Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gawd, how much longer can this thread carry on with the same whinges and the same answers ?

If you're pissed off about paying another tenner then DON'T BOTHER.
There's still plenty of others that will, and at least theres less chance of any big away games being totally over-subscribed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK.I have spoken to the club,and apparently whilst I was mislead into thinking that the away scheme was for life,as promised at the time,apparently it was for the life of the scheme,not the member.This was not was was said at the time.It was clearly said that the £10 payment was a one off

Double-check the small print. If it was stated or even implied that the old AMS was for life then take the club to the cleaners. Demand an upgrade to at least SILVER - and yer ten quid back. No excuse for treating people like that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Double-check the small print. If it was stated or even implied that the old AWS was for life then take the club to the cleaners. Demand an upgrade to at least SILVER - and yer ten quid back. No excuse for treating people like that.

Like what? There was loads of warnings to upgrade for free.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Like what? There was loads of warnings to upgrade for free.

Fair enough if the club mailed every AWS member at home and then sent a couple of reminders. But if it was just mentioned in passing in the programme and on a couple of web sites then that's not the same thing at all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fair enough if the club mailed every AWS member at home and then sent a couple of reminders. But if it was just mentioned in passing in the programme and on a couple of web sites then that's not the same thing at all.
And the Argus.

It was widely publicised. I thought a few people hadn't spotted it so asked for a thread to be stickied on Nsc just in case.
People don't want to listen so why should the club send out 28,000 individual letters and involve all the costs of posting them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I don't think it's to do with being arsed to fill in a form though...

It's a tenner for people who had no idea of a cut off date or that they had to reapply for membership. Our was it just a few unlucky ones who weren't sent a renewal form...

I was certainly not sent a renewal form,and the one I bothered to get myself has no date on it at all.

It was a membership for life,and as I said to Mr.Perry it isn't the money,it's the principle,and,frankly,his attitude stinks.

Anyone who was a member surely remains a member;it was the membership that was for life,not the life of the scheme,otherwise the scheme could change two or three times a season at a tenner a throw.A money raiser,certainly,but somewhat shady,don't you know.

And as a remote member I do not take the Argus,and in any case would have felt there was something dubious about the new scheme.

So,like a lot of other supporters I guess I'll be going only to pay on the gate affairs,and leaving these tainted and tacky schemes alone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And the Argus.

It was widely publicised. I thought a few people hadn't spotted it so asked for a thread to be stickied on Nsc just in case.
People don't want to listen so why should the club send out 28,000 individual letters and involve all the costs of posting them.

Dammit woman! Have you got an answer for absolutely EVERYTHING? :rant::angry::rant:

:p

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And the Argus.

Because the tenner was to cover admin costs,like sending out letters to members.There were no qualms about sending out the letters asking for money,to which I responded with a bigger cheque than the tenner,given freely and willingly,not ripped off.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Gawd, how much longer can this thread carry on with the same whinges and the same answers ?

If you're pissed off about paying another tenner then DON'T BOTHER.
There's still plenty of others that will, and at least theres less chance of any big away games being totally over-subscribed.

But.............they still have my tenner,and I do not have the membership I paid for.I certainly will not bother to pay them again for the same thing,any more than i would want to pay twice the price for beer,food,petrol etc.etc.

Has my fund risen beyond 23p,or is it in the Northern Rock?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Again, not right.

A contract can't just be cancelled and replaced by a new one by one side.

When we paid that tenner we were told it was for life. Changing the scheme doesn't in any way release them from that obligation in law.

At the end of the day (and I donate more than that tenner to the club anyway for no return) it is a shoddy way to treat fans.

Fork Me

Fork Me

Is another correct answer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can we have a whip-round for him?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
But they can as it wasn't "a contract" it was membership of a scheme, a scheme that has now closed.

Irrelevent. Any agreement, especially one involving a transfer if money is a contract.

I payed them a tenner, in return they offered me the ability tio buy away game tickets for life.

That's a contract, whatever else you want to call it.

They gave notice of the closure of that scheme and gave notice of the need to re-register to the new scheme within the desired timeframes to be eligible for the new scheme at no cost.

Irrelevent, I already has a contract with them. I should need to do anything to keep it.

That's how contract law works.

Fork Me

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Irrelevent. Any agreement, especially one involving a transfer if money is a contract.

I payed them a tenner, in return they offered me the ability tio buy away game tickets for life.

Irrelevent, I already has a contract with them. I should need to do anything to keep it.

That's how contract law works.

Fork Me

If you have a contract, then you will have a signed copy of it.

Scan it on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You still have the ability to buy away game tickets for life, you are just fifth in a queue after Beach Hut, Gold, Blue and White members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here