Olives. Yay or nay?

Are olives nasty little clag-nuts?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used to HATE them. HATE them I say. Then the foxy Italian MILF of a former girlfriend made me eat one EVERY day. That was nearly 20 years ago.

They are DELICIOUS.

If you don't like them you have the taste buds of a CHILD. You probably don't like PICKLED WALNUTS either.

GROW UP!

Well said that man - I used pretty much the same analogy to [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] earlier today.

Young - hate olives and Guiness.
Growns up - love both of the above.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy tiger.

I love olives but if I had to choose between olives and cheese&pineapple, I'd find myself in quite a conundrum, I can tell you.
I'm not saying there isn't room for life's simple things like the fabled cheese & pineapple combo, it's just that you will find them on the kid's table along with all the other treats that olive haters like to indulge in, such as Happy Shopper Wotsits and grim, unrecognisable, fatty finger-food that Iceland probably sell by the tray of 150 for £1.49.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What, so you can mix it with the 20 year old Isle of Jura single malt that the ADULTS are enjoying?

I don't think so sonny Jim. Be off with you

Afraid not squid boy.

I'll have snaffled the Jura, along with half the stilton and a box of oatcakes. I had it away, before the try-hards had finished congratulating each other on how divine the olives are, through their forced smiles.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Love olives, especially green ones stuffed with jalapeno or lemon. Go lovely with a beer.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Afraid not squid boy.

I'll have snaffled the Jura, along with half the stilton and a box of oatcakes. I had it away, before the try-hards had finished congratulating each other on how divine the olives are, through their forced smiles.
There's only one try hard round here, and that's you trying hard to be an adult.

Olive hater = child. Factoid I'm afraid. Would you like a plastic glass of Dr Pepper?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's only one try hard round here, and that's you trying hard to be an adult.

Olive hater = child. Factoid I'm afraid. Would you like a plastic glass of Dr Pepper?

No thanks.

Please though, continue to enlighten me on how its terribly grown up, to 'educate' your palate to tolerate a food your initial NATURAL reaction is to despise.

Stumpy Tim

Some things are worth teaching your taste buds to enjoy. Beer is a fine example... all kids hate beers but it's worth seeing that through. OLIVES are not in the same league as beer, and hence they should be consigned to the dustbin of life.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Afraid not squid boy.

doherty-swimming-pools-safety-baby-child-fence.gif

No chance mate, you'll be contained with the other kiddies in one of these.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a bit like the birds and bees. You'll learn when you grow up son. *pats head*

Just cut and paste, from page 1 - the first time you used the same 'child' argument. The 'Yay' camp, clearly have nothing else.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some things are worth teaching your taste buds to enjoy. Beer is a fine example... all kids hate beers but it's worth seeing that through. OLIVES are not in the same league as beer, and hence they should be consigned to the dustbin of life.

Wise words.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nothing is in the same league as beer really though, so are you consigning EVERYTHING you disliked as a child into that there dustbin?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, but only really like decent black ones like kalamata, not over fond of the green or stuffed varieties.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is Simster, this is:

"Oooh, lah-de-dah, look at me I've got a little olive on a stick floating about in my £10 half-a-mouthful cocktail, aren't I quite the HEIGHT of socialite sophistication ? Look, I've even got my little PINKIE pointing out at a jaunty angle"

*simper*

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With the red peppers inside. But not as good as mini-gherkins. Black ones (w/o pips) go in the tomato stew.

If you didn't know it was hummus, would you eat it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here