Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in the shit again

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Can't wait for the first time the Palace pikies see him play.......will be hilarious!!!!

HH, considering he was your 2nd best player last year, what does this say about the rest of your squad?! ???

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
That's probably because most of CPFC's supporters live there and they've decided to watch Crawley Town instead this year.

Season tickets are up on last year me old mucker, it's a great time to be a Palace fan.Not as good as your sales but at least it's our own fans attending!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
They've just released their new away kit as well

:facepalm epic fail :-(

bah image hosting is shocking when your at work :-(

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

Oi palarse... Brighton are back, Brighton are back, HELLO!:rave:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
They've just released their new away kit as well

:facepalm epic fail :-(

I like it. I can just see it now as Murray lashes in his 3rd on 27/09/11, the hoards of Palace in attendence singing "It's just like watching Brazil!" :bigwave:

D

Deleted member 18477

Season tickets are up on last year me old mucker, it's a great time to be a Palace fan.Not as good as your sales but at least it's our own fans attending!

Jesus f***ing Christ! :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

Morning, I thought you were really struggling to sell season tickets & got free billboard posters put up.
Anyway without mindless bitching, where do you think Palace will finish in the league? I wont do the usual & say administration.
Do you think you will finish higher than the Albion? :bhasign:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
cpfc away kit.JPG

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Morning, I thought you were really struggling to sell season tickets & got free billboard posters put up.
Anyway without mindless bitching, where do you think Palace will finish in the league? I wont do the usual & say administration.
Do you think you will finish higher than the Albion? :bhasign:

Both teams around 12th-16th.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wow - so much sound and fury, so few facts. My opinions, for what they are worth (probably not much):

Whether Palace are "well-run" or not, my information is that the owners are indeed short of cash. This comes from a Palace-supporting journo friend of mine with excellent contacts inside the club. So I'm not saying that's gospel, just showing my working. On which subject ...

Why does anyone think "BBC journalists" know the details of Mackail-Smith's salary? I very much doubt whether MS or anyone at the club told them. More likely a few people sat around, said "What shall we say he's on?" and agreed a figure that didn't sound too outlandish. I regret to tell you that this sort of thing does happen.

Have Albion really "done things the right way"? True, we went on marches, we signed petitions, we suffered at Gillingham and Withdean. But in the end we have been saved by a wealthy businessman who has paid for the stadium.

Fortunately he's a bona fide Albion fan. But let's not pretend that we are where we are today solely because of our own efforts. They were good enough to get us back from Gillingham to Withdean and to secure planning permission for the Amex. But without Tony Bloom's money (whih is very much appreciated, don't get me wrong), there would be no stadium, probably no Gus and certainly no Mackail-Smith.

AFC Wimbledon have done things the right way, being entirely fan-owned and run. In a perfect world, I'd like us to be owned by a Seagulls' Supporters' Trust, but instead we're one of too many clubs owned by a rich bloke. Of course, while AFC can pat themselves on the back while wondering how they'll compete this season on one of the lowest wage bills in League Two, we - thanks to TB - can can contemplate finishing above Palace this season, and for many more to come.

Which is nice.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

According to your chairman you have sold a massive 8650. see his post below.

#682 04-07-2011, 06:12 AM
CPFC2010
Registered User Join Date: May 2010

In answer to the questions about numbers sold, it's impossible to tell if the posters helped but they made a lot of people feel happy when they saw them anyway... We are still hoping to have nearly 9000 season ticket holders. The number is now about 8650. Steve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here