admit, pretty poor considering the players that posters on here think you're going to sign, Heskey, Owen, Frimpong........and even Raul I just read..........really :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

matt

Mar 19, 2007

Taking into account what has happened to Palace (amongst others) in the past, do you not feel a little worried that you are, once again, spending or planning to spend beyond your means?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here