Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Omar Deghayes to return to Brighton

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There are three things that are clear to me from reading this thread (and before I had absolutely know idea about this guy).

1 - Bracknell and the other liberals cannot justify with any certainty he is not a AQ sympathiser or any danger to society;

2 - Big Gully cannot justify with any certainty that he is a AQ sympathiser and a danger to society (and by the way shame on those people how called him a bigot when the mods on this board let other far more bigoted comments from regular posters on this board go unpunished);

3 - Dave the Gaffer cannot argue a point for piss and does not realise when is a good time to give up (even when he might be right).

I don't know where the truth lies, but to be honest, from an outsiders point of view, a Libyan with a known AQ sympathiser brother travelling in Pakistan and Afghanistan (when he is meant to be a poor refugee) does look a bit suspect don't you think?

A decent overview....however

I have tried to be consistant saying that of course I cannot know for sure, however I am uneasy at the total acceptance of innocence, for the reasons I have argued.

And the rally cry for celebration at Omars release is not convincing.

The 'white bigot' thing was silly, I am so at ease at my comments that NEVER discriminate through colour or creed and I made it clear when discussing that we are talking about a resurgence of Islamic Extremism. I forget who made that comment but he should be more embarrassed than I am offended.

Ok................... but I am intrigued, what services do they require above and beyond the services that I and my Family require.
The organisation I work for provides accessible transport for elderly and disabled members of the community. They pay for it.

I don't know whether members of your family require the same services. If they do, I'd be happy to advise.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The organisation I work for provides accessible transport for elderly and disabled members of the community. They pay for it.

I don't know whether members of your family require the same services. If they do, I'd be happy to advise.

It just intrigued me why such services should be broken down to exclusive religious groups.

Thank you, but my Family do not require such services.......as yet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3 - Dave the Gaffer cannot argue a point for piss and does not realise when is a good time to give up (even when he might be right).

QUOTE]

You are right...lack of proper education i am afraid, I have never been able to put into words what goes through my head.

However when you try to engage in debate with some people, who do not see the other point of view, its best to back away or you end up getting frustrated and wanting to lump them - after all this is a person who called my daughter a wanker!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

QUOTE]

You are right...lack of proper education i am afraid, I have never been able to put into words what goes through my head.

However when you try to engage in debate with some people, who do not see the other point of view, its best to back away or you end up getting frustrated and wanting to lump them - after all this is a person who called my daughter a wanker!

Whoever said that is just that....a wa**er

however I am afraid you too have shown that you possess much of those endearing traits !!!

It just intrigued me why such services should be broken down to exclusive religious groups.
There's nothing exclusive about the way we provide our services. But, for example, if the Brighton & Hove Jewish Blind Society want to hire a bus from us, they can. And do.

Likewise other faith groups in Brighton... Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Methodist ....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There's nothing exclusive about the way we provide our services. But, for example, if the Brighton & Hove Jewish Blind Society want to hire a bus from us, they can. And do.

Likewise other faith groups in Brighton... Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Methodist ....

It may be an exceptionally worthwhile and brilliant idea... ......

However I never mentioned exclusive Muslim or Islamic I mentioned why does it have to be exclusively for religious groups.

Is it funded from these religions or funded from the general tax payer or paid for directly from the users. There is normally subsidy.

Hey maybe who cares as long as it delivers a worthwhile service to the most vulnerable among us .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It may be an exceptionally worthwhile and brilliant idea... ......

However I never mentioned exclusive Muslim or Islamic I mentioned why does it have to be exclusively for religious groups.

Is it funded from these religions or funded from the general tax payer or paid for directly from the users. There is normally subsidy.

Hey maybe who cares as long as it delivers a worthwhile service to the most vulnerable among us .

It doesn't. My partner's school - non-faith - utilises the transport services that Lord Bracknell provides. Even the GDC might like to take advantage of it. The point is - it's not specifically religious groups who use that transport. It's just that now and then, some groups use it who happen to belong to a church, or a synagogue, or a mosque. Or a pub.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
]The 'white bigot' thing was silly, I am so at ease at my comments that NEVER discriminate through colour or creed and I made it clear when discussing that we are talking about a resurgence of Islamic Extremism. I forget who made that comment but he should be more embarrassed than I am offended.
Twas me, and I am not in the least bit embarrassed.

You are now asking questions, and accepting certain points of view. At the time I wrote it, you were still insinuating his guilt on the back of being Libyan, a refugee and a visitor to Pakistan - and were generally dismissive of Muslims. You have since tempered and clarified your point of view, and I wouldn't necessarily call you that now.

Good grief! Even in the Libya of 1980, the assassination of a leading trade unionist was well documented - and the subject of international outrage. Amer Deghayes, Omar's father, was a very high profile individual. In 1969, he had been offered the post of Foreign Minister in Gaddafi's first government. He refused it, incidentally.

But you choose to insinuate, 27 years later, that this is a story made up (by a ten year old?) as part of a cunning plan to wage jihad.
This is a long game,maybe spanning many decades,sleepers have been planted by these bigoted nutters in the eventual belief that the crescent will one day drag us back to the dark ages, who would have thought that a primary school classroom assistant would one day become a homicide bomber and turn so many lives upside down on July 7th 2005.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/london_blasts/investigation/html/bombers.stm

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is a long game,maybe spanning many decades,sleepers have been planted by these bigoted nutters in the eventual belief that the crescent will one day drag us back to the dark ages, who would have thought that a primary school classroom assistant would one day become a homicide bomber and turn so many lives upside down on July 7th 2005.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/london_blasts/investigation/html/bombers.stm

The insinuation you are making about Omar - he is a suspicious character because he is Libyan, a devout Muslim, a visitor to another Muslim country, potential terrorist - is the same insinuation you can make about almost ANY devout Muslim (save the Libyan bit, obviously) in this country.

Is that what you are actually saying?

The insinuation you are making about Omar - he is a suspicious character because he is Libyan, a devout Muslim, a visitor to another Muslim country, potential terrorist - is the same insinuation you can make about almost ANY devout Muslim (save the Libyan bit, obviously) in this country.

Is that what you are actually saying?
I'm suspicious of Omar because I believe he may be a potential terrorist,I believe that if He is allowed to return to these shores He should be thoroughly investigated also monitored and if found(as I believe he is)to be involved in terrorism(be it islamic,fathers for justice,bader Meinhoff,or the campaign for leather sofas for paedophiles)I want the man removed from this country before he has the oppurtunity to harm Me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm suspicious of Omar because I believe he may be a potential terrorist,I believe that if He is allowed to return to these shores He should be thoroughly investigated also monitored and if found(as I believe he is)to be involved in terrorism(be it islamic,fathers for justice,bader Meinhoff,or the campaign for leather sofas for paedophiles)I want the man removed from this country before he has the oppurtunity to harm Me.

You believe he may be a potential terrorist? ???

My friend, he IS a potential terrorist, but then again, so are you and I. We all have the potential to inflict harm. What makes you believe he is more likely to do that than you or me?

The circumstancial evidence used to detain him - he is Libyan, a devout Muslim, a visitor to Muslim countries, married to an Afghan - none of it singularly or collectively even comes remotely close (let's forget ballparks here, we are not even talking same street, let alone the same postcode) to convicting him of any form of terrorism. Or potential terrorism.

Potential terrorism is not a crime - it's a state of mind. The difference in being a 'potential terrorist' and being a terrorist includes the acts of those involved in the funding, recruiting, planning and execution of terrorist atrocities. My point is, where is the evidence to assume he has ever been involved in or ever intends to be involved in any of these things? Where is the evidence to suppose he intends harm?

You want him removed because he MIGHT inflict harm?

What has Omar ever done to you NBSML? As far as I can tell he hasn't done anything to anyone. Plenty has happened to him though, his dad murdered by the Libyan government and then incarcerated for five years without charge at the West's very own home of torture.

I find all this mealy mouthed "suspicion" pretty amazing when the people making the accusations know nothing of the man whatsoever. No evidence has been forthcoming that Omar has done anything illegal at all, yet people still want to condemn him to indefinite imprisonment without due process. What kind of FREEDOM are we supposed to be defending here in our 'civilised' society.

The sum total of the argument against seems to be that his brother may or may not have implied that Tony Blair is a legitimate target for terrorists, in an article in the Times. Considering that TB is partially responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the displacement of two million from their homes, some people may well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

The plain truth is that UK citizens are infinitely less likely to die a violent death at the hands of terrorists, or have their government deposed by a foreign power than those who live in the country's that we routinely seem to invade or attack these days.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Twas me, and I am not in the least bit embarrassed.

You are now asking questions, and accepting certain points of view. At the time I wrote it, you were still insinuating his guilt on the back of being Libyan, a refugee and a visitor to Pakistan - and were generally dismissive of Muslims. You have since tempered and clarified your point of view, and I wouldn't necessarily call you that now.

Oh NO I wasn't...................

And please dont flatter yourself, I am now asking questions and accepting points of view on Lord Bracknells service to the blind and disabled of all faiths, your self delusion is impressive but just that self delusion !!!

My point remains that Omar who is a Lybian Refugee and a devout Muslim, whos Brother is Islamic Extremist at the Brighton Mosque, neither one of us know for sure why he travelled to Afghanistan and Pakistan before getting picked up by the intelligent service and sent to Guantanamo.

Suspision remains and Omars release is not cause for the celebration that you are currently advocating....

and as for you calling me a white bigot......... shameful really.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh NO I wasn't...................

And please dont flatter yourself, I am now asking questions and accepting points of view on Lord Bracknells service to the blind and disabled of all faiths, your self delusion is impressive but just that self delusion !!!

My point remains that Omar who is a Lybian Refugee and a devout Muslim, whos Brother is Islamic Extremist at the Brighton Mosque, neither one of us know for sure why he travelled to Afghanistan and Pakistan before getting picked up by the intelligent service and sent to Guantanamo.

Suspision remains and Omars release is not cause for the celebration that you are currently advocating....

and as for you calling me a white bigot......... shameful really.
You want me to feel shame in reacting appropriately to your bigoted stance - one which has him condemned on little or no evidence because 'he's Libyan, he's a refugee, he's a devout Muslim, he went to Pakistan' - none of which, singularly or collectively gives any indication that he promotes or glorifies mass murder? Right-o.

You offer no evidence that states he is a terrorist, has been involved in any aspect of terrorism or has terrorist sympathies - none. You merely state circumstancial evidence - quoted to fit a 'profile' of what constitutes a terrorist.

You're not even right to say he was picked up by the intelligence services, and that's the ONLY thing you can quote to makes you suspicious of him - unless you really are basing guilt on the 'he's Libyan...' etc stuff. I am assuming that it has crossed your mind that maybe - just maybe - the Americans got this one wrong?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here