Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Omar Deghayes to return to Brighton

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You really do not need to be so much my number one fan......honest !!

As you seem to be so keen on journalists, I guess you read the articles by 'Bluenose' ??

Why oh Why you cant help to be an Omar fan is beyond me and I think you are extremely naive or very very stupid.

I have no views on Omar either way to be honest. But thanks for having a guess.

Since you have appeared on here, you have brightened up this place no end!

:bigwave::bigwave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thats just it my friend........

A Lybian Muslim with shady Islamic Fundamentalists as friends and some evidence that he himself might have terrorist links and is a likely Terrorist apologist....

Let me tell you this.........I know my Community and this is definately NOT his Community too..................

Oh yes it is. It might be a bitter pill for you to swallow, but that's the way it is.

Put it this way, you might well be a big ugly Brighton fan with Christian Fundamentalist friends who have no real desire to see justice or the rule of law meted out to anyone who you feel might or might not be someone whose you disagree with, or you could be someone who whole-heartedly agrees with the concept of torture and detention without trial in the name of religious intolerance, but the rest of us have to tolerate that kind of person living in our - sorry, my - community. But then again, you might not be.

It might be a bitter pill for me to swallow, but that's the way it is.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh yes it is. It might be a bitter pill for you to swallow, but that's the way it is.

Put it this way, you might well be a big ugly Brighton fan with Christian Fundamentalist friends who have no real desire to see justice or the rule of law meted out to anyone who you feel might or might not be someone whose you disagree with, or you could be someone who whole-heartedly agrees with the concept of torture and detention without trial in the name of religious intolerance, but the rest of us have to tolerate that kind of person living in our - sorry, my - community. But then again, you might not be.

It might be a bitter pill for me to swallow, but that's the way it is.

Dont be so silly...that is the most stupid thing you have said,,,,and you say some things.........

Our Communities are for Islamic Fundamentalist !!!

This isnt Bradford !!!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Has any real evidence been made against this guy? Doesn't look like it. So without evidence, lets not just sentence the guy. That doesn't make him someone who may or may not be dangerous, but as yet he aint guilty. Thats the whole problem with Guantanomo bay. There is never any evidence and people are sentenced without trial.

There are some very very dangerous on this planet, but lets get the evidence and try them according to our democratic principles which we supposedly cherish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont really know the ins and out of this case but I understand he was a law student who happened to be in Afghanistan at the wrong time...neither are crimes.

Also, after 5 years no charges have been tabled. This in itself says a lot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope he is not paraded about Brighton like some kind of hero and he is put on trial where he can then state his defence.

Someone will have to come up with some charges first.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, our communities are for everyone. And that includes intolerant, unthinking white bigots as well as intolerant, unthinking Muslim Fundamentalist bigots in equal measure.

Have you read The Times report.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article675998.ece

You forgetting one thing and that is that there remains a terrorsits threat from these people who link themselves to Islamic Fundamentalism, and those attacks take place within those same Communities that you wish them to be part of, now you may wish to think that your friend Omar should be welcomed back, but I suggest most dont.

Your 'white bigot' insult is typical of you guys who do not wish to take part in reasonable discussion.

The naivity already shown by the authorities by allowing such Islamic Fundamentalism to flourish unhindered has left many people of all backgrounds maimed and murdered on our own streets.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have you read The Times report.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article675998.ece

You forgetting one thing and that is that there remains a terrorsits threat from these people who link themselves to Islamic Fundamentalism, and those attacks take place within those same Communities that you wish them to be part of, now you may wish to think that your friend Omar should be welcomed back, but I suggest most dont.

Your 'white bigot' insult is typical of you guys who do not wish to take part in reasonable discussion.

The naivity already shown by the authorities by allowing such Islamic Fundamentalism to flourish unhindered has left many people of all backgrounds maimed and murdered on our own streets.

Firstly, that you present yourself as a white bigot is beyond question, so we're not going to think about debating that one. You might consider it an insult, but I am surprised at that, because you are flying your bigotry flag clear and high where everyone can see it. But that's a side issue.

Of course there remains a terrorist threat, and I support the Security Services in doing their job. If that means a slightly longer wait in the queue at airport check-in, or 28-day detention within the law, so be it. But what evidence do you have that Omar is part of that threat, aside from him being guilty of being a Muslim? That Times article makes no reference to Omar being involved in terrorism. He might be - he might not be, but the simple truth is you don't know that for a fact one way or the other. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, you're not really in a position to comment. If you are, perhaps you can enlighten us.

To you, he is guilty by association - he is a Libyan muslim who went to Pakistan who became a refugee in the UK, therefore must be guilty. No-one knows what of though - including you.

So don't even think of lecturing me about 'naivety' and 'reasonable discussion' when your entire hypothesis is based on flimsy circumstance rather than hard fact.

Present some facts, and I will apologise and withdraw my statements about your bigotry.

Last edited:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Simple question - he has refugee asylum does he not? He is NOT a British citizen. Why is the government trying to secure his release? That should be the job of Libya regardless of what they want to do to him.

There are plenty of injustices inthe world, our government isn't here to address all of them. How much money and time has been spent by the government on flying over government representation, utilising the British embassy in the states to address the situation and so on and so forth. Money spent on a Libyrian.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Simple question - he has refugee asylum does he not? He is NOT a British citizen. Why is the government trying to secure his release? That should be the job of Libya regardless of what they want to do to him.

There are plenty of injustices inthe world, our government isn't here to address all of them. How much money and time has been spent by the government on flying over government representation, utilising the British embassy in the states to address the situation and so on and so forth. Money spent on a Libyrian.

And that it is it in a nutshell but can you imagine how many greedy lawyers will be waiting to take this on. Maybe some of the handwringing apologists on here should channel their energies into something more useful.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Firstly, that you present yourself as a white bigot is beyond question, so we're not going to think about debating that one. You might consider it an insult, but I am surprised at that, because you are flying your bigotry flag clear and high where everyone can see it. But that's a side issue.

Of course there remains a terrorist threat, but what evidence do you have that Omar is part of that threat, aside from him being guilty of being a Muslim? That Times article makes no reference to Omar being involved in terrorism. He might be - he might not be, but the simple truth is you don't know that for a fact one way or the other. Unless you know something the rest of us don't, you're not really in a position to comment. If you are, perhaps you can enlighten us.

To you, he is guilty by association - he is a Libyan muslim who went to Pakistan who became a refugee in the UK, therefore must be guilty. No-one knows what of though - including you.

So don't even think of lecturing me about 'naivety' and 'reasonable discussion' when your entire hypothesis is based on circumstance rather than hard fact.

Present some facts, and I will apologise and withdraw my statements about your bigotry.

I think your mud slinging about 'white bigot' is childish and inconsistent, as discussion involves opinions and as you too cant present facts then I guess by your own childish standards that makes you a bigot too.

I have to unfortuantely go to a meeting now but look forward to returning and then I can really get stuck into you !!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think your mud slinging about 'white bigot' is childish and inconsistent, as discussion involves opinions and as you too cant present facts then I guess by your own childish standards that makes you a bigot too.

I have to unfortuantely go to a meeting now but look forward to returning and then I can really get stuck into you !!!

...the point being is there are no facts!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

He's a refugee from Libya. That means that he had to escape from Libya because he had a well founded fear of persecution there. I doubt very much that he would want to go back there (wasn't his dad executed?) and doubt even more that Libya would want to try and secure his release.

I feel a little uneasy about all of this, but its not as if he's even been accussed of anything or even that there are rumours or allegations of what he's been upto. It seems like its been a case of mistaken identity.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He's a refugee from Libya. That means that he had to escape from Libya because he had a well founded fear of persecution there. I doubt very much that he would want to go back there (wasn't his dad executed?) and doubt even more that Libya would want to try and secure his release.

I feel a little uneasy about all of this, but its not as if he's even been accussed of anything or even that there are rumours or allegations of what he's been upto. It seems like its been a case of mistaken identity.

'Abubaker Deghayes, who now runs the mosque in Brighton and whose brother Omar is a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, told an undercover reporter that he endorsed the views of George Galloway, the Respect MP, who said an attack on the prime minister by a suicide bomber could be morally justified. Deghayes said he prayed for Allah to support anyone who attacked Blair. '

I am assuming that his Broher too is a rufugee from Lybia and he has settle in weel hasnt he !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here