Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in the shit again

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I see we have signed another international today!

Crystal Palace are delighted to announce the signing of Norwegian international Jonathan Parr for an undisclosed fee from Aalesund.

The 22 year old has signed a three year deal, becoming Dougie Freedman's fourth signing of the summer, and will be registered as a Palace player from Monday 25th July.
Crystal Palace | News | Latest | Latest | Parr Becomes An Eagle

Jan 30, 2008

Crystal Palace are delighted to announce the signing of Norwegian international Jonathan Parr for an undisclosed fee from Aalesund.

The 22 year old has signed a three year deal, becoming Dougie Freedman's fourth signing of the summer, and will be registered as a Palace player from Monday 25th July.
you're easly pleased , don't you tire of trying to big up your tin pot outfit ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
What a brilliant transfer window! Sign your rivals best goalscorer, then 3 first team internationals and a Europa League regular. We've got "the next Hernandez" on trial after his Spuds move collapsed, and South Africas best defender set to sign tomorrow.

What a brilliant job Dougie and 2010 have done. You lot still talking about a lack of investment?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
you're easly pleased , don't you tire of trying to big up your tin pot outfit ?

Well, we did beat QPR, Swansea, Leicester and a few others to his signature. He was convinced by the ambition of the board, Freedmans attitude and and the signings we've made so far. Happy days!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd be a lot less pleased if we had beaten you to CMS' signature. But no-one else wanted that for the price did they?
QPR/Warnock did , West 'am did and Leicester did but offered less wages

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

How desperate can you get? He had a song in the 80's with St Elmo's Fire! He must be knocking on 60! Still better than half your squad though!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ooh, touchy! Maybe you are realising you aren't the big fish you think you are. You are going to struggle next season, and you know it.

Big Fish? Not us, most of us are expecting mid-table - which is a vast improvement on our expectations from our last visit to this division!

I expect you're going to run away with the league given the number of internationals that you've signed though :thumbsup:

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Ooh, touchy! Maybe you are realising you aren't the big fish you think you are. You are going to struggle next season, and you know it.

When have we said we are a big fish? this is all new to us and we are enjoying it and why not. We are on the up and new home, one of if not the best young managers outside the Premier league.

If we struggle we struggle but whatever we will finish above you, our squad is coming together very nicely and maybe more to come.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well, we did beat QPR, Swansea, Leicester and a few others to his signature. He was convinced by the ambition of the board, Freedmans attitude and and the signings we've made so far. Happy days!

Nah, He just knew he had a better chance to get a regular place in a shit team who have had to fight relegation for the last two years, unlike the other three teams interested.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Well done. Is he any good then?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well done. Is he any good then?

Here is what a Norway fan thinks of him. I think we should be scared if gets a cross in, if you are sitting behind the goal.
Originally Posted by Aalesund
Hi all!

As a Aalesund-fan I find this thread quite amusing and funny to read!

First of all, no need to be afraid that some other club will pick him up straight infront of you. Parr is a 100% profesional, and when he's said to the norwegian media that he has choosen Palace, then he has! I guess he wants to play as much as possible, and that would be easier to do in Palace than in QPR, Swansea, West Ham and so on. (no disrespect!)
Also you already got Steffen Iversen and the club is based in London. Infact I would've picked Palace aswell if I was the player!

Something that might be a problem is that it looks like some of you believe that you're signing the new Gareth Bale. You're not. Not all all actually. They both got the pace, but the different is that when Bale is running down the left he still delivers the best crosses in the world without even slowing down. Parr almost needs to stop up before crossing, and then his crosses normally ends up behind the goal.

Let me try to list up both positives and negatives with Jonathan Parr.

Positive:
*100% profesional and always working his socks of
*Excellent cross when he's having a good game
*Decent finish
*Hard to get past when its one vs one

Negative:
*Crap first touch and generally crap technical abilities
*Crap crosses when he's having a less good game
*Crap defending when it comes to set pieces and defending that needs more of a brain than just stopping one guy coming at you

I find it hard to compare the Norwegian PL and the Championsship, but I got a feeling that the game is faster over there and I'm quite worried on Parrs behalf when it comes to his technical abilities. His first touch would never survive in the Premier League, and the only way it works out in norway is beacuse the game is so slow over here. Hopefully he will adapt, but I'm pretty sure it will be a problem in the start.

If Parr finds back to the form that he had for us last summer he will be a great signing for you. For a couple of months his crosses were world class all the time and his defending actually looked like proper defending. He also had a great period as left wing in 2008. The rest of the time he's been more like "meeeh" for us, and to be honest I believe that Aalesund got better looking prospects for the future than Parr.

Having said all this, I really really hope he will be a great success for your club. He is a great guy, always giving 100% and always got time for the fans. Hopefully he will adapt to the english game from day one and piss on all the negatives I now pulled up from the hat.

Good luck to both Palace and Parr!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here