Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in the shit again

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes absolutely Palace have really established themselves in the premiership. Oh hang on they just missed out on diving into the third tear last season & not likely to go back anytime soon.
But its nice to think you believe we need pointers on the premiership, perhaps in a couple of seasons we will ask for advice off much larger london clubs like Charlton!!

Don't want to tier you off a strip but it's tierfully obvious that you don't know what you're going on about. Everyone learns from other clubs, even those like us who admittedly have gone off the rails once or twice..as have you.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't want to tier you off a strip but it's tierfully obvious that you don't know what you're going on about. Everyone learns from other clubs, even those like us who admittedly have gone off the rails once or twice..as have you.

Gone off the rails? Into admin?

We've never done that.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

oh no please please "dont tier me off a strip" I dont believe you are talking English.
Im not sure if its language you use in the big fat gypsy caravan parks, but I dont understand you sorry.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes absolutely Palace have really established themselves in the premiership. Oh hang on they just missed out on diving into the third tear last season & not likely to go back anytime soon.
But its nice to think you believe we need pointers on the premiership, perhaps in a couple of seasons we will ask for advice off much larger london clubs like Charlton!!

Just trying to speak your corrupted lingo, "tier" for "tear" geddit?

No of course you can't. You've all had an irony by-pass. And in the first thread on this probably a truth by-pass as well. Any reference yet to a newspaper report?

On second thoughts, I wouldn't trust that either, especially not the "Argus".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Beeney near though, haven't you...

yep, and took the honourable route to stay within our means and suffered for years because of it.

really dont know why a palace fan is spending so much time here, really should be worrying more about the poor season ticket sale, lack of investment in playing or the shit ground at Selhurst.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Beeney near though, haven't you...

Yes, close. But we still haven't.

We had our ground sold out from under us, went to play home games in Gillingham, came home to play in a tiny little athletics stadium and then won a couple of league titles. All without going into admin.

You, in that time, have been into admin twice and still achieved a grand total of f*** all. And now you're worried because we have a bona fide lifetime fan as our chairman (billionaire too fyi) who has paid for our stadium that WILL make this club self funding in time and you've got nothing, NOTHING, to shout about.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Just trying to speak your corrupted lingo, "tier" for "tear" geddit?

No of course you can't. You've all had an irony by-pass. And in the first thread on this probably a truth by-pass as well. Any reference yet to a newspaper report?

On second thoughts, I wouldn't trust that either, especially not the "Argus".

Ah got you...i didnt spot it, brilliant....
You keep on saying about the "Argus" if you hate it that much dont buy it!
Or go & live in an area where you dont see it, let me think oh yeah Croydon (arsehole of Surrey), you could move there from your current location of "the coast"
disconcertingly vague eh, or is it you are too embarassed to say when you on message boards with your caravan club members

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Going into admin again.

1.NEW OWNERS HAVE NOT GOT A POT TO PISS IN
2.GROUND ABOUT TO BE CONDEMED BY LOCAL COUNCIL
3.GLEN MURRAY HAS NOT BEEN PAID
4.MANAGER WANTS THEM TO BE CHELSEA FEEDER CLUB, IN TALKS WITH ABRAMOVICH AS I TYPE, IT IS THIS OR BUST FOR THEM.
5. ALREADY £5.50 IN DEBT AND CANNOT REPAY.

Now I don't want them to go to the wall f***ing paupers that they are, so how about a whip round to clear this £5.50 debt.

Quotes please. Wheres the beef

Shells1983

Nov 2, 2009
East Grinstead
Oh do behave. You don't know ANYTHING about how well run your club is as it has only relatively recently been taken over, yet again, by the latest rabble of shady businessmen. Just because you're not doing very much in the transfer market, does not by definition make you a well run club. Your squad, as a whole, is blatantly on more wages than our squad and yet you don't have anywhere near the income that we now do.

CMS is NOT on this ludicrous £22k weekly figure. This is clearly made up to try and make you feel better about the fact that Palace are the little club now. Your season ticket sales (which, lets not forget are HALF of what we've sold) bring in approximately £4.5m and then you have the ENORMOUS expense of your relegation fodder squad's wages on top of the money it costs just to keep Selhurst open. You're not a profitable business at the moment which is why you keep going bankrupt, changing owners and shafting your creditors. You need proper investment, a new ground and some time lower down the football league pyramid so you can jettison the high earners and spend within your means for a change.

You're absolutely DESPERATE for this not to be happening. You CANNOT STAND the way things are coming together for our club and what makes it worse is that we've done it all the right way, having endured far too many years struggling to get by in the face of such adversity. Do you have any idea what a f***ing BALLACHE getting the permission for our new stadium was? It took an age, stupid amounts of money and a hell of a lot of fighting. It was hard work, but the day has FINALLY come when the work has paid off and we can enjoy what, frankly, we all deserve.

If Palace were to build a new stadium there'd be no problem getting permission as unlike the city of Brighton & Hove where brown belt land is hard to come by, the whole area around Selhurst and beyond is a total shitpit in desperate need of regeneration. No worries about greenbelt land or areas of outstanding natural beauty. There is no beauty. Just slums and concrete and wasteland and dickheads.

But does the club even own that rotting cowshed Selhurst?

You're a long way from being where we are now, but it hasn't happened to us overnight and you should just be grateful for the years of superiority you got to enjoy. Accept it with good grace, go away, and perhaps one day in the distant future you can come crawling back on a more even playing field again. Until then please give up this PATHETIC act of scrabbling around in the mud for any crumbs of solace you can find, even if they are entirely made up facts that you see fit to present to us.

You never know, you might even enjoy being the underdogs. After all, we managed to do your lot when we were the minnows

Good hit!!!! now maybe the smeggy sons of selhurst will crawl back to where they came from!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But in the end we have been saved by a wealthy businessman who has paid for the stadium.

But without Tony Bloom's money (whih is very much appreciated, don't get me wrong), there would be no stadium, probably no Gus and certainly no Mackail-Smith.

I find this interesting. I don' recall Dick Knight ever saying unless Tony stumps up the cash we're buggered. Precisely how Knight and Perry were going to fund the ground after planning permission was granted was uncertain at the time, although the inference from them was an amalgamation of funding from naming rights, grants and bank loans.

Are you saying the bank weren't prepared to lend the Albion sufficient capital to build the stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here