Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Omar Deghayes to return to Brighton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So we're back to something being odd about somebody studying a degree, not finishing another and deciding not to instantly take up a career in their chosen subject...:D:D:D

That Maggie Thatcher was always a bit suspect.

I mean she studied CHEMISTRY (bomb-making potential!!!) and then pursued a career in LAW ( Helps get one off bomb charges in court). Presumably she studied for both. Ooh. Went to 2 places to study. (Even more suspect).

Lock up the old bag NOW, I say.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Right then, is there still something odd at studying at more than one University then ?

Definitely. Who would want to do that?

Apart from Nigel Lawson, say. (Harvard and Oxford). Hang on. He was Maggie's Chancellor and we already know she's a bit suspect......

Damn, they've been here all along and we've never known it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So we're back to something being odd about somebody studying a degree, not finishing another and deciding not to instantly take up a career in their chosen subject...:D:D:D

The problem with you is that you smash in late in the day and are running around chasing your tail...........:glare:

I questioned much of his history, some might be relevant some might not be, including whether he is this Law Student that indicated that his ambition was to be a Human Rights Lawyer or was this a fabrication of the facts.

His supporters here use this continually whilst offering 'us doubters' a character reference..................and we questioned it.

So you are continuously going off on a tangent about whether 'being a student makes you a terrorsist'............and its tiresome.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So you are continuously going off on a tangent about whether 'being a student makes you a terrorsist'.

??? Excuse me for butting in, BG, but do you really want to take the Pepsi challenge on who's brought up the question of studies/universities/degrees taken more often?

I'd hazard a guess that it's you and not ClaphamGull who'd win that little one. And by win....I mean of course, lose. You were the one that's brought the whole subject of his education up and keeps bleating on about why he went to so many unis, why didn't he finish his studies, why did he do law ad nauseum.

............and its tiresome

physician heal thyself.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The problem with you is that you smash in late in the day and are running around chasing your tail...........:glare:

I questioned much of his history, some might be relevant some might not be, including whether he is this Law Student that indicated that his ambition was to be a Human Rights Lawyer or was this a fabrication of the facts.

His supporters here use this continually whilst offering 'us doubters' a character reference..................and we questioned it.

So you are continuously going off on a tangent about whether 'being a student makes you a terrorsist'............and its tiresome.

Agreed....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I know nothing about the case as I've already stated, you seem to know absolutely nothing about the system of studying for Law.

Where have I mentioned anything about terrorism ? I was merely responding to you "questioning" his academic history with looks unremarkable and completely irrelevant to the case.

I'd suggest you are looking for something odd (which there may be with him), but you are definitely looking in the wrong place.

I would have started at least with his sandwich fillings.

Shall we call it quits ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know nothing about the case as I've already stated, you seem to know absolutely nothing about the system of studying for Law.

Where have I mentioned anything about terrorism ? I was merely responding to you "questioning" his academic history with looks unremarkable and completely irrelevant to the case.

I'd suggest you are looking for something odd (which there may be with him), but you are definitely looking in the wrong place.

I would have started at least with his sandwich fillings.

Shall we call it quits ?

Your right it was 'Large One' ( or something like that ) .....so sorry about that.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That Maggie Thatcher was always a bit suspect.

I mean she studied CHEMISTRY (bomb-making potential!!!) and then pursued a career in LAW ( Helps get one off bomb charges in court). Presumably she studied for both. Ooh. Went to 2 places to study. (Even more suspect).

Lock up the old bag NOW, I say.

Believe me if maggie was in charge there would be no way that he would be coming back....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Don't blame me, sunshine.

I haven't commented on his academic history at all.

Now you really gotta keep up and try and remember what you have previously posted, its helpful when discussing things........

I made this point:

You have posted:

The theory that not continuing your law studies implicates you in the involvement of the act of terrorism?

But that has never been my argument, its a silly response to the original post.....it was part of the overall picture including links with Afghanistan, Pakistan, his Brothers extreme views, his work history and his rufugee status.

This is a reasonable response when considering whether this man might be a victim of a grave miscarriage of justice or that he is man that has links with Islamic Terrorism.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Now you really gotta keep up and try and remember what you have previously posted, its helpful when discussing things........

I made this point:

You have posted:

The theory that not continuing your law studies implicates you in the involvement of the act of terrorism?

But that has never been my argument, its a silly response to the original post.....it was part of the overall picture including links with Afghanistan, Pakistan, his Brothers extreme views, his work history and his rufugee status.

This is a reasonable response when considering whether this man might be a victim of a grave miscarriage of justice or that he is man that has links with Islamic Terrorism.
No. You're wrong again.

My statement was in response to tthe general view you were putting across about questioning his academic studies, not as a response to one specific statement.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No. You're wrong again.

My statement was in response to tthe general view you were putting across about questioning his academic studies, not as a response to one specific statement.

Not 100% sure what you mean.

His supporters continue to offer information regarding his academic achievements and ambitions ......fine...... however on closer inspection we might find that he was not quite as successful as we have been lead to believe and his employment record is at best sketchy.

How relevant is this ?

On its own not very, granted and I have never said this was critical and certainly did not imply that somehow achieving or not achieving a degree somehow implicates Terrorism that would be stupid.

However I think its worth noting that if his supporters and his defence team have been offering inaccurate information, it does bring into question the undoubted critical part which is Omars time spent in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I know that if this academic achievement has been embellished it doesnt automatically mean he might be lying about the other critical things ..... however I think we are someway off, the intial 'love in' that some have advocated at the beginning of this thread.

Has been arrested on landing at Luton under the Terrorism Act.

I'm not sure that this bald statement tells the story properly.

He has returned to the UK, accompanied by his lawyer and having agreed to a number of procedures being put in place to ensure that concerns about the case can be addressed.

His lawyer, Clive Stafford-Smith, said: "All of our clients have voluntarily agreed to voluntary security arrangements requested by the British government.

"I can't talk about the details because that's what the British government asked.

"We agreed to exactly what the British government wanted because our clients have absolutely nothing to hide."

Being "arrested" is, of course, quite handy. It means he is entitled to formal legal representation. It's a rather different process from being kidnapped in Pakistan.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here