Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Well worth seeing the torch, ok it doesn't last long for the convoy and runner to pass but has certainly sparked a lot of interest in the Olympics. Great to see so many kids excited about it all.

Too many doom mongers in the media slagging the Olympics off when it is a unique chance for this country to show it can do sports events properly, and hopefully we will see a shedload of medals for Team GB. For a start there will be a mega turn out in support of our cyclists (especially after a magnificent TdF), swimmers and sailors where we are among the very best.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I kind of agree with you to a point, but I'm not sure I understand the examples. A car has a practical use. It might only be a lump of metal, but many people NEED one and everyone else benefits immensely from having one even if it isn't a necessity. It allows you to travel to places that would otherwise be out of bounds or extremely inconvenient.

What is anybody going to get out of showing up at the SCG tomorrow night or standing on London Road on Tuesday morning? I've seen pictures of it, I know what it looks like, I don't need to see it 'in the flesh' to find out. Nor am I going to benefit in any way from seeing it. It's basically one of those things that a lot of stupid people feel they have to do because they'll never get the chance again. The majority will get home afterwards and wish they'd stayed in and watched the TV.

Yeah cos staying in and watching TV is great innit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People who pay money to go and watch the pastimes at the actual Olympics are bad enough, but the people who turn out to see a piece of metal with a flame on the top truly are beyond words. I'm not going to throw any insults around because there are none that can justify just how much of a moron you need to be.

f*** off you stupid twat.

we went because it is the only time we will see it in our life time.

If you dont like it, shut the f*** up and get back to your stupid hate filled life.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, it's not. I rarely do it. But I'd rather watch TV than watch Dave, 54, of Brighton & Hove Buses run with a flame.

If you can't deal with a differing opinion without resorting to such language I'd suggest a messageboard isn't the place for you.

Blah blah blah...But you don't have opinions...you have a constant stream of bile deliberately said to wind people up.

Interesting that you never repeat this short of shit when you come face to face with people isn't it.

Perhaps it's easier on a message board to talk shit than to someone's face?

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
iT'S GOING RIGHT PAST MY FRONT DOOR AND i WON,T EVEN BOTHER LOOKING OUT OF THE WINDOW, WHAT A LOAD OF OLD BOLLOCKS...GOD KNOWS HOW MANY DIFFERENT TORCHES..A FLAME THATS GONE OUT SEVERAL TIMES ..VIRTUALLY NO LOCAL BEARERS.. WHY CANT THE f***ing IDIOT ORGANISERS CHOOSE DESERVING LOCAL PEOPLE FOR EACH LEG? f***ing GERMANS FOR CHRIST SAKES, HOW MANY BRITS CARRIED THE TORCH AT PREVIOUS OLYMPICS?

RANT OVER

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
sally is on the bognor leg ( what did she do wrong in a past life!!) ...she bought colin jackson's torch to school to show us. shame it wasnt colin personally! i am tempted to scoot to arundel tomoro, but.....got a bedroom to paint!

D

Deleted User X18H

I'll be in Hove Park, tomorrow late afternoon . If it helps.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I haven't picked anyone out and I haven't abused them. It always amazes me how people can get so wound up by something they read on the internet that they feel the need to insult somebody they don't even know. Maybe I'm just a remarkbly carefree person who is happy to let others have an opinion. Or, more likely, NSC is full of people who will call each other names on here but smile and shake your hand in real life...

So you would call me stupid and moronic to my face as opposed to smiling and shaking e by the hand would you them?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got to hold a torch today! I work at Southampton Airport, so we got to welcome the plane in with all the fanfare after it flew in from the Channel Islands!

can you advise, is there a flight from Southampton to paris?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
People who pay money to go and watch the pastimes at the actual Olympics are bad enough, but the people who turn out to see a piece of metal with a flame on the top truly are beyond words. I'm not going to throw any insults around because there are none that can justify just how much of a moron you need to be.

shit...somebody shoot or beat me,,,I agree with the complete tosser!!

I work in london so as soon an the olympics are over I will be happy..

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Well I haven't picked anyone out and I haven't abused them. It always amazes me how people can get so wound up by something they read on the internet that they feel the need to insult somebody they don't even know. Maybe I'm just a remarkbly carefree person who is happy to let others have an opinion. Or, more likely, NSC is full of people who will call each other names on here but smile and shake your hand in real life...
Fair do's - I shall retract my calling you twat; that was a bit OTT under the circumstances.

Holding an opinion on wether watching the torch or not is fair enough, but calling people stupid & moronic because they want to go and see the torch is rather condescending. Perhaps those that make such a statement are themselves stupid & moronic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here