Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
My Philips 42" Plasma has a Samsung circuit board inside with cheap components, that have to be warmed up with a hair dryer to get it to fire up. It might be a help if I could carry the torch.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Do any of the naysayers have any better suggestions of a way to bring a bit of the Olympics to so many people, all around the UK?

How about:

Make the flame bigger and chuck random chemicals into it to make it burst different colours
Add more cheerleaders
Turn it into a massive Rio Carnival samba-style procession
Massive floats hosting both local bands and massive megastars (sometimes together)
Don't let Will.i.am carry it.
Have ONE torch - not a million billion.
Go back in time and stop this "once in a lifetime" (TM) event from happening in 1948, meaning that for anyone over 65 it's actually a twice in a lifetime opportunity

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC Radio Sussex let the cat our of the bag .." 99% of the torch bearers are real people with real stories..." so, there are 80 imposters or Germans in there somewhere.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How about:

Make the flame bigger and chuck random chemicals into it to make it burst different colours
Add more cheerleaders
Turn it into a massive Rio Carnival samba-style procession
Massive floats hosting both local bands and massive megastars (sometimes together)
Don't let Will.i.am carry it.
Have ONE torch - not a million billion.
Go back in time and stop this "once in a lifetime" (TM) event from happening in 1948, meaning that for anyone over 65 it's actually a twice in a lifetime opportunity

Totally this, why do the media keep refering to it as THE olympic torch, there are probably thousands. If there was just the one, then I may have bothered to go 10 minutes down the road and watch, but I have no interest whatsoever. Also, there are to many muppet so called personalities running with 'THE Torch', why not let the normal regular people take part exclusively.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From a clear skied Brighton and outside Aldi/Hobgoblin this morning the Olympic torch passes by and we are getting set for 19 days of sporting action and drama, lets the games begin...

Attachments

• Hob.jpg
    Hob.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 29

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Yes had a great view of one of Samsungs top German salesmen carrying the torch in Eastbourne this afternoon. Still the sun was out and the kids had a great time - just a bit sorry for he unsuccessful local applicants for the relay.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Yes had a great view of one of Samsungs top German salesmen carrying the torch in Eastbourne this afternoon. Still the sun was out and the kids had a great time - just a bit sorry for he unsuccessful local applicants for the relay.
Oh is that who he was! Tried googling him and all that came up was that he was German.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I went to see it in Hove yesterday. Whilst it was fun I was quite surprised/shocked by the level of corporate advertising; all the kids were either waving Coca Cola disc things or banging these blue Sanyo objects together. A bit wierd really.

Looks like Samsung wasted their money...

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Dont worry, you'll be cheering for allsorts of nationalities in the British vest when the Olympics start...............the torch relay is designed to gently ease you into the concept.

Yamilé Aldama: Plastic Brit jibe is so offensive in our country today | Sport | The Observer

Diddums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here