Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace still have over 3k unsold tickets for saturday despite........

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
A voice of reason. And yes you're right empty seats are disappointing for all, especially bearing in mind the ticket restrictions for your lot

Will the Crystals be in attendance on Saturday or have they also gone the PC way off no skirts and must wear tracksuit bottoms and must have boys in the gang?

For months I have refrained from responding to the numberous threads from The Major (Phallus on the BBS it would seem) about attendances, but the sheer lack of sense or any reason in most of his posts has finally compelled me to enter the mire.

BHA should be proud of their increased attendances and new stadium, of course. I visited the Amex for your first ever league defeat last season and was very impressed, having been to both the Withdean and Goldstone in the past. But, is it really any surprise you are filling 25k plus a week when there isn't another professional football club within, what, another 50 miles?

Palace are averaging a little over 15,000 in a ground which most of us acknowledge is a tip and which sits within ten miles of about another ten clubs, many in the top flight. It's absurd to continually brag your attendances are higher, given the circumstances and geographical areas both clubs are operating in, especially given the lack of alternatives near the South Coast (unless your willing to travel all the way to Fratton or St Mary's.)

I would actually argue our crowds have been comparable to teams like Birmingham and Middlesborough, both "big club" teams which suffer less competition. and in fact in the grand scheme of things I dont think they have held up too badly.

When Palace do finally redevelop Selhurst (which despite delays is going to happen, once an agreement with Sainsburys over part of the funding is finalised) I'm sure our crowds will leap up a few thousand.

But if both teams remain in the Championship I certainly have no doubt our crowds will still lag behind Brighton's. However, anyone with a modicum of common sense would understand the factors which make it this way.

Welcome to my world.:wave:

My attendance obsession is purely driven by Palace fans (on BBS & NSC) constantly banging on about how wonderful their support is when compared to the Albions and others - however, it is plainly obvious that it is poor when compared to ours . Having a small group of underage twats banging a drum, waving a flag, wearing a hoodie and bragging about how great they are does not make you a well supported Club. This group of "Ultras" :lolol:even boycott various games - which IMO is the very opposite of an ultra fan.

Go onto the BBS now and you will still see some idiots saying that Palace have the best support in the Championship. The irony of it is you cannot fill your ground (which most Palace argue is better than the Amex) even when you are on the verge of the Premiership. Unfortunately Palace have been hoisted by their own petard in regard of attendances. Get use to the banter because it's here to stay on this subject.

Your twisted logic on catchment areas also shows your lack of understanding of the subject. Sussex has a population of just over a million people - a fair proportion of which live 30 miles from Brighton and closer to Pompey & Crawley than us. Palace have a population of 6 million (South London) to drawn upon within a 10 mile radius - with Charlton , Millwall & Wimbledon as rivals . If you wish to pull in the Clubs sited North of the Thames as potential alternatives then you have to pull in the population of North London which is about another 6 million.

Whichever way you want to spin it your attendances when compared to ours are woeful. And the fact that you cannot sell out the ground unless the oppsoition fans come in numbers shows your fan base (hardcore,ultra,plastics) for what it is - tinpot. Suggest you throw us a few more tickets on Saturday as you can't sell them.

May 27, 2011
Go onto the BBS now and you will still see some idiots saying that Palace have the best support in the Championship. Measuring our "support", ie how much we get behind the team, I think it's a fair arguement. Your looking purely at quantity.

Get use to the banter because it's here to stay on this subject. I wouldn't call it banter, more like an unhealthy obsession devoid of any sensible reason.

Your twisted logic on catchment areas also shows your lack of understanding of the subject. Sussex has a population of just over a million people - a fair proportion of which live 30 miles from Brighton and closer to Pompey & Crawley than us. Palace have a population of 6 million (South London) to drawn upon within a 10 mile radius - with Charlton , Millwall & Wimbledon as rivals . You say my logic is twisted? No mention of the hugely different demographics (one of the biggest being Croydon now has a sizeable black and Asian population, the likes of which historically do not enter football grounds)and the fact you bring Crawley into the equation as an example of competition..do me a favour!

Whichever way you want to spin it your attendances when compared to ours are woeful. And the fact that you cannot sell out the ground unless the oppsoition fans come in numbers shows your fan base (hardcore,ultra,plastics) for what it is - tinpot. It's actually average compared to similar sized clubs in similar sized areas. Get a grip Phallus. QUOTE]

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

My attendance obsession is purely driven by Palace fans (on BBS & NSC) constantly banging on about how wonderful their support is when compared to the Albions and others - however, it is plainly obvious that it is poor when compared to ours . Having a small group of underage twats banging a drum, waving a flag, wearing a hoodie and bragging about how great they are does not make you a well supported Club. This group of "Ultras" :lolol:even boycott various games - which IMO is the very opposite of an ultra fan.

Go onto the BBS now and you will still see some idiots saying that Palace have the best support in the Championship. The irony of it is you cannot fill your ground (which most Palace argue is better than the Amex) even when you are on the verge of the Premiership. Unfortunately Palace have been hoisted by their own petard in regard of attendances. Get use to the banter because it's here to stay on this subject.

Your twisted logic on catchment areas also shows your lack of understanding of the subject. Sussex has a population of just over a million people - a fair proportion of which live 30 miles from Brighton and closer to Pompey & Crawley than us. Palace have a population of 6 million (South London) to drawn upon within a 10 mile radius - with Charlton , Millwall & Wimbledon as rivals . If you wish to pull in the Clubs sited North of the Thames as potential alternatives then you have to pull in the population of North London which is about another 6 million.

Whichever way you want to spin it your attendances when compared to ours are woeful. And the fact that you cannot sell out the ground unless the oppsoition fans come in numbers shows your fan base (hardcore,ultra,plastics) for what it is - tinpot. Suggest you throw us a few more tickets on Saturday as you can't sell them.

Throw you a few more tickets ?
Try to sell your allotted allocation first !
Can't shift 2600 tickets for your cup final at your nearest and dearest ? That's what you call Tinpot :clap:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
........lowering their capacity (26k) by 3,000 seats for "segregation" reasons.

So a crowd of below 20k is possible.

Reasons?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz,Does it matter?i shouldn't care if it was me and my old man as long as we don't lose to you p-icks.
Shall I dig out your last 3 or 4 matches attendances against us going back too the Goldstone 11,000 against us 14,000 against us both at the Goldstone followed by 6,500 at the s-itdean and 7,000 later on..
Your only decent gate against us was last years thanks to Tony abramovich and they be the facts take a look.

May 27, 2011
For clarification Phallus is not a childish insult, it's an old user name of a BBS poster, who was very very similar to The Major.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Throw you a few more tickets ?
Try to sell your allotted allocation first !
Can't shift 2600 tickets for your cup final at your nearest and dearest ? That's what you call Tinpot :clap:

FFS It is YOUR cup final. The 2,600 tickets sold out weeks ago. The club had a dozen tickets returned today due to fans wanting to sit in the luxury of watching the game in one of the executive boxes made available for the beamback at The Amex (another 1,000 watching the silky skills of the blue and white stripes whilst avoiding the stench of Smellhurst)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

This is an impressive obsession you have,

May 27, 2011
Yea right. Like anyone here cares.

For those that do care an example of The Major trolling on the BBS in 2010...

Crystal Phallus
Banned by Moderators

The fading of the 5,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to go all biblical on you but I’ve just seen the official NUMBERS for the Palace away support at Middlesbrough today - 505 !!!!! (five hundred and five)

What has happened to the other 4,500 of you JONAHS that went to Sheffield earlier in the year ! Talk about an EXODUS. How the teams heart must sink when they run out to see that few in a ground that holds over 30,000.

What a RELEVATION. Should you sink to the lower leagues how many will you take to Hartlepool and Carlisle. It would seem you have got the team you deserve at the moment.

LAMENTATIONS indeed !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
FFS It is YOUR cup final. The 2,600 tickets sold out weeks ago. The club had a dozen tickets returned today due to fans wanting to sit in the luxury of watching the game in one of the executive boxes made available for the beamback at The Amex (another 1,000 watching the silky skills of the blue and white stripes whilst avoiding the stench of Smellhurst)

Dozen ? Over 100 according to one of yours.
You going ?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

It is also your cup final, I don't know why you get so high and mighty when it comes to Palace but it's a huge game for you and I would actually say a bigger game for your fans.

It's ironic that you've slagged off Selhurst as a reason why 10% of Brighton fans wouldn't want to go for ONE match because it's such a dump but we're expected to sell over 20,000 tickets weeks in advance.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Go onto the BBS now and you will still see some idiots saying that Palace have the best support in the Championship. Measuring our "support", ie how much we get behind the team, I think it's a fair arguement. Your looking purely at quantity.

Get use to the banter because it's here to stay on this subject. I wouldn't call it banter, more like an unhealthy obsession devoid of any sensible reason.

Your twisted logic on catchment areas also shows your lack of understanding of the subject. Sussex has a population of just over a million people - a fair proportion of which live 30 miles from Brighton and closer to Pompey & Crawley than us. Palace have a population of 6 million (South London) to drawn upon within a 10 mile radius - with Charlton , Millwall & Wimbledon as rivals . You say my logic is twisted? No mention of the hugely different demographics (one of the biggest being Croydon now has a sizeable black and Asian population, the likes of which historically do not enter football grounds)and the fact you bring Crawley into the equation as an example of competition..do me a favour!

Whichever way you want to spin it your attendances when compared to ours are woeful. And the fact that you cannot sell out the ground unless the oppsoition fans come in numbers shows your fan base (hardcore,ultra,plastics) for what it is - tinpot. It's actually average compared to similar sized clubs in similar sized areas. Get a grip Phallus. QUOTE]

I really appreciate the effort that has gone into that level of detail. Can you help me understand as a Brighton fan of 23 years how this impacts the fact that you are pikey?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I browse many teams forums either when we play them or have plyed them just to get a feel about how they feel Palace played etc. (and I am quite sad)

I have never come across attendance threads anywhere except on the NSC!! Which is a shame because its one of the better football forums, its quite sad really as i think it embarasses many BHA fans.

BHA fans should be proud of thier crowds not slag other teams of about theres...I just dont get it??

May 27, 2011
How the f*** am I trolling? I posted (a considered reply) simply to respond to the crap spouted constantly about CPFC attendances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here