Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I haven't called you stupid or moronic on this thread

But you have called EVERYBODY who wants to see the torch a moron.
BTW, I can't give a monkeys whether I see it or not.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Going to see it in Worthing tomorrow with daughters and their granny. Somewhere near the station probably.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'm going to the actual Olympics (a few hockey matches) but will be boycotting the torch relay due to its links with the shittest Doctor Who episode over.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
People who pay money to go and watch the pastimes at the actual Olympics are bad enough, but the people who turn out to see a piece of metal with a flame on the top truly are beyond words. I'm not going to throw any insults around because there are none that can justify just how much of a moron you need to be.

A very rare piece of sense from TCB there, wholeheartedly agree with him.

Unfortunately Mrs Woody is dragging me to the end of the road, and then off into town. On the upside, she is paying for dinner!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
f*** off you stupid twat.

we went because it is the only time we will see it in our life time.

If you dont like it, shut the f*** up and get back to your stupid hate filled life.

Sorry chap, but you live in Mile Oak? Torch is in Hove tomorrow :shrug:

iT'S GOING RIGHT PAST MY FRONT DOOR AND i WON,T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING OUT OF THE WINDOW, WHAT A LOAD OF OLD BOLLOCKS...GOD KNOWS HOW MANY DIFFERENT TORCHES..A FLAME THATS GONE OUT SEVERAL TIMES ..VIRTUALLY NO LOCAL BEARERS.. WHY CANT THE f***ing IDIOT ORGANISERS CHOOSE DESERVING LOCAL PEOPLE FOR EACH LEG? f***ing GERMANS FOR CHRIST SAKES, HOW MANY BRITS CARRIED THE TORCH AT PREVIOUS OLYMPICS?

RANT OVER

It is as well (going past his front door).

I'm going to the actual Olympics (a few hockey matches) but will be boycotting the torch relay due to its links with the shittest Doctor Who episode over.

And the winner for the most obscure reason not to watch the torch is....................

Just a thought - do you think all the conspiracy theorists on here have subliminally got this episode confused with reality?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I kind of agree with you to a point, but I'm not sure I understand the examples. A car has a practical use. It might only be a lump of metal, but many people NEED one and everyone else benefits immensely from having one even if it isn't a necessity. It allows you to travel to places that would otherwise be out of bounds or extremely inconvenient.

What is anybody going to get out of showing up at the SCG tomorrow night or standing on London Road on Tuesday morning? I've seen pictures of it, I know what it looks like, I don't need to see it 'in the flesh' to find out. Nor am I going to benefit in any way from seeing it. It's basically one of those things that a lot of stupid people feel they have to do because they'll never get the chance again. The majority will get home afterwards and wish they'd stayed in and watched the TV.

I reckon it means different things to a lot of people.

I'll go down to watch in on Tuesday. Not because I am desperate to see the Olympic flame. Not because I am going to tell the world and everyone that I saw the flame pass by. Not because it is going to be a life changing moment. Just an excuse to get out early, meet some friends for a coffee and do a bit of people watching with the added bonus of an event. Something different to a dull and dreary Tuesday morning.

Always nice to do something new. It is going to be a cheery event. God knows we need some of those. This wretched summer could not have been planned worse with an ailing economy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
People who pay money to go and watch the pastimes at the actual Olympics are bad enough, but the people who turn out to see a piece of metal with a flame on the top truly are beyond words. I'm not going to throw any insults around because there are none that can justify just how much of a moron you need to be.

Blindly, given the thousands of people that have lined the streets for the past month or so, there sure are a lot of morons around!

I'm interested to know why you think people that watch the Olympics are "bad enough", and why those watching the relay are "morons"...

You say they are "beyond words", but I don't believe that, coming from someone that always has a lot to say. Go on, try really hard, and I'm sure you could think of some...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Ha ha. We've had this debate before. Certainly four years ago.

There is sporting life outside of football and cricket. It might not appeal to you, but it does to others and that does not make it worthless.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well I haven't picked anyone out and I haven't abused them. It always amazes me how people can get so wound up by something they read on the internet that they feel the need to insult somebody they don't even know. Maybe I'm just a remarkbly carefree person who is happy to let others have an opinion. Or, more likely, NSC is full of people who will call each other names on here but smile and shake your hand in real life...

"...feel the need to insult somebody they don't even know..."

You know all these "morons" then, TCB?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would queuing up and paying a fair wedge to see five balding blokes in their forties bang out an off-key version of Relight My Fire in their mediocre singing voices qualify as moronic, do we think? Just a random example, obviously.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The torch goes through Arundel today and we have four torch bearers, one from Germany, one from eastbourne and two from Brighton ..... obviously?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I really hoped to fly back home for this historic moment, but shall instead be glued to the live internet stream as it goes through West Blatchington, Hove and down to Brighton.

Here's hoping the weather turns out nice. Plenty of Albion shirts on display please for those of us around the world who'd love to be there.

Marvellous scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here