Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Get those Albion shirts on people.

And a rousing version of Good Old Sussex By The Sea around Hove Park would awaken Atilla's Goldstone Ghosts.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
We were further down Broadwater Road, and while I am quite happy to cheer, hoorah and generally merrymake for our noble torchbearers, I draw the line at wooping for ruddy sponsor lorries. It WAS a bit of a brandfest.

That is all :lolol:
Saw it all just by the pier in Worthing. TBH the caravan ahead of the main thing wasn't as bad as I expected (though those expectations were based on waiting at tour de France stages). Amazed at how many were there given how crap the weather was, though at least it wasn't raining. Like you saved my applause for the torchbearer though still accepted a free coke from the lorry.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1746: Our last torchbearer here is Clare Forbes who contracted meningitis when she was 17 years old and lost both legs, some fingers, and suffered a brain injury to the cerebellum which has left her with a condition called downbeat nystagmus which covers balance and speech.

In 2005, she completed the London marathon in 19 hours and 10 minutes and in November 2005 she completed the New York Marathon in 12 hours and 19 minutes.

She has also completed the Great South Run and many 5k and 10k runs, all for charity, raising many thousands of pounds.

Clare was able to do this with the aid of her stepfather as her eyes and for balance.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Looking at website, its being driven to Hove now. They've got a drivers eye view of drive up the A27

I'm intrigued that the picture didn't cut out going through Southwick Tunnel

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great views from the onboard camera as it races through the Sussex countryside.

A few spots of rain, but West Blatchington arrives and the Holmes Avenue windmill is in sight! :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
watched from lancing harvester,and who else was their,bloody katie price.....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2nd runner looks a bit like Mendoza!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just watched it for about half an hour. I hate to be a bit of a kill joy, but it's a load of nonsense really isn't it?!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Camera couldn't go through Hove Park.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
indeed I had to look twice.

and where 's the signal gone . more dodgy than an albion back 4 with Nicky Rust behind them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here