Ot children being attacked in the classroom

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Lol. Are you serious with this?

It could make them a more rounded human being

or

It could make them fearful of going to school and anxious about interacting with adults. this could lead to behavior problems and a lack of interest in school which could then lead to self esteem problems all of which can lead to all sorts of problems in later life.

Maybe a little over dramatic but the evidence to suggest links between primary aged kids, experiences and what happens in later life is overwhelming.

Every kids has the right to feel safe at school and parents walking in to the classroom to yell at kids is not on in the slightest. I find it incredible that anyone can excuse this woman's behaviour.

The key isn't what actually happened (the incident), but what meaning macky's son draws from it (the interpretation). Macky is best using his energies to show his son that the incident doesn't necessarily mean adults are scary, school is dangerous, boys are naughty/bad, friends can't be trusted, and all the other negative conclusions it is possible to draw from the incident. If it is a half-decent school, there should be enough counter-examples.

And yes, good things can come from 'bad,' if you let them. Macky's son will never be able to master being powerful around the anger of adults / dealing with a set-back / facing the consequences of perceived 'misbehaviour' unless he has opportunities in his life to master it. The incident was an opportunity to practise all these. Education in a school? Who'd have thought it!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The key isn't what actually happened (the incident), but what meaning macky's son draws from it (the interpretation). Macky is best using his energies to show his son that the incident doesn't necessarily mean adults are scary, school is dangerous, boys are naughty/bad, friends can't be trusted, and all the other negative conclusions it is possible to draw from the incident. If it is a half-decent school, there should be enough counter-examples.

And yes, good things can come from 'bad,' if you let them. Macky's son will never be able to master being powerful around the anger of adults / dealing with a set-back / facing the consequences of perceived 'misbehaviour' unless he has opportunities in his life to master it. The incident was an opportunity to practise all these. Education in a school? Who'd have thought it!

[[/I] I can see where you are coming from But i think that maybe 8 is a bit young to feel threanted by a adult And like i said I think he has a right to feel safe in school even adults havea right to feel safe at school If a breach of the peace happens the police ask if people feel threatened My child certainly felt threatened I dont think any big crime has been committed I just feel the school should have dealt with better

macky

Dec 28, 2004
OK put it this way what would the school have done if a parent had shouted and scared a teacher in front of the class

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Learning can only happen if the person learning is equipped to learn. not many 8 year old kids are equipped to learn the lessons you are suggesting here any more than they are equipped to learn quantum physics. What happens if you try and teach someone they are not equipped to learn? Well self esteem and self confidence are certainly lowered.

I would suggest that there are better ways to teach a child the lessons you suggest than having an angry adult yelling at them when they have not been taught how to deal with it..

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
And yes i will be rebuilding my sons lost confidence But i really dont think i should have to

Yes you should !
This one of the main responsibilities of a parent, He will get many dents to his confidence in his school years, not coming first in a race, not getting in the football team,falling off his bike, not being liked by a girl he likes etc etc

Whose job do you think it is?

One of you earlier sentences summed up you mindset for me, #41 " To be honbest i see the parents as being below me "

You see then as being below you???
Below in what way, you have a better house, you have more money, lower in the food chain?
Where do you feel superior to the other parent?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Learning can only happen if the person learning is equipped to learn. not many 8 year old kids are equipped to learn the lessons you are suggesting here any more than they are equipped to learn quantum physics. What happens if you try and teach someone they are not equipped to learn? Well self esteem and self confidence are certainly lowered.

I would suggest that there are better ways to teach a child the lessons you suggest than having an angry adult yelling at them when they have not been taught how to deal with it..

Actually, it's easier for most 8 year olds to learn because they have less years being attached to their opinions than adults. Their brains are geared to learning. With a loving supportive father willing to be in conversation with him (and provide 'scaffolding' for his thoughts), Macky's son is more than equipped to tease out what the incident means and what it doesn't mean, and use it to inform his future behaviour.

While ideally no one would wish for their child to be shouted at during school, what's happened has happened. The question is, now what? There is an opportunity to learn and father and son have a chance to make the most of it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Actually, it's easier for most 8 year olds to learn because they have less years being attached to their opinions than adults. Their brains are geared to learning. With a loving supportive father willing to be in conversation with him (and provide 'scaffolding' for his thoughts), Macky's son is more than equipped to tease out what the incident means and what it doesn't mean, and use it to inform his future behaviour.

While ideally no one would wish for their child to be shouted at during school, what's happened has happened. The question is, now what? There is an opportunity to learn and father and son have a chance to make the most of it.

There are many many lessons that 8 year olds are not equipped to or ready to learn. IMHO dealing with an irate adult in your classroom shouting the odds is one of them. However,given that the incident has already happened I agree that Macky's best course of action is to try and get his son to learn from this incident. Although the things he will (hopefully) learn from this could and should have been taught in a very different way. I think Macky should also teach his son that there are ways to deal with peple such as the woman who yelled at him and that her behavior was absolutely unacceptable.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Yes you should !
This one of the main responsibilities of a parent, He will get many dents to his confidence in his school years, not coming first in a race, not getting in the football team,falling off his bike, not being liked by a girl he likes etc etc

One of you earlier sentences summed up you mindset for me, #41 " To be honbest i see the parents as being below me "
yes its my duty to do that of course no doubt But i should'nt have to because someone has taken it on thierself to burst into his class and bacialy assault him If she had not have been where she should not have been none of this would be happening he wont be crying because he loses a race

Below in what way, you have a better house, you have more money, lower in the food chain?

below me because i would not burst into a school to shout and scream at a 8 year old child i dont consider anyone to be below me in money terms But yes i think some people could be below me morally

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
There are many many lessons that 8 year olds are not equipped to or ready to learn. IMHO dealing with an irate adult in your classroom shouting the odds is one of them. However,given that the incident has already happened I agree that Macky's best course of action is to try and get his son to learn from this incident. Although the things he will (hopefully) learn from this could and should have been taught in a very different way. I think Macky should also teach his son that there are ways to deal with peple such as the woman who yelled at him and that her behavior was absolutely unacceptable.

This is why i asked this on here I'm from a place where a black eye was the norm viloence was the way to end disagreements
if iasked people in my circle of friends thats what they woul;d be advising me to do I know that wrong course i do But i just asked on here to try to get some sensible advice

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is why i asked this on here I'm from a place where a black eye was the norm viloence was the way to end disagreements
if iasked people in my circle of friends thats what they woul;d be advising me to do I know that wrong course i do But i just asked on here to try to get some sensible advice

Bloody Hell, turning to North Stand Chat for sensible advice !!!!!!

I hope you got some and I hope it all works out for you. I know it was a supply teacher that was in the room at the time but for what is it worth if someone had come into my classroom and done what that woman did I would be livid and looking to organise a meeting with all parties including the Headmaster. Have you spoken to your sons normal teacher about it? I would have thought she would have something to say about it.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Yes you should !

My son will not be crying because he comes second in a race He is competitive without being a brat about it
if he cries when he comes off his bike i know it's not a scratch He does not cry over scratches
by the time he gets to going with women Hopefully he will be mature enough by then to handle lifes knocks

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Bloody Hell, turning to North Stand Chat for sensible advice !!!!!!

I hope you got some and I hope it all works out for you. I know it was a supply teacher that was in the room at the time but for what is it worth if someone had come into my classroom and done what that woman did I would be livid and looking to organise a meeting with all parties including the Headmaster. Have you spoken to your sons normal teacher about it? I would have thought she would have something to say about it.

I know silly aint i But there has been some good advice given on here.also Some shit spoke but that is the charm of this site
As a parent i just want to try and do what is right Which is why i ask here to get replies from a wider circle
Although i do appreciate that my writing style makes it hard to understand me at times

Camicus

I know silly aint i But there has been some good advice given on here.also Some shit spoke but that is the charm of this site
As a parent i just want to try and do what is right Which is why i ask here to get replies from a wider circle
Although i do appreciate that my writing style makes it hard to understand me at times

Then stop mollie coddling Tarquin and grow a set have a word with the woman and stop your boy being naughty enough to enrage an adult to the point of losing it enough to go in to a school room to tell him off. Either shes a total nutter or your boys not as angelic as you are making him out to be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who else knew this would happen? Four (eight) pages of opinion based on conjecture.

None of us really know what went on, so how can anyone be expected to formulate an opinion. As has been said earlier on in the thread, if you are unhappy with the treatment of your child, use due process, inform the authorities and let them sort it out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

The best advice I'd give is whatever you choose to do, don't lose your rag in public and certainly not in front of any of the main protagonists. If you're the kind of bloke who starts swearing and looks like he's going to lose it when it comes to arguments with other people about your children (I'm exactly this) then the best course of action is to write to the school in the first instance and ask for their interpretation of what happened. Don't offer your opinions at this stage - just say your child was very upset and you are trying to understand what happened. Then you know exactly where they stand and you've given them nothing.

Once you've got the reply, I'd sit on it for a few days before responding. Arrange an appointment with the school head and go and see him/her directly. Take along the letter and I'd also write down precisely what you want to say and in what order you want to say it. That way you won't repeat yourself so much and you'll cover all the things you want to say. It makes you look more professional too. And that's another thing - if/when you do see the head wear a shirt and tie. I know it sounds petty but it makes you look more imposing and professional.

Go there open-minded and ready to accept the fact that you may not have been in possession of the full facts and that the truth might be somewhere between your son and this parent's account of what happened. BUT - above all else don't let them see you lose your rag. If you do then you have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere.

Best of luck matey.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Then stop mollie coddling Tarquin and grow a set have a word with the woman and stop your boy being naughty enough to enrage an adult to the point of losing it enough to go in to a school room to tell him off. Either shes a total nutter or your boys not as angelic as you are making him out to be.
Since when is trying to protect your child moolie coddling As I have said my sons behaviour had nothing to do with it She was going on about her sons behaviour I fail to see how my son can anyway be held responsible for her sons behaviour

Arun1664

Nov 2, 2009
For what its worth I was a school Gov for a while, having another Parent yell at a child in a school is not acceptable & the school know this. But there is no point in just complaing, decide what you want (an appology, corrective action, an assurance to you or your kid it wont happen, the other parent charged - what ?) once you know what you want:

a) Compalin to the form teacher - not a good enough answer?
b) Complain to the Head - not a good enough answer?
c) Complain to the local education authority - not a good enough answer?
d) Write to your MP, copy ofsted

If you want to force the issue write them a letter/email.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
The best advice I'd give is whatever you choose to do, don't lose your rag in public and certainly not in front of any of the main protagonists. If you're the kind of bloke who starts swearing and looks like he's going to lose it when it comes to arguments with other people about your children (I'm exactly this) then the best course of action is to write to the school in the first instance and ask for their interpretation of what happened. Don't offer your opinions at this stage - just say your child was very upset and you are trying to understand what happened. Then you know exactly where they stand and you've given them nothing. Thank you

Once you've got the reply, I'd sit on it for a few days before responding. Arrange an appointment with the school head and go and see him/her directly. Take along the letter and I'd also write down precisely what you want to say and in what order you want to say it. That way you won't repeat yourself so much and you'll cover all the things you want to say. It makes you look more professional too. And that's another thing - if/when you do see the head wear a shirt and tie. I know it sounds petty but it makes you look more imposing and professional.

Go there open-minded and ready to accept the fact that you may not have been in possession of the full facts and that the truth might be somewhere between your son and this parent's account of what happened. BUT - above all else don't let them see you lose your rag. If you do then you have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere.

Best of luck matey.

Thank you just to point out there is no doubt That the woman was wrong she has said as much It's more to do with how the school are handling it

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
For what its worth I was a school Gov for a while, having another Parent yell at a child in a school is not acceptable & the school know this. But there is no point in just complaing, decide what you want (an appology, corrective action, an assurance to you or your kid it wont happen, the other parent charged - what ?) once you know what you want:

a) Compalin to the form teacher - not a good enough answer?
b) Complain to the Head - not a good enough answer?
c) Complain to the local education authority - not a good enough answer?
d) Write to your MP, copy ofsted

If you want to force the issue write them a letter/email.

Ok all iwant is a appology from the parent And i want to know why the teacher was not in control of her class
I dontthink i'm asking for the earth funny thing is my son has taught me a thing or two over this His reaction as been more adult than the adults

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

or her son continually blames his for the trouble her gets into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here