Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online, phone up, or queue up?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's what I thought. After 45 minutes of being on hold. There are 3 answering and 4 if the manager isn't busy doing other stuff, he will help out. I know they are doing a great job and all that. But come on folks it aint rocket science. Crikey , I am on a day off. they could have paid me and I would have helped out for the day.

And have to have trained you on the system, and you would actually have to have been employed by the club anyway.

It's not often we are going to have to sell this many tickets at once, so what is the point of having so many people answering phones?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Weird, I gave up hitting refresh so switched to the phone. When I finally got through i went straight to position 2 in the queue!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's what I thought. After 45 minutes of being on hold. There are 3 answering and 4 if the manager isn't busy doing other stuff, he will help out. I know they are doing a great job and all that. But come on folks it aint rocket science. Crikey , I am on a day off. they could have paid me and I would have helped out for the day.

I think the bottom line is that if they make the telephone side too easy then more people will use it over the internet. From the clubs point of view fans buying tickets on the internet is so much cheaper. They don't want to have to pay people when the internet does it for nothing. The only problem they have is their online system is not coping very well! If they get this to work well then the telephone side is almost an irrelevance.

And have to have trained you on the system, and you would actually have to have been employed by the club anyway.

It's not often we are going to have to sell this many tickets at once, so what is the point of having so many people answering phones?

That!

Basically home cup games or the obvious play off final at Wembley next May.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am on the verge of losing my temper.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That!

Basically home cup games or the obvious play off final at Wembley next May.

Home cup games season ticket holders will get a time of priority and won't have to alll rush at once. Today they are selling tickets where demand should outstrip supply (though for Spurs I actually think they'll be enough to go round for STH).

Away cup games might be an issue but that's always the way.

Not sure what all the moaning is about for these, albeit at the new stadium, meaningless games.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

Can it really be that difficult. Would have thought 20 minutes training would do it. I think it's fair to say the 4 systems I use at work each day are a tad more difficult than a ticket system. But hey ho. I agree with Giraffe. The point I guess is that people should be using the online system. And I would too. IF I COULD GET ON THE DAMN THING

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think the bottom line is that if they make the telephone side too easy then more people will use it over the internet. From the clubs point of view fans buying tickets on the internet is so much cheaper. They don't want to have to pay people when the internet does it for nothing. The only problem they have is their online system is not coping very well! If they get this to work well then the telephone side is almost an irrelevance.

How is the online system not coping?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

You use an agency not employ then full time and 2 hours training at most surely.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Wonder what the 'capacity of simultaneous customers' is?

*still merrily refreshing*

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What they should have done is made people apply for which games they wanted, then taken the money out of their account for whichever games they got lucky for, and not told them which ones they had been successful for for a month. That system worked well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You use an agency not employ then full time and 2 hours training at most surely.

So you employ agency staff for two hours training and a days work, maybe 3 or 4 times a year at most? What if the staff you have trained aren't available next time, then you train some more? Seems a bit pointless.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Phone line disconnecting now having selected option 1

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
1 hour 40 mins of refreshing so far with no luck, cant get past pressing 1 on the phones either

I think we should form 'The Ticketing System Doesn't Like Us' club! :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here