Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in the shit again

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we use an online bookie, like BetFair, to set up a bet between Palace and Brighton fans? It seems that both sets of fans are confident they're going to finish above their rival - it would be nice if everyone could put their money where their mouth is.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Can we use an online bookie, like BetFair, to set up a bet between Palace and Brighton fans? It seems that both sets of fans are confident they're going to finish above their rival - it would be nice if everyone could put their money where their mouth is.

All proceeds to REMF? I would be up for that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All proceeds to REMF? I would be up for that
I've never used Betfair, I don't know if I'm being naive - can you just post a bet for say £20 or £100, that we will finish above Palace, even money, and let one of their supporters take up the bet?

I was actually just thinking the winners would keep the winnings - if those winners can afford it, they can give the money to charity.

Can such a bet be created?

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Marvellous bile on this thread. We truly have forgotten about the Saints.

I understand Murray only joined Palarse as a dare?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The difference in quality between us and Palarse is they sign a Norwegian international yet we sign a Dutch international called Bergkamp.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh do behave. You don't know ANYTHING about how well run your club is as it has only relatively recently been taken over, yet again, by the latest rabble of shady businessmen. Just because you're not doing very much in the transfer market, does not by definition make you a well run club. Your squad, as a whole, is blatantly on more wages than our squad and yet you don't have anywhere near the income that we now do.

CMS is NOT on this ludicrous £22k weekly figure. This is clearly made up to try and make you feel better about the fact that Palace are the little club now. Your season ticket sales (which, lets not forget are HALF of what we've sold) bring in approximately £4.5m and then you have the ENORMOUS expense of your relegation fodder squad's wages on top of the money it costs just to keep Selhurst open. You're not a profitable business at the moment which is why you keep going bankrupt, changing owners and shafting your creditors. You need proper investment, a new ground and some time lower down the football league pyramid so you can jettison the high earners and spend within your means for a change.

You're absolutely DESPERATE for this not to be happening. You CANNOT STAND the way things are coming together for our club and what makes it worse is that we've done it all the right way, having endured far too many years struggling to get by in the face of such adversity. Do you have any idea what a f***ing BALLACHE getting the permission for our new stadium was? It took an age, stupid amounts of money and a hell of a lot of fighting. It was hard work, but the day has FINALLY come when the work has paid off and we can enjoy what, frankly, we all deserve.

If Palace were to build a new stadium there'd be no problem getting permission as unlike the city of Brighton & Hove where brown belt land is hard to come by, the whole area around Selhurst and beyond is a total shitpit in desperate need of regeneration. No worries about greenbelt land or areas of outstanding natural beauty. There is no beauty. Just slums and concrete and wasteland and dickheads.

But does the club even own that rotting cowshed Selhurst?

You're a long way from being where we are now, but it hasn't happened to us overnight and you should just be grateful for the years of superiority you got to enjoy. Accept it with good grace, go away, and perhaps one day in the distant future you can come crawling back on a more even playing field again. Until then please give up this PATHETIC act of scrabbling around in the mud for any crumbs of solace you can find, even if they are entirely made up facts that you see fit to present to us.

You never know, you might even enjoy being the underdogs. After all, we managed to do your lot when we were the minnows

Fuckin' Amen

Oct 25, 2003
I've never used Betfair, I don't know if I'm being naive - can you just post a bet for say £20 or £100, that we will finish above Palace, even money, and let one of their supporters take up the bet?

I was actually just thinking the winners would keep the winnings - if those winners can afford it, they can give the money to charity.

Can such a bet be created?

ah, but the bet from the palace side is that they will finish ATLEAST THREE places above us

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
ah, but the bet from the palace side is that they will finish ATLEAST THREE places above us
Surely that's just the odd big mouth, and you'll find plenty of Brighton fans that think we'll finish well above Palace. I'd take the bet at one place, and I think quite a few fans from both sides would. It would be great fun, bets could be as little as £10/£20, and add more spice to the season. When was the last time both sets of fans thought they'd finish above each other? The last few seasons we were in the Championship we knew we'd be up against it. We could have a few hundred of us with £20 each on it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes. At least 3 places higher.

Bloody hell Al, that means you'll actually finish next season two off the bottom of the Premiership, well done!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a brilliant transfer window! Sign your rivals best goalscorer, then 3 first team internationals and a Europa League regular. We've got "the next Hernandez" on trial after his Spuds move collapsed, and South Africas best defender set to sign tomorrow.

What a brilliant job Dougie and 2010 have done. You lot still talking about a lack of investment?

Investment...a load of frees and rejects....get real!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My conspiracy theory is the CPFC2010 consortium dont want to dip into their own pockets and spend their own cash on a new stadium , so they'll try and do it all on finance (providing investors will want to loan them any money). They can easily resolve the issue by struggling all season and then find themselves in the relegation zone shortly before the end of April (is this deja-vu?) to make it look kosher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here