Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent, I made the right choice in going to Sainsbury's in Rustington to avoid the jams and shop in peace and quiet.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342454582.345583.jpg

Big turnout by Broadwater Green, had to elbow 30 schoolchildren out of the way for this picture but the last little bastard got his flag and my finger in the way!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But my personal favourite. He will be nicking him in a few years time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342454879.473804.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seeing the torch today truly was a once in a lifetime moment.

I loved seeing so many people playing chicken with the lorries and assorted police cars/bikes. A&E will be full of children with broken toes/feet tonight!!! :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

I loved seeing so many people playing chicken with the lorries and assorted police cars/bikes. A&E will be full of children with broken toes/feet tonight!!! :)

I thought there were lots of them and each bearer got to keep it?

What exactly made it a "once in a lifetime moment." :shrug:

Telling the grand children, "i saw the Olympic touch" is not going to fill them with pride is it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Surely every moment is a " once in a lifetime moment "..... unless you are a Budhist

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Telling the grand children, "i saw the Olympic touch" is not going to fill them with pride is it.

Well I think it is extremely unlikely that I will ever see the Olympic Torch being run through Worthing again. Once in a lifetime. Fact.

You miserable bastard :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Only 8,000 it seems, I might buy one off e-bay as a garden lamp

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thanks for the pics Giraffe, you must have been standing very close to me - I was on the bank near the roundabout in Broadwater. definitely a 'once in a lifetime moment', glad to see Worthing come out in force. My parents went and arrived at 2.45pm and said there were queues even then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Am back after watching the flame on Worthing seafront. Now watching it live on the tv. Some great captions coming up describing the torch bearers.

? Her moment to shine
? Loves walking and playing darts
? Lives life to the full.......................( blimey if I had told them my story of drink, drugs and swinging parties I could have got my 300 metres easily)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Going through Lancing now. Sling one of them torches into the unfinished building on Beach Green please.

Bollox they,ve gone inland.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We were further down Broadwater Road, and while I am quite happy to cheer, hoorah and generally merrymake for our noble torchbearers, I draw the line at wooping for ruddy sponsor lorries. It WAS a bit of a brandfest.

That is all :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here