Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Omar Deghayes to return to Brighton

Did you miss the Argus campaign that has been going on for years? It garnered many supporters in Sussex for the release of Omar Deghayes. Now it's about to happen, I expect there'll be big celebrations locally - including celebrations from people who have been backing British military intervention throughout the period of his detention.

Don't delude yourself most people in Sussex could not give shit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As for the Times article ... talk about presenting things out of context.

All that Abubaker Deghayes is actually quoted as saying is that he "endorsed the views of George Galloway" and that he considers Blair to be a political target. This is immediately twisted into linking him with an opinion that a suicide bombing could be morally justified. That's not an opinion expressed by Deghayes, but by Galloway.

It's no more valid an analysis than it would be if I claimed that someone on NSC had once agreed with an opinion expressed by Steve Coppell and this justified an insinuation that NSC is riddled with Reading supporters.

The dispute between Abubaker Deghayes and my old friend, Dr Abduljalil Sajid, is rather more complicated than the "man of terror" v "man of peace" conflict that we are invited to read into the story.

So thats ok then...... Our elected Prime Minister is a legitimate target !!!

You choose not to see any link...but my friend it is relevant

Its got to be relevant to our own security

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And if you want the views of Abduljalil Sajid on the Omar Deghaves case, try this (from the Argus):-

Imam Abduljalil Sajid, is a leading British Muslim, Imam of the Brighton Islamic Mission and chairman of the Muslim Council for Religious and Racial Harmony UK.

He knows Omar well and has made representations to the Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary on his behalf.

He recalls: "He was so caring about people, generous, gentle and so kind - completely non-violent. He helped in all sorts of ways, teaching the children, visiting the elderly and needy.

"He visited people in prison on my behalf. Whatever good work you could think of, he was ready to do it. I can't believe that this could happen to him."

Jeeeez...what would you expect him to say...... ??

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
word. Welcome home Omar. We didn't forget. I just hope you can forgive.

And of course he was completely innocent of anything. Some folks are so naive at times.

:rolleyes:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Jeeeez...what would you expect him to say...... ??

Just because they are 'cut from the same cloth', does not mean that Imam Sajid would lie or cover for this chap. They key is in the title of his position - Muslim Council for Religious and Racial Harmony UK.

Believe it or not - Not every Muslim are anti-West.

I am confused. Only last week you were condemning Sudan for their heavy handedness and sentencing the teacher to 15 days for breaking a law (depending on your intepretation of the laws), but you are condoning the incarceration of this guy, when there was no evidence to suggest he had done anything wrong (he would have been charged wouldn't he?) for FIVE YEARS.

I don't think wanting a fair and just system has anything to do with being a liberal left. Isn't the basis of democracy and our whole society focused around that? Or should we operate like the Muslim countries that so many people despise and offer an unfair trial and execution?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Big celebrations = a few soft wankers drinking a latte spouting shite. I just hope the next time there is a terrorist attack they are happy.
Yep...it really is that simple. I would be over the moon if a bus full of people got blown up because obviously me supporting the release of a man being held without being charged or being tried for 6 years implicitly confirms me as pro- Al Qaeda. :glare:

Surely the Americans should have been able to find something in that time? I'm surprised they didn't consult all the armchair conspiracy theorists here on NSC who seem to know a lot more than US intelligence on the matter.

I don't know Omar's political views or whether or not he was a member of Al-Qaeda. It just comes down to Omar being illegally detained (the spurious claim of bring a POW would be laughable if it weren't so serious) without charge and under very extreme conditions for 6 long years. That's inhumane in anybody's book and shameful.

I do find it rather baffing at times that some NSCers find no moral paradox in restricting freedoms and basic rights as a way of protecting democracy.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
And if you want the views of Abduljalil Sajid on the Omar Deghaves case, try this (from the Argus):-

Imam Abduljalil Sajid, is a leading British Muslim, Imam of the Brighton Islamic Mission and chairman of the Muslim Council for Religious and Racial Harmony UK.

He knows Omar well and has made representations to the Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary on his behalf.

He recalls: "He was so caring about people, generous, gentle and so kind - completely non-violent. He helped in all sorts of ways, teaching the children, visiting the elderly and needy.

"He visited people in prison on my behalf. Whatever good work you could think of, he was ready to do it. I can't believe that this could happen to him."

He may well have been'caring about people.................' , many politically/ religiously motivated people are, one of the 7/7 bombers was a primary school teacher FFS, but how do you explain the allegations at the Paris trial that Omar gave £1,000 to Courtailler to attend a jihad training camp in Afghanistan?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I do find it rather baffing at times that some NSCers find no moral paradox in restricting freedoms and basic rights as a way of protecting democracy.

Quite. Yet some of the same will FURIOUSLY defend their right to free speech on NSC. I guess it comes down to the same old paradox - freedom is a universal right provided you don't hail from any part of the world that can be condemned as "Towelhead Territory".

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

So because someone is "so caring" we have to fall over backwards in our effusive welcomings do we ?
I'm sure Fred West was welcoming and caring too . . .
What was he doing in a war zone - we need to know the truth. Unless you're a war reporter (which he isn't) you have no business in a war zone unless you are a sympathiser with one of the sides and as, others have said, if he's an Al Qaeda supporter we don't want him here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
When I hear a legitimate explanation why a Libyan refugee living in Brighton needs to go to Afghanistan and Pakistan then it will be the day hell freezes over.
He should be repatriated to Islamabad when he is released not Brighton.

well said Ernest.
I mean were this lot on a cheap package tour of Afghanistan and Pakistan when they were picked up.
I don't like the policies of the USA some times but they got this one right,Ok I would be the first to stand up for freedom and human rights ...................but not when these people plot against us and go there to fight us its treacherous and what I would like to know is who let them into our country in the first place,sling him back to his country of origin, or to Afghanistan if he likes it so much.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Someone with absolutely no links whatsoever with Afghanistan or Pakistan is picked up there and then bleats that he was only on a holiday.
The Argus should hang its head in shame for supporting this load of crap and so should all the hand wringing liberal beardies too.
I'm f***ing glad these wankers weren't about 60 years ago as I would be called Ernst and goosestepping around Brighton nowadays :angry::angry::angry:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Just because they are 'cut from the same cloth', does not mean that Imam Sajid would lie or cover for this chap. They key is in the title of his position - Muslim Council for Religious and Racial Harmony UK.

Believe it or not - Not every Muslim are anti-West.

I am confused. Only last week you were condemning Sudan for their heavy handedness and sentencing the teacher to 15 days for breaking a law (depending on your intepretation of the laws), but you are condoning the incarceration of this guy, when there was no evidence to suggest he had done anything wrong (he would have been charged wouldn't he?) for FIVE YEARS.

I don't think wanting a fair and just system has anything to do with being a liberal left. Isn't the basis of democracy and our whole society focused around that? Or should we operate like the Muslim countries that so many people despise and offer an unfair trial and execution?

There you have it.........total misrepresentation

Finding a likely Islamic Fundamentalist from Lybia living in Brighton in Pakistan compared to ermmmmmmmmmm ( no evidence... yeah right ).

a British Teacher calling a Teddy Bear Mohammed and being jailed....

Jeeeeeeeeez...............I feel sooo stupid ???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yep...it really is that simple. I would be over the moon if a bus full of people got blown up because obviously me supporting the release of a man being held without being charged or being tried for 6 years implicitly confirms me as pro- Al Qaeda. :glare:

Surely the Americans should have been able to find something in that time? I'm surprised they didn't consult all the armchair conspiracy theorists here on NSC who seem to know a lot more than US intelligence on the matter.

I don't know Omar's political views or whether or not he was a member of Al-Qaeda. It just comes down to Omar being illegally detained (the spurious claim of bring a POW would be laughable if it weren't so serious) without charge and under very extreme conditions for 6 long years. That's inhumane in anybody's book and shameful.

I guess the 9/11 .... London Bombs and ..... Madrid atrocities to name but a few... kinda changed the goalposts as far as Islamic Fundamentalism concerned.......

It aint about protecting democracy...its about protecting yours and mine Family.....

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I guess the 9/11 .... London Bombs and ..... Madrid atrocities to name but a few... kinda changed the goalposts as far as Islamic Fundamentalism concerned.......

It aint about protecting democracy...its about protecting yours and mine Family.....

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here