Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Palace are after

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
17th was the lowest we had been all season, remember. Clyne had an offer from Newcastle and for some reason turned it down to join Southampton. It's pretty clear that he was the dog's bollocks, and he will do very well for Saints.

Our form in the first half of the season was absolutely fantastic. We were comfortably inside the top 6 and looking good. Then Jon Williams got injured :(
Whilst you continue to overestimate the ability of your players, I can see you having a very disappointing time of it next season.

Moses was supposed to be amazing, joins Wigan. Clyne is the future of English defending, joins Southampton. Ambrose, the man with the best left foot in the league, leaves for Birmingham..........I appreciate that you are loyal to your club and players, its to be applauded, but don't you sometimes think that the billing that you give them might be a little ott?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Scannell and Ambrose were not two of our four best players. Both of them made most of their appearances from the bench last season.

Our 5 best players last season were Speroni, Clyne, Zaha, Williams and Jedinak. We've lost one of those.

Williams played 14 games and got 2 assists and 0 goals, yet he was one of your best players last season?! Admittedly he is a player with a lot of potential, but seriously?
Just read about him on wiki- the delusion of Palace fans is INCREDIBLE

"He is considered one of the best young players on Crystal Palace's books, and is known for his excellent ball control, passing abilities and vision drawing comparisons to Barcelona FC star Andres Iniesta. He has attracted interest from Premier League clubs, such as Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool [2] [3] ."

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Thing is, we've got a player in Will Buckley who averaged 1 goal every 2 starts as a winger. That's pretty bloody impressive. But none of our fans are wanking over how incredible he is, how much he's worth, and all the rest of it. Zaha gets 6 goals in a full season and is the next Maradonna, Buckley got 8, in 16 starts.

Likewise, Forster Caskey got 2 goals in 5 games last season. A third of the amount Zaha got, in an eighth as many games :lol:

Oh, and JFC is 2, yes TWO years younger.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Williams played 14 games and got 2 assists and 0 goals, yet he was one of your best players last season?! Admittedly he is a player with a lot of potential, but seriously?
Just read about him on wiki- the delusion of Palace fans is INCREDIBLE

"He is considered one of the best young players on Crystal Palace's books, and is known for his excellent ball control, passing abilities and vision drawing comparisons to Barcelona FC star Andres Iniesta. He has attracted interest from Premier League clubs, such as Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool [2] [3] ."

He will be a very good player ,the big clubs should be watching him

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Whilst you continue to overestimate the ability of your players, I can see you having a very disappointing time of it next season.

Moses was supposed to be amazing, joins Wigan. Clyne is the future of English defending, joins Southampton. Ambrose, the man with the best left foot in the league, leaves for Birmingham..........I appreciate that you are loyal to your club and players, its to be applauded, but don't you sometimes think that the billing that you give them might be a little ott?

Moses IS amazing. Hence why Chelsea have had a bid accepted and are now in talks to sign him.
Clyne had an offer from Newcastle, for some reason turned it down and joins Southampton.

I notice you don't mention Zaha or Williams?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Mod: abusive post removed.

We have already turned down £5m for Zaha. Clearly he's worth a very large amount of money.

So yes, I am going to continue thinking that everything you just said (with the exception of the state of Selhurst) is bullshit :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Moses IS amazing. Hence why Chelsea have had a bid accepted and are now in talks to sign him.
Clyne had an offer from Newcastle, for some reason turned it down and joins Southampton.

I notice you don't mention Zaha or Williams?
They haven't been sold yet. I wonder where they'll end up Man City, Man United.....or Norwich?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Buckley is better than Zaha.

Buckley isn't worth five million.

Buckley scored less goals and got less assists than Zaha last season. Buckley is three years older than Zaha.
How, exactly, is Buckley a better player? Also, why have no £5m bids been rejected for Buckley?

I think the only logical conclusion you can draw is that Buckley is not as good as Zaha. The blindingly obvious fact is that Zaha's potential is far greater than Buckleys.

At 22, Buckley is doing reasonably well in a midtable Championship team like Brighton. If Zaha is still in the Championship by the time he reaches 21 I will donate £100 to the REMF.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Would you care to point out a better forward than Zaha, or a better defender than Clyne?

I really can't see it myself.
Must admit Zaha is good................................................................................at diving....fall over a cigarette paper....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Buckley scored less goals and got less assists than Zaha last season. Buckley is three years older than Zaha.
How, exactly, is Buckley a better player? Also, why have no £5m bids been rejected for Buckley?

I think the only logical conclusion you can draw is that Buckley is not as good as Zaha. The blindingly obvious fact is that Zaha's potential is far greater than Buckleys.

At 22, Buckley is doing reasonably well in a midtable Championship team like Brighton. If Zaha is still in the Championship by the time he reaches 21 I will donate £100 to the REMF.

Facts right....10th is above midtable and 17th is terrible....you go on about reaching the top six....when we were TOP for a while you then blame your descent on one injury of Williams......yet you have the greatest forward and fullback in the division....explain please...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Zaha, 40 Apps 6 Goals 2 Assists
Buckley, 29 Apps 8 Goals 4 Assists

OUCH.

Just another case of Chrystal Phallace overestimate the ability and value of their players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here