Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ot children being attacked in the classroom

macky

Dec 28, 2004
True, but this woman must hae had a valid reason to be in the school ...being there to shout at someone's kid is not one, I would assume

Other than dropping her son off Neither her or her friend had any reason to be there

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
oh dear here comes the grammar police again iwas denied a education from the age of 12
which is another reason i dont want my son's education to suffer

And your points are easy to understand if you have a little bit of intelligence.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
thank you for that bit of advice In fact i would like to thank everyone for their helpful advice It's just a case if im not sure if I'm right or wrong ??

You are right mate, No parent has the right to go into a classroom and yell at your child. Your child has the right to go to school and not feel threatened by someone else's mum.

I would say you need to go through the proper channels and get this sorted, if only to show your son how to deal with these kind of situation in a mature and reasonable way. I would start with the head and if you don't get any joy there give the department of education a call and explain what has happened. From this point on document everything that is said. I am a teacher here in Aus and let me tell you that if you pull out a note pad and pen during a meeting you will find that things will start to happen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My wife and son got yelled at (mainly my wife) in the playground at his school by the mother one day and the father a couple of days later. We went to see the principal and the parents were told that if it happened again the school would take out and injunction against them. This was all over our kids arguing and fighting, they claim that my boy was bullying here and although he can be a bit of a shit sometimes (he has Aspergers and AHDH and can't let things go) all other reports suggested that the other kid went out of his way to wind up mine (not something very hard to do). So the boys apologized and agreed to stay out of each other way, we are still waiting for our promised apology from the parents.

This is why solving these disputes between the children should be left up to the school not the parents, if this woman had a problem with your boy leading hers astray (from her point of view, not suggesting this is true) then she should have gone through the school to sort it out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one here who feels this whole episode appears to have been blown completely out of proportion and that everyone should just get on with things? No?

I'll leave then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am I the only one here who feels this whole episode appears to have been blown completely out of proportion and that everyone should just get on with things? No?

I'll leave then.

No. I feel the same. Child yelled at by an adult....big deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is why solving these disputes between the children should be left up to the school not the parents, if this woman had a problem with your boy leading hers astray (from her point of view, not suggesting this is true) then she should have gone through the school to sort it out.

Interesting. Why do you feel it's the schools responsibly and not that of the parent? If this woman had an issue with the son then surely the sensible approach is for the two parents to discuss it? Why lumber the school with what are parental duties?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Likewise. The OP is overdramatising it. By his own admission his son had misbehaved and is no angel. If his son can't face someone holding him to account for his actions, he shouldn't transgress in the first place. Macky should be pleased that someone cared enough to be straight with his son, even though they weren't paid to, rather than rely on an already-stretched teacher who has 20 or so other eight-year-olds to deal with.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
No one wants their child to feel scared of coming into school but I would concur with those who suggested seeing the head or deputy. As a primary school deputy head I would look into the matter in detail and find out the full facts. Was your child dealt with inappropriately? Was the parent helping? Or stormed in? If so how? So many different questions to be answered and it would be appropriate to find out both sides of the story and talk to the children involved and those who witnessed what happened.

My advice would be (and I can appreciate how difficult it would be if it were my son) stay calm, arrange to speak to the head, express your concerns and how your son feels now. Ask the head to find out what happened and to respond to you once she/he has found out.

One last question to consider - what would you do if this had happened outside the school gates?

macky

Dec 28, 2004

I'll leave then.

I find it strange that you as a police officer Would say that I thought you would know how quickly someones temper can escalate
The woman was wound up out of control So much so that she scared the teacher How far was she from smacking my child ?
I take it that you have no children ?if i left a child with a child minder and someone stormed into her house to havea go at a child would that be ok ?

macky

Dec 28, 2004

As i said im not bothered that she screamed and yelled It's that it happened in class in front of all his class mates
How would you feel if someone screamed and yelled at you in your workplace ??

Camicus

As i said im not bothered that she screamed and yelled It's that it happened in class in front of all his class mates
How would you feel if someone screamed and yelled at you in your workplace ??

People scream and yell at me all the time when Im at work my attitude is f*** em.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Likewise. The OP is overdramatising it. By his own admission his son had misbehaved and is no angel. If his son can't face someone holding him to account for his actions, he shouldn't transgress in the first place. Macky should be pleased that someone cared enough to be straight with his son, even though they weren't paid to, rather than rely on an already-stretched teacher who has 20 or so other eight-year-olds to deal with.

suppose it was alright for saville to do what he did Because if he never someone would have done
Sorry my bad i thought a child was supposed to feel secure in school with out being bullied boy other kids let alone A adult
I have no problem wit hany one telling my child off if he is that much in the wrong But not in front of his class

macky

Dec 28, 2004
People scream and yell at me all the time when Im at work my attitude is f*** em.
I guess your lucky that you are a adult And can take it without being scared or embarrassed

macky

Dec 28, 2004
No one wants their child to feel scared of coming into school but I would concur with those who suggested seeing the head or deputy. As a primary school deputy head I would look into the matter in detail and find out the full facts. Was your child dealt with inappropriately? Was the parent helping? Or stormed in? If so how? So many different questions to be answered and it would be appropriate to find out both sides of the story and talk to the children involved and those who witnessed what happened.

My advice would be (and I can appreciate how difficult it would be if it were my son) stay calm, arrange to speak to the head, express your concerns and how your son feels now. Ask the head to find out what happened and to respond to you once she/he has found out.

One last question to consider - what would you do if this had happened outside the school gates?

I have no problem with anyone tellinhg my child of If his actions warrent it But i dont think it should be done by someone bursting into his class to do it

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
suppose it was alright for saville to do what he did Because if he never someone would have done
Sorry my bad i thought a child was supposed to feel secure in school with out being bullied boy other kids let alone A adult
I have no problem wit hany one telling my child off if he is that much in the wrong But not in front of his class

I know you probably think it's a winning formula, but mentioning Jimmy Savile is not really serving your argument on this thread. Your son has the right to express his opinion - I don't think anyone has denied that. But by the same token, so does this parent. (And so do you). So to clarify, it's not so much that someone who is not a teacher told your son off, but the fact it was done in front of the whole class that particularly upset you. Is that right?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I guess your lucky that you are a adult And can take it without being scared or embarrassed

To be honest, I think it's healthy that children get to experience the full range of human emotions at school. It'll probably make them more rounded people and help them develop resilience around things not going their way.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I know you probably think it's a winning formula, but mentioning Jimmy Savile is not really serving your argument on this thread. Your son has the right to express his opinion - I don't think anyone has denied that. But by the same token, so does this parent. (And so do you). So to clarify, it's not so much that someone who is not a teacher told your son off, but the fact it was done in front of the whole class that particularly upset you. Is that right?

what has upset me is nopt the fact she told him off It's the fact that she was in a rage And she must have been out of control to go into a class to do it in the first place The school is supposed to be somewhere a child should feel safe and secure if someone burst into my house and started shouting out of control What would happen then ? would i be over reacting ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here