Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Meanwhile only 32 miles of traffic chaos on the M4 today and some athletes taking over 4 hours to get from Heathrow to the Olympic Village.

London 2012 Olympics: 11 days to go – live blog! | Sport | guardian.co.uk

It always seems worse in the rain doesn't it? The 30 day forecast does not offer much respite so it looking more and more likely that the Olympic experience (for Athletics anyway) will be like sitting in a f*** off Withdean stadium in the pissing rain whilst having to pay £7 plus for a pint of Heineken. At least in leafy Withdean there wasn't gangs of pickpockets and muggers waiting for you outside though..................I am hoping our own home grown crack addicts will be able to show the Yanks we can mix it with their finest addicts...............in Haringey and its evirons our addicts will literally do anything for a rock of the good stuff...................Go Team GB!!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Its a once in a lifetime thing that you will never see in the best county in the world again ? Some people really need a sense of perspective, like it or not the Olympics are in the UK. Perhaps instead of moaning about them, at least attempt to enjoy a summer of sport, with the start of the season sandwiches in between.

I agree with you I do feel that the huge commercial machine that now drags the sporting Olympics along as if its an inconvience has ruined the sporting specticle, but no one is being forced to go and watch and the millions that have seem to enjoy it. I know it goes against the British mentality but why not embrass something that we have got right and leave the negativity out for once.
For the next couple of days the world will be privaleged to see the greatest County on the planet in all its (wet) glory sit back and let them enjoy Sussex, even better if theres a showing of blue and white stripes.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The last remaining piece of nazisim still in exstance.

Well, the torch relay made its debut at the 1936 berlin Olympics

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can not believe they are holding a concert on the outfield at Sussex CCC. TV report reckons 10000 people are going. The outfield will be f**ked

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was looking forward to getting down there and joining in the spirit of it all - but surprise surprise its fcuking pissing down again.
Utterly miserable poxy weather

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you think they might cancel the show at the cricket ground ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you think they might cancel the show at the cricket ground ?

Fingers crossed they do, don't want the outfield f**ked up for a gas lamp, the quarters are next week.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Big Crowds in Worthing

Attachments

• Worthing 1.jpg
    Worthing 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 58
  • W 2 1.jpg
    W 2 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 57