Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online, phone up, or queue up?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
"The real-time ticketing system is currently operating at its full capacity of simultaneous customers." consistently, for more than an hour... I would call that not coping.

But once you get in it's fine? Would it be better if everyone was in there and it crashed?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why not have a 'queue position xx' message on the website?

At least you could click once, get connected and have a reasonable clue as to if/when you were likely to get through to apply for your tickets?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"The real-time ticketing system is currently operating at its full capacity of simultaneous customers." consistently, for more than an hour... I would call that not coping.

And the phone line just cuts off as soon as you press option 1. I just don't understand what is so difficult about this. There aren't millions of people trying to get tickets, we are an English 2nd tier football club, it's not the World Cup Final or the Olympic 100 metre final. Why cant they just get a system that works?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Put a few fans who do shift work like me on the payroll. Part time , just whenever demand is required. Don't have to pay great money, just first dibs on away tickets etc. Happy days. Club gets cheap labour when required only. They don't have to worry about agency's or sick pay etc etc. Maybe I am missing something.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm in town there's a massive queue up queens road. we went to the ground to get ours no trouble at all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Does anyone know how to get round the problem of getting instantly cut off when you "Select 1 to buy tickets" on the phone line?

Go and support a club that bother investing in a system that actually works?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Took me bloody ages trying to book my Gillingham tickets on-line this morning, just kept refreshing for about 20 minutes until i was finally able to access.
Got there in the end, but what a bloody palaver!!!

Think next time I want cup tickets, I'll just jump on the train to the Amex, it's quicker!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Took me bloody ages trying to book my Gillingham tickets on-line this morning, just kept refreshing for about 20 minutes until i was finally able to access.
Got there in the end, but what a bloody palaver!!!

Think next time I want cup tickets, I'll just jump on the train to the Amex, it's quicker!

Why are you trying to book gillingham tickets today? You have a week to secure your seat.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
That's not entirely true. After several refreshes, I made it in to the site and logged in. However on pressing "add my reserved seats", I was taken straight back to the "Due to the high volume..." screen.

NB - I'm not going to kick up a fuss or complain, the club is doing a great job and I completely understand that any site is going to struggle!

Still not going mental, but.... haven't made it back on since this incident over an hour ago. As long as Spurs doesn't sell out, all will be good in the end... deep breath...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Home cup games season ticket holders will get a time of priority and won't have to alll rush at once. Today they are selling tickets where demand should outstrip supply (though for Spurs I actually think they'll be enough to go round for STH).

Away cup games might be an issue but that's always the way.

Not sure what all the moaning is about for these, albeit at the new stadium, meaningless games.

...and they'll be able to divide people up more based on points by then. I really don't think there's a problem.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the only thing missing from the ticketing system is a queue, like the FA have. Queue, wait until you get to the front. It is pretty unreasonable to expect something like this to have 'unlimited capacity' from a cost POV, as I'd imagine once the season is underway, we are unlikely to be in many situations like this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And the phone line just cuts off as soon as you press option 1. I just don't understand what is so difficult about this. There aren't millions of people trying to get tickets, we are an English 2nd tier football club, it's not the World Cup Final or the Olympic 100 metre final. Why cant they just get a system that works?

It's the first time the system is being used and it's for meaningless games. They'll learn from this and the system should improve. Get them an chance.

There's got to be a few thousand people trying to get through into a new system, it would be a miracle if EVERYTHING worked first time.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can imagine online ticketing servers are like this!

meerkatST_450x300.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's the first time the system is being used and it's for meaningless games. They'll learn from this and the system should improve. Get them an chance.

There's got to be a few thousand people trying to get through into a new system, it would be a miracle if EVERYTHING worked first time.
Stop being reasonable chappers :angry:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think the only thing missing from the ticketing system is a queue, like the FA have. Queue, wait until you get to the front. It is pretty unreasonable to expect something like this to have 'unlimited capacity' from a cost POV, as I'd imagine once the season is underway, we are unlikely to be in many situations like this.

Yep, a queuing system like that would be so much better.

I don't really understand the logiv in putting all these tickets for sale at the same time. There are people calling up and crashing the website trying to get Gillingham tickets, for which their seats a re guaranteed for. I don't even want a Spurs ticket, I just want a SSC ticket. If they'd have staggered the games surely it would have been a lot easier?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, a queuing system like that would be so much better.

I don't really understand the logiv in putting all these tickets for sale at the same time. There are people calling up and crashing the website trying to get Gillingham tickets, for which their seats a re guaranteed for. I don't even want a Spurs ticket, I just want a SSC ticket. If they'd have staggered the games surely it would have been a lot easier?

Possibly, but there isn't a lot of time to do all of that is there? As far as I can tell nobody has missed out on a ticket yet, have they? Plus they wanted to test the system so this doens't happen again. They are ramp up events after all.

Edit: Plus you can guarantee that if Gills tickets weren't on sale now you'd still get a load of numpties trying to buy them anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here