Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olives. Yay or nay?

Are olives nasty little clag-nuts?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Even Diana didn't like olives. She said they tasted like starving africans toes.

bu Diana would have loved starving africans toes. preferably in a light chilli oil dressing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Olives are AMAZING.

Food of the gods.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate them is IGNORANT
Correct.

Next time you go to any sort of event with a full spread on offer, I've got no doubt you'll find [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and their ilk over on the children's table, tucking into the Happy Shopper Wotsits and cocktail sticked Cheese & Pineapple squares whilst us adults enjoy the adult food such as olives and pistachio nuts.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
The trouble is................they all look the same even when they are bad. Its not until you have bitten into a rotten one that you know how bad something can taste.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
remember flooding the Churchill Square toilets in vomit due to the SMELL of them when the cart used to be in the middle of the shopping centre

it's a big fat NO for me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That rare combination of delicious snack and healthy to boot.

Delicious-yes; Healthy-no (salt content not good for my blood pressure)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The trouble is................they all look the same even when they are bad. Its not until you have bitten into a rotten one that you know how bad something can taste.

It would seem that every single one I've ever tasted or smelled, has been one of those 'rotten' ones.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Correct.

Next time you go to any sort of event with a full spread on offer, I've got no doubt you'll find [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] and their ilk over on the children's table, tucking into the Happy Shopper Wotsits and cocktail sticked Cheese & Pineapple squares whilst us adults enjoy the adult food such as olives and pistachio nuts.

Massively wrong. I'll be gorging myself on the pistachio nuts and all manner of strong cheese (before popping across to the kids' table, to nick a couple of bright pink 'Party Ring' biscuits)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Correct.

Quite.

And as the GROWN UPS are quaffing ever so drinkable Rioja's or perhaps a nice Cabernet, these philistines will be no doubt necking cocktails of White Lightning and Lucozade

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
remember flooding the Churchill Square toilets in vomit due to the SMELL of them when the cart used to be in the middle of the shopping centre

it's a big fat NO for me.

Understandable.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bang. On.

"Oh, aren't these olives simply divine?" (God, these are foul, but I'll look unsophisticated in front of Raef and Prunella, if I spit it out).

"Aren't they? I had them imported especially from a little place in Sardinia". (And they were damn pricey, so we've got to get rid of them somehow).

"Really? Yum" (Wish they had some f***ing pringles)

If accompanied by those kind of comments then I probably would be put off them and make a hasty exit to avoid any further DRIVEL emanating from the host's mouth.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I used to HATE them. HATE them I say. Then the foxy Italian MILF of a former girlfriend made me eat one EVERY day. That was nearly 20 years ago.

They are DELICIOUS.

If you don't like them you have the taste buds of a CHILD. You probably don't like PICKLED WALNUTS either.

GROW UP!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I want to like them as they look delicious, especially those STUFFED ones you get in delis but bleaugh I hate them!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't like olives,but love olive oil
don't like tomato sauce,but love tomatoes

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yup....the ones at jamie Olivers restaurant opposite the ramada or what ever its called are really great, expecially the big ones stuffed with feta cheese and chilli!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I used to HATE them. HATE them I say. Then the foxy Italian MILF of a former girlfriend made me eat one EVERY day. That was nearly 20 years ago.

They are DELICIOUS.

If you don't like them you have the taste buds of a CHILD. You probably don't like PICKLED WALNUTS either.

GROW UP!

If I were allowed to NIBBLE one each day from between the BREASTS of a Bellucci-esque Italian MILF, then I would be prepared to TOLERATE that. Only then. And only ONE, mind.

And again on the CHILD'S tastebuds SLUR;

Single Malt - Yay
Stilton and such - Yay

Olives - :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here