Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace still have over 3k unsold tickets for saturday despite........

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why is anybody bothered? Because it's a message board and they like the discussion? If you're not bothered don't post/open thread, rocket science it isn't.

I couldn't care less about how many tickets have been sold to home fans at another club's ground..Palace or anyone else. Thanks for not caring enough to reply.

The only thing that matters is what Albion do on the pitch. That's them told then.

I still wonder about why people post to a thread purely to say they don't care? :drama:

I also don't understand why Palarse trolls post the bleeding obvious... we only sold just over 20k tickets at the 'mex last season... seriously? Thanks for that Einstein.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure they will reach 21,000 or so after a bit of a struggle, but all this really demonstrates is that Palace need a new ground. Back in the 70s and 80s, people would put up with shit facilities mainly because they were able to stand and also because they were paying £5 to get in. Nowadays, the cost of football is treble what it was (in real terms).

The same hardcore support that used to put up with shit facilities will still go, but there are a fair proportion of punters who are more discerning about where to spend their cash when a family day at the football is now at least £70. So let them chuckle at our emptying stands on 87 mins, or the Liverpool/Chelsea "fans" who are now watching the Albion as season ticket holders but the fact is, our set up is far superior to theirs. In the past two seasons, Palace v Millwall has attracted 15,000, 16,000 and Palace v Brighton has attracted 17,000 and now maybe 21,000. These are pitiful gates for their biggest games. I suppose they might get similar for Charlton for the Nigel v Norman derby, but only if they give the Normans more than the feeble 2,600 we've been allocated.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm sure they will reach 21,000 or so after a bit of a struggle, but all this really demonstrates is that Palace need a new ground. Back in the 70s and 80s, people would put up with shit facilities mainly because they were able to stand and also because they were paying £5 to get in. Nowadays, the cost of football is treble what it was (in real terms).

The same hardcore support that used to put up with shit facilities will still go, but there are a fair proportion of punters who are more discerning about where to spend their cash when a family day at the football is now at least £70. So let them chuckle at our emptying stands on 87 mins, or the Liverpool/Chelsea "fans" who are now watching the Albion as season ticket holders but the fact is, our set up is far superior to theirs. In the past two seasons, Palace v Millwall has attracted 15,000, 16,000 and Palace v Brighton has attracted 17,000 and now maybe 21,000. These are pitiful gates for their biggest games. I suppose they might get similar for Charlton for the Nigel v Norman derby, but only if they give the Normans more than the feeble 2,600 we've been allocated.

Agree, if they had a stadium like ours they may be able to flog a few more tickets for the tracksuit stand.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
They are running scared

Yep, that's it, you got it in one.

And well done Major, yet another attendance thread, think your obsession now is a bit worrying to be honest. And you do realise there is another 2 days of sales left and only just over 2000 tickets to sell? So this thread is a bit of an epic fail isn't it mate :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And you do realise there is another 2 days of sales left and only just over 2000 tickets to sell? So this thread is a bit of an epic fail isn't it mate :lol:
It's not though, is it? Our ground holds 28,000 and will be nearly 30,000 by the time you play us. Whatever it is, you can expect it to be sold out well before the previous Thursday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually agree with the Palace fans who think it is a bit ridiculous some of our (clearly) younger fans going on about attendances. When we have averaged 25,000 for 5/10 years, then start lording it over Palace. Until then remember they had bigger crowds for about 25 years.

But this match is a different issue. Palace may and try and weasel out of it blaming the police, but they very deliberately tried to limit the away attendance, when a lot more people (certainly 4,000) would have gone.

To then see 3-4,000-plus empty spaces shows what a pathetic decision that was.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's not though, is it? Our ground holds 28,000 and will be nearly 30,000 by the time you play us. Whatever it is, you can expect it to be sold out well before the previous Thursday.

Yes, because you have a bigger fan base wishing to attend games at present time due to the new stadium and newish division you are playing in. Do you lot seriously think our crowds wouldn't increase significantly with a recent promotion and a brand new luxury stadium? Come on guys, of course they would.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yes, because you have a bigger fan base wishing to attend games at present time due to the new stadium and newish division you are playing in. Do you lot seriously think our crowds wouldn't increase significantly with a recent promotion and a brand new luxury stadium? Come on guys, of course they would.

Are you disappointed that despite being top and having one of the most exciting young players in the league that you still only got 16k for Derby? Is it only promotion to the premier league that will get some of the stayaways back?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course. And if you bothered to read my first post on this thread, you would see that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I actually agree with the Palace fans who think it is a bit ridiculous some of our (clearly) younger fans going on about attendances. When we have averaged 25,000 for 5/10 years, then start lording it over Palace. Until then remember they had bigger crowds for about 25 years.

But this match is a different issue. Palace may and try and weasel out of it blaming the police, but they very deliberately tried to limit the away attendance, when a lot more people (certainly 4,000) would have gone.

Spot on once again. That stand holds 6,500. Even giving us the right half of the stand would have meant over 3,000 Albion there, and a perfectly adequate buffer zone. 2,600 is utterly feeble considering Palace are struggling to sell out the home areas.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Are you disappointed that despite being top and having one of the most exciting young players in the league that you still only got 16k for Derby? Is it only promotion to the premier league that will get some of the stayaways back?

I was disappointed to be honest. If we can maintain it near the top though I think the crowds will creep up to 18-19,000 towards the run in. But it should be more, just 5 years ago we would be getting 22,000 if we were in this position. But you only have to look at most sides in this division, pretty much all gates are dropping.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Palace didn't want 4,500 Albion fans in the ground to show up the Nigel's feeble support , end of.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I still wonder about why people post to a thread purely to say they don't care? :drama:

I also don't understand why Palarse trolls post the bleeding obvious... we only sold just over 20k tickets at the 'mex last season... seriously? Thanks for that Einstein.

That's me put in my place!

My apologies for being such a complete idiot.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

4,000 is far too low a number to quote when we have sold out all allocations over the years, the highest being 5,500 & we would go over that if given the chance
Since the new stadium has been built you can almost hear the heightened levels of insecurity being transmitted down the A27 & I love the fact that they would rather turn down 6,000 x £35 than 'lose' their 'home' advantage

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011

I think you're reading too much into it, for many it's just banter/winding them up. We (and they) do the same when we are higher in the league (as you'll see in a month or so :D) despite them being above us in league terms for most the last decade or two as well, it's just what happens between rivals. Just a bit of fun.

Other than Palace for winding up/banter purposes, I would not criticise another club for their attendances, however there's nothing wrong with enjoying having large attendances at the Amex given what we've had to put up with for the past 20+ years!!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I have a feeling you might be right but I'm sure the Palace that have infected this board will give you many reasons why they can't sell out their cup final.:lol:

I'm sure the fact that we only had 20,000 tickets sold two days before the game will be a great comfort to you if we beat you. Again.

Look at attendances as much as you want. I'll just keep looking at that league table.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I have a feeling you might be right but I'm sure the Palace that have infected this board will give you many reasons why they can't sell out their cup final.:lol:
An easy game, 3 points in the bag, better off going to tougher games like Peterborough etc. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here