Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olives. Yay or nay?

Are olives nasty little clag-nuts?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Massively wrong. I'll be gorging myself on the pistachio nuts and all manner of strong cheese (before popping across to the kids' table, to nick a couple of bright pink 'Party Ring' biscuits)
I thought the smell of olives made you retch? Well lets be clear, those will be centre stage on the adult's table. So I'm afraid you would need to ask an adult to get you some pistachios before you sloped off back to the kiddies table like an excited yapping puppy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Correct.

Next time you go to any sort of event with a full spread on offer, I've got no doubt you'll find [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and their ilk over on the children's table, tucking into the Happy Shopper Wotsits and cocktail sticked Cheese & Pineapple squares whilst us adults enjoy the adult food such as olives and pistachio nuts.

Quite.

And as the GROWN UPS are quaffing ever so drinkable Rioja's or perhaps a nice Cabernet, these philistines will be no doubt necking cocktails of White Lightning and Lucozade

Au contraire

I would be gobbling the prawn vol-au-vents and partaking in the salsa and guacamole variety dips, whilst nibbling suggestively on a breadstick and leering at other peoples wives. I would regard those eating olives with the contempt they so richly deserve.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought the smell of olives made you retch? Well lets be clear, those will be centre stage on the adult's table. So I'm afraid you would need to ask an adult to get you some pistachios before you sloped off back to the kiddies table like an excited yapping puppy.

Mind over matter. I'd be fine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Au contraire

I would be gobbling the prawn vol-au-vents and partaking in the salsa and guacamole variety dips, whilst nibbling suggestively on a breadstick and leering at other peoples wives. I would regard those eating olives with the contempt they so richly deserve.
Note to self: cheap prawn vol-au-vents from Iceland to be placed on the children's table, along with white bread sliced as soldiers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Delicious-yes; Healthy-no (salt content not good for my blood pressure)

Salt content? Only if they have been pickled in brine shirley?

Have stuffed myself silly with Olives of various sorts over the years, it has already been mentioned but green olives with anchovies are perfick....:drool:

Mind you I didn't like them as a Child :cool:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Horrible HORRIBLE.

Just the SMELL of them makes me want to PUNCH someone.

I didnt even go near an ex of mine for the rest of the evening because she ATE some olives.

Hate them. Hear me? HATE them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Au contraire

Tapenade dip for the breadstick, sir.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Correct.

Next time you go to any sort of event with a full spread on offer, I've got no doubt you'll find [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and their ilk over on the children's table, tucking into the Happy Shopper Wotsits and cocktail sticked Cheese & Pineapple squares whilst us adults enjoy the adult food such as olives and pistachio nuts.

Easy tiger.

I love olives but if I had to choose between olives and cheese&pineapple, I'd find myself in quite a conundrum, I can tell you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here